It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Blonder: ryzen 5 3600, 32gb ram and 5700xt.
ultra settings at 1080p run perfectly smooth with at least 60fps
yeah but what temperature on the CPU?
siegeshot: yeah but what temperature on the CPU?
Not Blonder, but my cpu is running around 30-35% load and not any hotter than usual. Similar setup.
durbinh: I was getting bad performance on 2080ti GTX. I spent 2 hours trying to figure it out. I fixed it by clean installing nvidia drivers from Dec 9th. Now I'm getting between 75-105 fps on Ray tracing medium. I hope this helps.
When you click the OK to allow all the driver code to initiate , there is a little check box to completely remove the old driver and give a clean install. The only downfall to that is you lose any preset game configs you've made.
siegeshot: yeah but what temperature on the CPU?
~70°C I use the boxed fan
Mentat2020: The higher settings were intended for gamers with the best PCs in the world.. If your PC is average or below, you just have to lower the settings..
ToveriJuri: That is understandable. We used to have games that were basically benchmarks that weren't even meant to be maxed out with current tech like original Crysis. The issue is that recommended cards are struggling to get 60 FPS at 1080 on low settings. That's the minimum acceptable performance for something that is listed as recommended.

I would understand if a 1060 was minimum req card and it struggled, but no it's listed as recommended. Either they need to optimize things better or change the recommended specs.
I think the system requirements for this game, like with many games is just not realistic. Like when it comes to many games, the minimum system requirements just tell what you need to get the game to just run with like 15 fps. I had to learn this the hard way because often in the past, I would not upgrade my PC until my PC was ancient. Since then, I stopped taking system requirements seriously. In this game, it seems a recommended system just means you can actually play the game, somewhere between 30 and 40 fps.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by Mentat2020
I think things will be improved with patches. Because there's no way 1060, even mobile one shouldn't run the game at full speed in at least 720p with everything but AA and maybe 1-2 effects maxed. With the same hardware Doom Eternal is limited only by VRAM - if you have 4Gb of VRAM you can go 1080p high-ultra, if it's 8+ 4k ultra all the way. Sure Doom Eternal got less stuff going on but it shows how well optimized engine performs even on a budget hardware - game runs at full speed with medium-high settings on 10 years old PC. And not the best available back then.

Also what makes me thing that there's a HUGE room for improvement is that high-end hardware is experiencing some occasional hiccups from time to time and going down from 4k/ultra to 1080p/medium doesn't change anything. Another thing is that when i tried to mess with Linux/VKD3D overal fps was lower but i was getting steady framerate, no hiccups.
It's like they designed 2077 for ray tracing GPUs only and then at the last minute made a quick hack for the rest of us to "emulate" ray tracing. I know they didn't do this, BUT THAT IS HOW BAD IT RUNS.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by bigsilverhotdog
I finally got 60 fps turning off RT reflection and a few other things but DLSS is a must. It needs some baking for sure. It doesn't look all that good either. At least anything up close.
It's like the game isn't using my gpu fully. My cpu (Ryxen 3600) gets nailed but gpu is at a modest temp.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by smuggly