It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've played the entire game on Vista 64 without any crash on 1024x768 (or 1280x1024, not sure). I had a few graphical glitches but I cannot say if they were on the original version or not.

So, I vote for the sticky... and of course a great thanks to Zenger.
Works fine for me. Haven't gotten to the lighthouse yet, so can't comment on that.
well yes, the patch is amazing. But i want to suggest to zenger to do the final work over it to show again the transition loading screens. Just the last thing to get the full amazing patch.

dont you think ?
I'm using this patch and Zenger's first music patch (second one doesn't work for me), on XP SP3 at 1280x1024.

I've just finished the game and I must say it crashed 3 times just at the loading screen with the ulukai logo usually becoming red, when it crashed the logo remained blank and I had no other choice than resetting the PC, annoying but quite rare as opposed to the large number of times I've launched the game successfully.
I've also experienced a couple crashes in-game but then I just had to kill the process.
Maybe these bugs are not related to the resolution patch though, I don't know.
Anyway, the experience is so much better when patched that it's worth the very few crashes in my opinion.
GL HF !
question about this mod, what version do i need. to use it /install it??

i tried off the CD(s) install
and the mod tells me "Error The Games Files Arnt The Ones Expected The Patch Won't Work For This Version Of The Game and Can't Continue".

and the same again after the offical patch 1 & 2 & 3 .

i cant find any more offical patches?

so why cant i use it??
thanx
Post edited April 06, 2011 by Sn00pster
This is a patch for the GoG version. It's only 5.99$, come on. And the patch is great and free, what more do you want ?

Zenger used a lot of its free time to make this wonderful patch but it is understandable that he didn't want to test it on all versions of Outcast. He spent 5.99$ on his GoG version and made a great patch. Just buy the GoG version, install the patch, enjoy the game and thank him for his great work.
Post edited April 06, 2011 by sebarnolds
sebarnolds: This is a patch for the GoG version. It's only 5.99$, come on. And the patch is great and free, what more do you want ?
I don't know if you can get the patch working on a non-GOG version of the game, but I just wanted to add that another big advantage to running the GOG version instead of an original CD version is that GOG fixed the CPU speed problems. If you run your original CD version you will have to throttle your computer's processor or you will have strange issues like not being able to move while riding a Twon-ha and other stuff.

It's possible to get working (I ran an original CD version about a year ago) but it's a hassle, and GOG fixed all that for you. Plus, the high-res patch will definitely work. Might make GOG's version worth a purchase even if you already have a CD version.
I was wondering if it's worth waiting for further updates to this one as I haven't played the game yet. I was thinking of playing it to the summer.
Nirth_90: I was wondering if it's worth waiting for further updates to this one as I haven't played the game yet. I was thinking of playing it to the summer.
I don't think Zenger is planning on updating the patch. But if you were going to wait to play the game anyway, you may as well hold off on downloading the patch just in case a new version is released. Worst case, you use the current version of the patch when you play the game this summer.
Nirth_90: I was wondering if it's worth waiting for further updates to this one as I haven't played the game yet. I was thinking of playing it to the summer.
He's basically sworn off updates due to the amount of effort it took to get this far.
sebarnolds: This is a patch for the GoG version. It's only 5.99$, come on. And the patch is great and free, what more do you want ?

Zenger used a lot of its free time to make this wonderful patch but it is understandable that he didn't want to test it on all versions of Outcast. He spent 5.99$ on his GoG version and made a great patch. Just buy the GoG version, install the patch, enjoy the game and thank him for his great work.
Hello,
I'm from France and I've got an original version of Outcast. My retro pc is based on 1,4ghz PIII on Win98SE with no internet.
So even if the game is only 5.99$ I can't buy the game, even if I could use, I'll loose the translation and don't enjoy the game.
But in another hand I understand Zenger, I'm just sad that is not an universal and defenitive patch for this 11 years old good game !
Hi Zenger thanks! I am trying to overwrite "loader"but i dont know what that means? Must I edit something out in the script of loader or?

Narm_fr: Hello,
I'm from France and I've got an original version of Outcast. My retro pc is based on 1,4ghz PIII on Win98SE with no internet.
So even if the game is only 5.99$ I can't buy the game, even if I could use, I'll loose the translation and don't enjoy the game.
But in another hand I understand Zenger, I'm just sad that is not an universal and defenitive patch for this 11 years old good game !
This is actually one of the games on GoG that can be easily put in French (it involves copying several files, quite easy).

As for the internet, as you are able to connect to the forums it should not be too difficult to buy the game, download it (it is not that big) and put it on a usb flash drive to copy it on your retro pc.
sebarnolds: This is actually one of the games on GoG that can be easily put in French (it involves copying several files, quite easy).

As for the internet, as you are able to connect to the forums it should not be too difficult to buy the game, download it (it is not that big) and put it on a usb flash drive to copy it on your retro pc.
Unfortunally the gog installer doesn't work on Win98SE :(
I'll try to install the game on a moderne PC and then copy and past the files on my retro's one...