It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS in game have dropped a lot from 60fps to 20-30fps since 1.10 patch. I use the same graphic configuration and FRAPS. I did a verify/repair but it didn't work.

Has anyone had problems whit this? Do you know how to solve this?

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

Deleting d3d11.dll fixed the performance issue

Go to C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64
Delete d3d11.dll

If this doesn't fix your problem try to:
- Delete user.settings in C:\Users\Alejandro\Documents\The Witcher 3
- Restart the game

Remember that some mods can give you problems so unistall them till they get updated to 1.10patch
Post edited October 11, 2015 by AlexGutMed
Major patches reset your configuration files, so if you had the game optimised, you will have to do it again.
Hickory: Major patches reset your configuration files, so if you had the game optimised, you will have to do it again.
No, this doesn't work. I have the same graphic configuration as I said, I reinstalled the patch again and I still have the FPS drop.

Specs:
- GTX 970
- i5-4670k
- 8 Gb RAM

Graphics: High- Ultra, Nvidia hairworks off
Hickory: Major patches reset your configuration files, so if you had the game optimised, you will have to do it again.
I try low graphic configuration and I can reach 35 fps
I try ultra graphic configuration and I can reach 25 fps
I have a similar configuration but haven't had any issues like that:

GTX 760 4GB
i5 4690K
16GB DDR3
Windows 10

I get 45-50fps most of the time, which was about the same as before. Do you have any mods installed? It won't even launch with mine installed, I had to remove them. It's possible it's loading your mods, but doing so improperly?

Also, if you have integrated graphics is there a way to make sure it's not running on that?
AlexGutMed: I try low graphic configuration and I can reach 35 fps
I wasn't talking about in-game configuration, I meant optimized in user.settings. Take a look at some of the advice here.
I uninstalled the game, did a clean install, without any mod, followed the tweaks and fixes for PC and still bad performance in old save games and in new game.
Are you by chance running the current nVidia drivers? The 358.50 seemed to give me a performance drop on 1.08.4 in W3 and the other games I play. I would recommend trying an earlier video card driver to see if you can reproduce the issue.
Kr0nyk: Are you by chance running the current nVidia drivers? The 358.50 seemed to give me a performance drop on 1.08.4 in W3 and the other games I play. I would recommend trying an earlier video card driver to see if you can reproduce the issue.
I'll try, but with the last Nvidia driver 358.50 I was getting a good performance in patch 1.08.4

EDIT: I rollback to Nvidia driver 355.98 but it didn't work. Must be a problem of the new patch with GTX 970
Post edited October 10, 2015 by AlexGutMed
I have an MSI GTX970 and use the 355.82 drivers. I do not seem to have any performance drop. I have locked my framerate to 60 fps though. Every frame drop above 60fps is not noticeable to me...
How do you get the game to run at consistent 60 on a 970? I have two and still have troubles getting it to lock there generally i have frame rates between 45 - 60 fps thats with my 970s in SLI mode and obviously i have hairworks completely off.

Any settings you guys would recommend changing to get a better performance? Nothing i do seems to make any noticeable difference (from ultra to high)

Sorry not really the right thread but thought it was worth a go thanks in advance.
JClosed: I have an MSI GTX970 and use the 355.82 drivers. I do not seem to have any performance drop. I have locked my framerate to 60 fps though. Every frame drop above 60fps is not noticeable to me...
I'd tried to run the game with 355.82 driver but it didn't work :(
manic221: How do you get the game to run at consistent 60 on a 970? I have two and still have troubles getting it to lock there generally i have frame rates between 45 - 60 fps thats with my 970s in SLI mode and obviously i have hairworks completely off.

Any settings you guys would recommend changing to get a better performance? Nothing i do seems to make any noticeable difference (from ultra to high)

Sorry not really the right thread but thought it was worth a go thanks in advance.
Hi manic221,

I recomend you to read this post to improve your performance http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36088-A-compendium-of-tweaks-and-fixes-for-the-PC-version?p=1658887#post1658887
Post edited October 10, 2015 by AlexGutMed
I don't have FPS problems, to me they improved but the game crashes :-\
StorkV88: I don't have FPS problems, to me they improved but the game crashes :-\
I don't know too much about crashes but I've found a thread about it, it may help you
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/58874-Game-crashes-shortly-after-launch-with-patch-1-10?p=1932368#post1932368

It's something related to dll files
i have the same problem, novigrad central area is a complete mess now :( same setup but i have 16gb of ram.