It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Can't seem to launch the game at all past the launch screen that gives the option of [PLAY] and [MORE]. When I attempt a more direct start from the file directory, it flashes a message saying I'm missing my xinput1_3.dll file and it won't launch. Umm... Help?

Windows 7 (64bit)
3.30GHz
16gb RAM
So the client installs wherever it wants to under the guise of installing a game, and then makes a link to the client under the guise of a game (which is non-functional, btw) and I have to dig around for the actual game in my directory in order to make a short cut on my desktop, which I thought I had checked as an option when I thought I was installing the game, not the client.

GOG? Are you feeling OK? This is something I would expect from 2008-era EA, not you.
The launcher appeared without focus (in the background) when launched and after logging in/updating.
The MS VC++ install windows are obtrusive and should be hidden or run as console from the installer directly.
Aside from the update process trying to install MS VC++ and covering a portion of the screen, everything else seems to work just fine, I cant wait to update all my other GOG games as well as soon as Galaxy leaves beta testing.
I have only played a bit because i have work to do but I want to send to gog my opinions about galaxy:

1- I like the galaxy client being an optional thing.
2- I don´t like the client logo (I know this is an stupid thing but i have to say it too)
3- The launcher´s screen looks ... strange? Or not very clear :S
4- Thank you for the game
5- I think you are making the right decissions and you are my favourite game company. I would like to work with you making games or with gog, but i have studied medicine xD. DRM is BAD. I wish you had all the games here.
Unfortunately the launcher has the same major problems like the downloader - it is not optimized for single-core CPUs.
First when I started it, it says it was up-to-date and I started the game, then the lag started because of the 100% CPU usage and because the launcher initiated an update - during the game session. Can you make it to check for, download an, and finally to update before log in, I think this is the best way.
Also please optimize it for single-core 1.5 or 2 GHz CPUs, most of the games on GOG runs perfectly on such machines but the GOG tools doesn't :(

Edit 1: Just to clarify - the game lags a lot even when the launcher doesn't update - the lag starts immediately after I click on the Multiplayer tab of the game, there is no lag in the single player or in the multiplayer part of the single player game (without GOG Galaxy launcher).
Also do you think NO log out option is prudent on a shared computer? Can you please incorporate a log out option in the launcher.?
Post edited October 21, 2014 by leon30
leon30: Unfortunately the launcher has the same major problems like the downloader - it is not optimized for single-core CPUs.
First when I started it, it says it was up-to-date and I started the game, then the lag started because of the 100% CPU usage and because the launcher initiated an update - during the game session. Can you make it to check for, download an, and finally to update before log in, I think this is the best way.
Also please optimize it for single-core 1.5 or 2 GHz CPUs, most of the games on GOG runs perfectly on such machines but the GOG tools doesn't :(

Edit 1: Just to clarify - the game lags a lot even when the launcher doesn't update - the lag starts immediately after I click on the Multiplayer tab of the game, there is no lag in the single player or in the multiplayer part of the single player game (without GOG Galaxy launcher).
Also do you think NO log out option is prudent on a shared computer? Can you please incorporate a log out option in the launcher.?
I would also appreciate the ability to log out.
leon30: it says it was up-to-date and I started the game, then [...] the launcher initiated an update - during the game session.
Just wanted to second that part of leon's post. Started the launcher yesterday (after a fresh re-install) and got the "up to date" message. I hit play and was looking for a specific multiplayer game. Since I couldn't find it, I alt+tabbed out and wanted to drop a message on the forums. First thing I saw: The launcher doing an update oO

Maybe that's a launcher-specific issue (= not present in Galaxy client), but you should make sure to add a "looking for updates" message when the launcher is looking for updates, instead of showing an "up to date" message.
EasyGamer: Actually, is this "GoG Launcher" for AVP 2000 the actual GoG Galaxy software or am I missing something here?
Venom: Launcher is just a temporary solution. It will be replaced by the Galaxy Client, that will manage all you GOG games from one place.

danatblair: For some reason my email and password are not working.
Venom: What error are you getting exactly?

Can you login on www.gog.com now? (as this is exactly the same login screen as in the launcher)
I am able to log in to gog.com. Which is why i was kinda confused. It keeps saying incorrect password. So, maybe i am somehow typing it wrong just in the launcher. I am not sure. Offline mode works fine.

edited for follow up: I did a password reset and that seems to have fixed things. I have no idea why it needed to be reset, as it was working on gog.com. Still, i got in a briefly played. will do more later. right now my only complaint is that on shut down it is really slow to restore my previous resolution and screen.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by danatblair
What the hell is this auto-downloading launcher business? Why is the game installer downloading anything? Why is this client not a secondary, separate, manually downloaded file not tied to the game installer?

I'm sincerely hoping this is a beta testing thing and not going to be how the game (or Galaxy) will work once it's officially released because this feels far too much like it's tied to the internet, and it's making me very uncomfortable.

Edit: The launcher itself is annoying. As the poster below me said, it took long enough with no indicators that I thought it had either hung or not loaded at all, and I have an excessively fast PC.

Edit 2: It forcefully installed to my C drive? Not even the game location? It's on my SSD and I don't want it there. There's no option to manually install? I don't even feel like getting involved with the testing at this point, I don't care how early the client is, it's made a very, VERY bad first impression.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by ReynardFox
The game plays fine (once it has launched), but there are a few minor issues/quirks

The launcher required multiple updates on first launch but poorly explained, which made it seem like the game was failing to initialise, and when it finally did, another updating screen came up, total time was about 10 minutes from finishing 'installing' to launching.

On opening the game (playing 2nd time), the launcher seems to check for updates in the background before revealing the 'play/more' window, long enough to make it feel like the game wasn't launching. If this was intended, bringing a screen that says 'checking for updates' or such would help clear up this issue.

Other than that the launcher works pretty well.

An 'offline' mode button, as was mentioned in other posts would also be appreciated, especially if it could skip the second quirk.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Post edited October 21, 2014 by tnasteti
The launcher take a lot of time to download the update patch, but the game and multiplayer plays fine.
Everything worked great from my short amount of testing so far, the client and the game itself.

I will have to echo the comments about the C++ Runtime install being quite annoying. Hopefully it can be made a silent install and only do it during the installation of the client and not yet again in the launcher.
Raff: On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GalaxyClient\Logs
On my Xp computer they are in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GalaxyClient\logs

Both Galaxy and the game don't work for me, however. (and there are 0 logs)
I only have 1.5 Gb RAM and a single-core cpu, though..
Post edited October 21, 2014 by phaolo
same as above
launcher does multiple updates and new shortcut everytime it updates