It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Shadows of the Empire! No?
Star Trek?

Star Trek!

Star Trek...
rgnrk: I find it a pretty interesting concept for a puzzle platformer. Dunno where the hate comes from, honestly. A concept isn't everything and you still need good pacing a variety, though.

So I'll love to read more about all that embodyment. It is possible to not enjoy some game without it being the worst game ever.
xxxIndyxxx: It's just my opinion and I have no issues with people who do seem to enjoy these games but since you ask:

It seems very annoying to play, like a lot of indie games. The concept is okay but watching that video shows me that blob will not do exactly what I want it to do. I like all kinds of games (good or bad) but it comes all down to mechanics. Your base mechanic needs to be spot on or it gets annoying really fast. A shooter that has terrible shooting mechanics, a platformer with terrible jumping mechanics, a physics based puzzle game with wonky physics... If I fail, I like to be the reason why and not the game mechanics. Unfortunately in many indie games I played it's because of poorly developed game mechanics. That leads to a lot of frustration with me so I tend to not like them. To be clear: it's not about difficulty.
Execution is crutial to every game, and I agree about your take on the mechanics. I just don't see it here. I won't know if it works or not until I play. This looks like a puzzle platformer with a skill mechanic added to it; the slicing. And because you don't know where the growth of the mushroom starts, you need to adapt to it on the fly. Is it annoying? It might. Or it might be fun. You don't know how the enemies react in a FPS and that's part of the fun.
If the mouse is to slow or unresponsive for the game's needs, then that would be a terrible slicing mechanic in my book. But that remains to be seen.
So until further analysis, I like the concept and I like the graphics enough.

(Indidentally, Sublevel Zero is an indie I'm really not interested in, and will only get in a deep sale for collection purposes. Just because I'm not into that kind of gameplay. So, different likings and all that jazz)
Impaler26: I hope that's not the only release for today.
catpower1980: Not really my tastes (both for gameplay and graphics) but what annoys me is that it really looks like a mobile port by seeing the preview video (posted by Niggles). I like mobile games but getting them on PC "unported" with such "heavy" controls (I can almost imagine my finger on the screen in place of the mouse) makes me question what's the point of a PC version (for example "Rebuild 3" was well more suited for PC than mobile IMO)
Looks OK enough but if it's the only release today it means no classics miraculously brought back from the void all week, and that's what I'm REALLY here for...
What's the name of that game about nanomachines that amok used to pimp?
Starmaker: What's the name of that game about nanomachines that amok used to pimp?
Uh, maybe Grey Goo?
(crappiest name ever for a non-silly RTS)
Post edited October 15, 2015 by phaolo
The-Business: Release today: Mushroom 11 by Untame
I love indie games, and I love puzzle platformers, but when even *I* am left thinking, "FFS, yet another puzzle-platformer!?" that's saying something.

...and from the video, it looks like the gameplay is extremely similar to Puddle or Vessel.
I think there won't be new release today, thursday's slot was eaten by Age of Decadence on wednesday.

(Please please please prove me wrong with some Bethesda openworld!)
I hope we get "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines" in the next couiple of weeks. :D
rampancy: I love indie games, and I love puzzle platformers, but when even *I* am left thinking, "FFS, yet another puzzle-platformer!?" that's saying something.

...and from the video, it looks like the gameplay is extremely similar to Puddle or Vessel.
It's kind of a funny perception. I'll like to actually see proper statistics, because things are not always tagged correctly and such, but on a kick search through GOG (using magog) there are...

87 platformer
94 puzzle
16 puzzle + platformer
290 strategy
106 strategy + real-time
75 strategy + turn-based
53 shooter + fpp
217 role-playing
9 role-playing + real-time
50 role-playing + turn-based
11 role-playing + fpp
2 role-playing + tpp
134 point-and-click
17 fpp + puzzle (myst, etc)

So, genre tags are not really always assigned (role-playing is a good sample of that)...
I wish it would be a rts or some transport simulation. Haven't seen those in months. Eitherway any release at all is good.
Matruchus: or some transport simulation. Haven't seen those in months.
mmm, I think the release of Cities In Motion wasn't a long time ago (if you didn't play the heck out of it long before it came on GOG of course). Did you also spent dozens of hours on Train Fever? Anyway, transport simulations is so niche that there is barely one per year (if not less, duh....)
Matruchus: or some transport simulation. Haven't seen those in months.
catpower1980: mmm, I think the release of Cities In Motion
Personally think this was a odd choice of release by GOG. If that wasn't niche then nothing is....
rampancy: I love indie games, and I love puzzle platformers, but when even *I* am left thinking, "FFS, yet another puzzle-platformer!?" that's saying something.

rgnrk: It's kind of a funny perception. I'll like to actually see proper statistics, because things are not always tagged correctly and such, but on a kick search through GOG (using magog) there are...

87 platformer
94 puzzle
16 puzzle + platformer
290 strategy
106 strategy + real-time
75 strategy + turn-based
53 shooter + fpp
217 role-playing
9 role-playing + real-time
50 role-playing + turn-based
11 role-playing + fpp
2 role-playing + tpp
134 point-and-click
17 fpp + puzzle (myst, etc)

So, genre tags are not really always assigned (role-playing is a good sample of that)...
This makes it way to difficult for those of us who complain about too many adventures....:P
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Niggles

rgnrk: It's kind of a funny perception. I'll like to actually see proper statistics, because things are not always tagged correctly and such, but on a kick search through GOG (using magog) there are...
I hasten to add that I'm not necessarily thinking of GOG, but the market as a whole; arguably the puzzle platformer genre is a flooded market in the indie scene.

I'm not necessarily against "YAF puzzle platformer" coming to GOG; I suppose that if i were to narrow down my thoughts, it would be that at first glance, it's a puzzle platformer that looks like it feels or at least plays like And Yet It Moves, Puddle, Vessel, or Incredipede. I am open to being wowed by this supposedly revolutionary new game mechanic (gimmick?) that it employs, but for now, at a distance, this game doesn't come across as being very innovative or distinctive in my mind.

I am eager to see a TB "WTF is..." or a Jim Sterling "Squirty Play" video of this game, though.
Ok. 16:00 GMT +2 and NOTHING NEW.... So no sale or 6packs (like the Lucas Arts or Warner Bros releases back when).... So i guess it's a slow day for GOG...