It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

California dreamin'

1849 a city management sim set during the California Gold Rush that captivated millions to seek fame and wealth, is available on GOG.com for $12.74 (15% off the full price) until 9:59 AM GMT on 15 May 2014.

1849 is a memorable year in American history. It put a little town known as San Francisco on the map and transformed it into a boomtown. Thousands of gold seekers from all over the world, colloquially known as forty-niners, came to the territory of California looking to stake their own claim. It's because of this mad rush for gold that California has become known as a place where wealth can be found by sheer luck and audacity.

1849 follows the California Gold Rush as you start with a humble settlement and work to make it a booming, bustling center of trade. Hire workers, build a wide variety of buildings--ranging from saloons to humble workers' houses--and even manage trade networks.

Head west and strike it rich with 1849 for $12.74 (15% off the full price) before 9:59 AM GMT on 15 May 2014. 100% DRM-free ga-ron-teed, pardner.
3 releases this morning! this one looks interesting
low rated
Meh... ?
This one looks quite interesting. Is there any demo available?
Looks good, wishlisted.
Cool, another city management...
And still, where the hell is Empire: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, I've been wanting to play that game ever since I've first heard of it.
Looks like a mobile game
Yeah it was made for tablets and pc thats why it looks like an android game. Wishlisting for now.
Post edited May 08, 2014 by Matruchus
If it hadn't been for the PWYW sale on IGS a week or so ago I never would've heard of this title before.
Hmmmm
Smannesman: If it hadn't been for the PWYW sale on IGS a week or so ago I never would've heard of this title before.
So thats where i remember seeing this....
Matruchus: Yeah it was made for tablets and pc thats why it looks like an android game.
Thats why some will like it. many will not.....:/
Post edited May 08, 2014 by Niggles
Smannesman: If it hadn't been for the PWYW sale on IGS a week or so ago I never would've heard of this title before.
A month actually (09.04.2014) but oh well, I also have a problem with the concept of time ;)

Shame on me that I haven't even installed the game. I will try to check it out in the evening and I'll give you guys and gals my first impression.
Saw a video about it on tom.io channel, looked good, like a very fast version of Zeus and Pharaoh.
Zoidberg: Meh... ?
^^ This! :D
Looks interesting, someone knows if is more similar to Sim City or Zeus/Pharaoh? Or like the Anno series?
gandalf.nho: Looks interesting, someone knows if is more similar to Sim City or Zeus/Pharaoh? Or like the Anno series?
Our testers said that it's more in the vein of the Zeus/Pharaoh city builders, if that helps :)