It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have a GTX 970 4gb with the new driver, an i5 4690k and 16gb RAM, that puts me between the minimum and recommended specs, a bit more to the recommended side. Bought the game on GOG.

But right now I'm having a really hard time with the game staying almost at all times below 30 FPS. I'm playing on fullscreen 1080p with low settings. Furthermore, there seems to be no difference in performance regardless of the graphic settings I choose (even ultra). I tried to restart the game after changing settings and tried to change settings on the main menu and there's no difference.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Zehmnas
I run on Ryzen 3900x 12 core CPU, 32 GB and GTX 1080, samsung nvme 970 pro
Performance is very bad...

I use medium settings overall but i got 36-45 fps

Latest nvidia driver
Post edited December 10, 2020 by derhutmacher22
Me too. RTX 3090. I get a whopping 15FPS at 4k with Ultra RT and DLSS at the max perf setting. Trying a number of different things to see if I can get that to clean up, but so far, nada. Next up, PC restart.
Singular8ty: Me too. RTX 3090. I get a whopping 15FPS at 4k with Ultra RT and DLSS at the max perf setting. Trying a number of different things to see if I can get that to clean up, but so far, nada. Next up, PC restart.
Ok something is wrong with the game.. rlly strange!

Maybe the newest nvidia driver is buggy? I havent tested it with the driver before :-D
Post edited December 10, 2020 by derhutmacher22
derhutmacher22: I run on Ryzen 3900x 12 core CPU, 32 GB and GTX 1080
Performance is very bad...

I use medium settings overall but i got 36-45 fps

Latest nvidia driver
I just talked to a guy on reddit who also has a GTX970 and he told me it was so smooth he could even try to play it on Ultra...

What might be our problem? Right now I'm trying to scan the game files through GOG but it seems broken since it's stuck on 0% for the last 10 minutes.
Singular8ty: Me too. RTX 3090. I get a whopping 15FPS at 4k with Ultra RT and DLSS at the max perf setting. Trying a number of different things to see if I can get that to clean up, but so far, nada. Next up, PC restart.
I reckon you will have to knock that 4K down to 1440p if you want a decent framerate with high settings and RT on.
I have i7-8700k, 16 GB, and 1070 ti. I thought I could run this game on 1080p 60fps on high, but I don't think I'm getting anything beyond 25
UPDATE: the scan finished and downloaded a 29mb file. Will try it out right now.

still awful
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Zehmnas
midrand: I reckon you will have to knock that 4K down to 1440p if you want a decent framerate with high settings and RT on.
Nah. EVGA's X1 software is just bugged. It throttled my GPU to 20% on the newest update. No clue why. Restarted and looked again and I saw it. Duh. Now I get 60FPS.
midrand: I reckon you will have to knock that 4K down to 1440p if you want a decent framerate with high settings and RT on.
Singular8ty: Nah. EVGA's X1 software is just bugged. It throttled my GPU to 20% on the newest update. No clue why. Restarted and looked again and I saw it. Duh. Now I get 60FPS.
Can you explain what you did?
Singular8ty: Nah. EVGA's X1 software is just bugged. It throttled my GPU to 20% on the newest update. No clue why. Restarted and looked again and I saw it. Duh. Now I get 60FPS.
Zehmnas: Can you explain what you did?
Attached image. If the power target doesn't say 100, it's bugged. Mine was something like 23 for some mystifistical reason. Just installed an update to it today, so that probably triggered it. If you really want to be careful, you can just reset to the default. That should work as well.

Edit: Should have said, you can make it 100 yourself to fix. Default should work, too.
EditEdit: I'm going to be paranoid now and have this show up every boot to make sure it doesn't do it again. Oh well....
Attachments:
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Singular8ty
Zehmnas: Can you explain what you did?
Singular8ty: Attached image. If the power target doesn't say 100, it's bugged. Mine was something like 23 for some mystifistical reason. Just installed an update to it today, so that probably triggered it. If you really want to be careful, you can just reset to the default. That should work as well.

Edit: Should have said, you can make it 100 yourself to fix. Default should work, too.
EditEdit: I'm going to be paranoid now and have this show up every boot to make sure it doesn't do it again. Oh well....
I see, so your problem was due to your PC. From what I'm seeing here, other threads and reddit, people are facing something related to the game. Some people are experiencing poor hardware usage by the game, but for many (including me) the game is using CPU and GPU just like any other game would, but the performance is still absolute crap. I tried scanning the game files and it didn't work. Right now I'm reinstalling the entire game hoping that it works. Guess it just sucks to be us.
2080ti + 10700k game runs great.
Not only bad performance, I'm getting so many bugs you would swear it was made by EA/Bioware with MA:E all over again :/
I am getting like 40-55 fps with RTX 3080 at high DLSS balanced RTX off at 1440p. Am i bottlenecked by my CPU? (ryzen 7 1700)