It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Edit: This is solved for me at least. I got crashes when trying to run the game through the shortcut, and then tried the exe directly. It turns out the shortcut is required, and the 64-bit exe intentionally crashes when run without it. So, I launched the game again with the shortcut to show them it still crashes for me, and now, like magic, it's running fine now. I am perplexed as to why I got crashes initially but they seem gone now.
Post edited November 23, 2023 by emf2718
I got the black screen also after using the update file. I DL'd the game and all the DLC's again. When I booted the game I got the black screen. Then, it welcomed me to the new version. It said if you changed any of the action keys, you will need to reset them. There is also something about a new dodge feature. There are no healing for energy potions. Those in my sack are gone and the sellers do not offer any. Sorta makes the game unplayable.
Zandolf: I got the black screen also after using the update file. I DL'd the game and all the DLC's again. When I booted the game I got the black screen. Then, it welcomed me to the new version. It said if you changed any of the action keys, you will need to reset them. There is also something about a new dodge feature. There are no healing for energy potions. Those in my sack are gone and the sellers do not offer any. Sorta makes the game unplayable.
It really doesn't. The potions are still available to use, they just don't clutter up your inventory bags any more.

"A new base Evade skill has been added, bound to Spacebar by default. Evade interrupts any other action to immediately dash in the desired direction and offers a brief invulnerability window (iframes). Pause now defaults to P and the Party window to K. Existing players will need to set a keybind or reset their keybinds in order to take advantage of this. Keybinds have been reset for Xbox players to accomodate this addition.

Health and Energy Potions have been removed from the game. The character now has potion skills baseline and does not need to keep them in their inventory. Dedicated potion buttons have been added to the Quickbar."

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-v1-2-0-0-v1-2-0-1-v1-2-0-2-hotfixes/132117
Zandolf: I got the black screen also after using the update file. I DL'd the game and all the DLC's again. When I booted the game I got the black screen. Then, it welcomed me to the new version. It said if you changed any of the action keys, you will need to reset them. There is also something about a new dodge feature. There are no healing for energy potions. Those in my sack are gone and the sellers do not offer any. Sorta makes the game unplayable.
MedeaFleecestealer: It really doesn't. The potions are still available to use, they just don't clutter up your inventory bags any more.

"A new base Evade skill has been added, bound to Spacebar by default. Evade interrupts any other action to immediately dash in the desired direction and offers a brief invulnerability window (iframes). Pause now defaults to P and the Party window to K. Existing players will need to set a keybind or reset their keybinds in order to take advantage of this. Keybinds have been reset for Xbox players to accomodate this addition.

Health and Energy Potions have been removed from the game. The character now has potion skills baseline and does not need to keep them in their inventory. Dedicated potion buttons have been added to the Quickbar."

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-v1-2-0-0-v1-2-0-1-v1-2-0-2-hotfixes/132117
Thank you.. I see how that works now. Not comfortable with it. Healing potions from thin air? I don't get it.
I'm getting a black screen but launching from the shortcut makes no difference.

Also tried: Turning off UPNP, new profile (in the my 'games' folder), completely re-installing the game, setting Windows 8 compatibility mode, using dgvoodoo, disabling deferred rendering, disabling and enabling network access.

On Windows 11, fairly fresh install.

Edit:

Well small change; must be a crate problem in the end.... hate having to email them but it's likely a programming screw up.

Turns out when I install with the installer I downloaded like a month ago titled '1.1.9.8 (65199)' for version GD works, no problems.

When I install the next patch '1.1.9.8 (65199) to 1.2.0.0 (69039)' GD stops working & continues to not work for all following patches.

The '1.1.9.8 (65199) to 1.2.0.0 (69039)' patch installer is good too... GOG signs all the exes & since it's a single exe even 1 bit wrong would cause the signature to fail.
Post edited December 04, 2023 by JunglePredator
was having major issues w/ offline installers w/ 1.2.0.3. Installed through galaxy and had 0 issues.

A little annoying since I am running through WINE and galaxy acts really weird in it but I'll take it.