It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bla1: I have a Xeon 3690, and was not able to play the game -- it crashed every time I tried to leave the bar as the street kid. It seems this is an AVX support issue.

I found the following post on Steam, and can confirm it works:

[i]At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove this part of code...

Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

554881ECA00000000F2970E8

Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.[/i]

You, of course, edit the file at your own risk, but I can confirm that this seemingly disables the AVX flag and allows you to continue playing the game -- I was subsequently able to leave the bar, talk with Padre, and watch an intro movie. Again -- no guarantee that this won't screw something up later in the game, but it does successfully disable the AVX requirement and allow those of us with CPUs that are otherwise sufficient to play the game to do so.

It also puts paid to the idea that somehow a Xeon 3690 or whatever is "too old" to play this game, since the problem goes away when AVX support is disabled.

Good luck.k
Ok, this is weird. I'm running a W3680 and having no issues whatsoever and no patch. Did CDPR fix this issue? Or is this a problem that only exists under certain conditions?

drmsux: (Also I would rather chew on glass than deal with Nexusmods)
Right there with you.

EDIT;
It seems my son had installed the EXE hack without much discussion. However, CDPR has seemingly fixed the issue along with a few other problems in tomorrows 1.05 patch.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37166/hotfix-1-05
Post edited December 19, 2020 by lexluthermiester
Piotrunusus: there's a new fix AVX_SSEfix, search for it on nexus, beacuse i can't post links

Uploaded by
Stre1nik0V
Bone Apple Mr. T: Has anyone with a Phenom II tried that one?
Pointless. It's just too slow for the game.
Bone Apple Mr. T: Has anyone with a Phenom II tried that one?
coth_rus: Pointless. It's just too slow for the game.
It could likely run the game in 720p. CP2077 actually looks good at that resolution and is very playable with a solid GPU.
coth_rus: Pointless. It's just too slow for the game.
lexluthermiester: It could likely run the game in 720p. CP2077 actually looks good at that resolution and is very playable with a solid GPU.
I can't see how, unless you apply a hack to remove pedestrians and most traffic.
I finally found a fix and run game on my AMD Phenom II x4 955 without flatline on startup (also works on Core 2/Quad).

All you have to do is copy two .dll files from second link of YT video (for Intel use first link and 3 files) to /bin/x64 game directory (one of them will be overwriten - make copy of the original). And that's it. Game starts.
No viruses detected in this download.

YT: https://youtu.be/QV5-ocm6oDk

Original uploader Luther_D : https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71329&p=2285920#p2285920
Post edited December 23, 2020 by NewPyk
NewPyk: I finally found a fix and run game on my AMD Phenom II x4 955 without flatline on startup (also works on Core 2/Quad).

All you have to do is copy two .dll files from second link of YT video (for Intel use first link and 3 files) to /bin/x64 game directory (one of them will be overwriten - make copy of the original). And that's it. Game starts.

Original uploader Luther_D : https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71329&p=2285920#p2285920
Hi,I habe a phenom ii x 6 1055t, can you please confirm if your game runs after update 1.06?

Thank you.
NewPyk: I finally found a fix and run game on my AMD Phenom II x4 955 without flatline on startup (also works on Core 2/Quad).

Zalenthya: Hi,I habe a phenom ii x 6 1055t, can you please confirm if your game runs after update 1.06?

Thank you.
Nope. It dosn't work on 1.06 :) Bugger :)
Zalenthya: Hi,I habe a phenom ii x 6 1055t, can you please confirm if your game runs after update 1.06?

Thank you.
NewPyk: Nope. It dosn't work on 1.06 :) Bugger :)

Thank you.
NewPyk: Nope. It dosn't work on 1.06 :) Bugger :)
we will have to wait until fix is updated.(cries).

Thanks for the link. I've been playing the game (version 1.05) just fine on a Phenom II now for a few days with the files from that thread.
Head's up to anyone else who tries them, I did get crashes when explosive barrels exploded in one of the early missions, but since I've been doing a hacking build and haven't used the barrels I'm not sure if it's all barrrel explosions which will crash, or just some of them. Other than that, no issues so far with crashes or anything. Game mostly runs fine, but gets choppy when driving fast sometimes, which I assume has to do with loading and unloading the terrain and such. It's usually not too bad, but when turning the camera rapidly it's sometimes really choppy until I steady up in a direction. Probably not the fault of the patch though.
Post edited December 28, 2020 by Vector_Matt

Vector_Matt: Thanks for the link. I've been playing the game (version 1.05) just fine on a Phenom II now for a few days with the files from that thread.
Head's up to anyone else who tries them, I did get crashes when explosive barrels exploded in one of the early missions, but since I've been doing a hacking build and haven't used the barrels I'm not sure if it's all barrrel explosions which will crash, or just some of them. Other than that, no issues so far with crashes or anything. Game mostly runs fine, but gets choppy when driving fast sometimes, which I assume has to do with loading and unloading the terrain and such. It's usually not too bad, but when turning the camera rapidly it's sometimes really choppy until I steady up in a direction. Probably not the fault of the patch though.
Thank you, for your reply,and input too.I have exactly the same experience, and the issue with the driving is absolutely due to our processors-phenom ii x 6 1055t- being so weak.You will be happy to know that the author of the patch has released a small update to resolve the known issue with the barrels.I have installed the update, but haven't experimented with the explosions yet.Also, there is no coming update for his fix for version 1.06, he made that clear.

As we are many players with old processors, I have written a letter to the developers, asking to at consider releasing a patch or fix regarding the SSE4.2 requirement, and support notified me I will receive an answer from them shortly.I will share their answer here.
Vector_Matt: Thanks for the link. I've been playing the game (version 1.05) just fine on a Phenom II now for a few days with the files from that thread.
Zalenthya: Thank you, for your reply,and input too.I have exactly the same experience, and the issue with the driving is absolutely due to our processors-phenom ii x 6 1055t- being so weak.You will be happy to know that the author of the patch has released a small update to resolve the known issue with the barrels.I have installed the update, but haven't experimented with the explosions yet.Also, there is no coming update for his fix for version 1.06, he made that clear.

As we are many players with old processors, I have written a letter to the developers, asking to at consider releasing a patch or fix regarding the SSE4.2 requirement, and support notified me I will receive an answer from them shortly.I will share their answer here.
I've also send a message to GOG support with this problem. Waiting for reply :)
Does fix 1.07 resolve the sse 4.2 issue?

Please share your knowledge.

Thank you.
Patch 1.1 is here! Sadly I won't have access to my PC for some time. Maybe someone here would test it for flatline (edit:) on Phenom without sse4.1 and 4.2.
Post edited January 23, 2021 by NewPyk
Cyber Engine Tweaks
Try using the updated https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks