It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It works alright for me. Good start for beta. Updated quickly and easily got into a server with little to no lag. Keep working great GOG!!! :D
Everything okay. The Launcher updated quickly. So far no lags while playing.
Everythings working out fine but I was simply bit surprised how it worked trough simple launcher instead of some client. This makes it super easy to add game as non-steam and keep communication up with steam overlay so kudos for this.
I was able to get the game itself to work. I wasn't able to actually log in. I have tried repeatedly. I even logged out of gog.com in chrome and tried logging back in. For some reason my email and password are not working.

I'll try again later and see if i was doing something wrong, but so far I can't think of what it could be.

Thanks for the opportunity to help out.
tfishell: I noticed that clicking on "Send multiplayer or launcher feedback" just loads a picture of the support icon.
Happened same to me when 1st time started game from download manager.Also multiplayer didn't work, was getting "failed to authorize(2)" error. And gog launcher also said offline in bottom left corner.
When closed it and started it again it asked for login info, did some patching and both support button and ingame MP seems to work.

PS: AvP_Classic.exe*32 process eating all available CPU when alt-tabbed in desktop, though this is more game problem than launcher.
- Game installed with no issues
- Logged in successfully
- Launcher updated the game with no issues
- Found several online games
- Could only connect to some games; others would try for a bit then error out.
- Game is fast (I've never played this game, so not sure if this is intentional or not)
- After about 1 or 2 minutes of playtime, I get disconnected. So far this has happened to all my online games.

I made sure that both the AvP executable and the GOG Galaxy executable were set to allowed applications on my firewall.

Will keep testing it as time permits.

Thanks!
Launcher works perfectly fine. However, I really don't see why one would be necessary in ALL games. I think it would only be necessary if a game will be due constant updates (like most recent games). But it works fine. :-)

Actually, is this "GoG Launcher" for AVP 2000 the actual GoG Galaxy software or am I missing something here?
Post edited October 20, 2014 by EasyGamer
EasyGamer: Actually, is this "GoG Launcher" for AVP 2000 the actual GoG Galaxy software or am I missing something here?
Launcher is just a temporary solution. It will be replaced by the Galaxy Client, that will manage all you GOG games from one place.

danatblair: For some reason my email and password are not working.
What error are you getting exactly?

Can you login on www.gog.com now? (as this is exactly the same login screen as in the launcher)
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Venom
I had a weird situation.

I launched AvP via the launcher, and in the middle of the short clips at the beginning suddenly the screen went black and the only thing I could do was to alt+tab. Then I saw the launcher showing that the update is complete and when I got back to the game everything worked.

About the multiplayer itself:
Sometimes I cannot find hosts at all and it shows me that no game is available, and sometimes couple of seconds after that message it shows me several hosts. I manage to log and play for sometime then got disconnected.

I will try in a different day to see if it was one-time case.

Specs:
Win 8.1
i5-4670k
gtx 780
8gb ram
A couple minor complaints:
1) The Galaxy Client installs to my C: drive, which is not where I want it to reside. There was no option to change that during the installation, only the install location of the game itself

2) Multiplayer defaults to my GoG user name, no option for my online persona to have a different name
When I start the launcher without logging in, there doesn't seem to be a way to log in afterwards. I have to restart the launcher.

Also, can I log out from Galaxy, for example to log in to another account? More than one person may use a computer.
Just as long as GOG Galaxy is 100% optional for all games, I think I'll like this
Also when it's released, I would add a log out option.
Launcher worked perfectly for me, updated client and AvP without error. Multiplayer populated almost instantly, was able to connect to everyone I tried connecting to. Smooth gameplay, no lag on my end.

Win 8.1 x64
Nvidia
X-Fi
Onboard Killer NIC e2200
Canada West

Only suggestion would be that GalaxyService.exe terminates upon closing client. I noticed it was set to manual for startup, which is excellent, but stayed resident when the client closed.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Mobeeuz
I'm starting GalaxyClient.exe and absolutely nothing is happening. It's not starting up or anything. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.
Xian97: 1) The Galaxy Client installs to my C: drive, which is not where I want it to reside. There was no option to change that during the installation, only the install location of the game itself
The install directory of the launcher can't be changed, but you'll be able to change it with the finished Galaxy client. *click*

Xian97: 2) Multiplayer defaults to my GoG user name, no option for my online persona to have a different name
This on the other hand, seems to be intended :/ *click*