It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ok it workded... But I've to improve the settings : indeed in 1024*768 with all options is a bit slow on my PIII@1,4ghz...

Thank you very much for you work Zenger !
EDIT:
Disregard this post.
Post edited April 24, 2011 by dandi8
I am a bit confused about the latest version, is it V4 or V3, because I cannot find link to V4.
Possible to run or change game into german languge? I have all the voice.paks from original Outcast DVD.
All works fine now got the language changer and V3 patch from Zenger.

http://ulukai.ul.funpic.de/Screens/Outcast-1.jpg
Post edited June 05, 2011 by UlliUlukai
My game runs on 20fps with this patch, with some slowdowns, anyone have a solution for better performance?

And thank a lot _Zenger_ it's a great patch for a great game xD
winderson: My game runs on 20fps with this patch, with some slowdowns, anyone have a solution for better performance?

And thank a lot _Zenger_ it's a great patch for a great game xD
With the few tests I did on Windows 7 I noticed that lower resolution is the only way sadly enough. At 1280x768 I would get betwen 20-30FPS but I prefered to play at 800x600 because then I had between 60-80FPS and since I'm not able to get native resolution working performance is more important. You could always fool around with extra settings via ATIs CCC or Nvidias Control Panel along side with the game's game effects.
Post edited June 13, 2011 by Annai
"UNEXPECTED ERROR WHILE CREATING FILE: "LOADER.EXE"
MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION OVER THIS FILE"

I've been getting frustrated, screwing around with permissions for an hour or so; even installing an Add_Take_Ownership.reg file and using the right-click context it adds for me. When it also failed, I rebooted to see if it hadn't actually taken effect. Now that I know it did and I'm still getting the error, it's over to you for the solution.

TIA

Win 7 Ultimate x64
Post edited June 19, 2011 by d3v14n7
Grate job. Thank you for creating this patch. I will be able to discover this game once more.
I'm getting the same error, tried everything I could think of. Anyone got a solution for this?

d3v14n7: "UNEXPECTED ERROR WHILE CREATING FILE: "LOADER.EXE"
MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION OVER THIS FILE"

I've been getting frustrated, screwing around with permissions for an hour or so; even installing an Add_Take_Ownership.reg file and using the right-click context it adds for me. When it also failed, I rebooted to see if it hadn't actually taken effect. Now that I know it did and I'm still getting the error, it's over to you for the solution.

TIA

Win 7 Ultimate x64
Downloading now, I'll try it later on Core i3-2120.
Thanks for this patch. The game looks a bit better. Anyone know how to disable the intro movie? I clicked "disable video" in the options but it still plays.
***FOR ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING THIS PATCH TO WORK***
In the other thread, on not being able to click to select any options on the loader, I found the answer...
Like me, you most likely have your taskbar at the top edge of your desktop and screen. Moving it temporarily to the bottom edge not only resolves not being able to click on, and select, options within the loader window, it allows the hi-res patch to work, and you wil see "hi-res" noted in the options once you have access to these.
The result is sweet. Sure, being on a 1680*1050 resolution laptop screen, I still have black at the edges (unless I want to choose a different nVIDIA scaling setting) but now I have a playable resolution.
I'm looking forward to finally getting into this awesome game that I have toyed with in the past but not seriously played - only 10+ years too late! ;-)
Thanks to whomever realised the menu solution, for me to be able to try in order to verify it also as a hi-res patch solution too.
Post edited July 21, 2011 by d3v14n7
The patch works great, really, except for one thing: Well I play the game, the screen tends to turn black for like a millisecond repeatedly, and it's kind of annoying. Anyone knows how to fix this?
Decided to buy the Outcast from GOG recently, as I've got many fond memories of the original version I played long time ago.
Been using the 640x480 fullscreen patch and music fix and Just wanted to pop in and thank _Zenger_ for all the hard work on these mods. I can once again enjoy this masterpiece.

Thank you again! May the Yods be silent, _Zenger_.