It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CyberBobber: God of War 4, man Im actually pissed off I almost missed it. They made massive improvements from God of War 3.
kai2: Yeah, I never thought I needed more God of War in my life... then I played God of War (4). Brilliant game. Sure wish it had come to GOG.
One of the best games I have played, metacritic 94 is low, could be higher.
Resident Evil 2. The only game I played this year.
I'll have to add The Wild at Heart.
I'd have to say Greedfall, because I really enjoyed a couple things about it. The setting was good, I really liked the landscape on the island (the name escapes me atm, it's been a little while since I've played) and enjoyed exploring.

The charasters were likeable as well, it's hard to decide a favourite, just cause they were all written really well. Though I never really was fond of Aphra but that might be because of the order I did things and she was the last companion I got. Not going into any spoilers, I really like how certain characters in the story progressed and changed through it.. It's a good rpg and my fav from this year. I could just keep talkin about it lol but I'll leave it at that.
New release? Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous without a doubt.It's pretty much the perfect CRPG and the best since Baldur's Gate most likely. Note I'm about to start Callisto Protocol so who knows if that will change things. I doubt it.

Classic game I replayed? Probably Deus Ex Human Revolution. Love that game to bits.
Hello everyone!

I was astonished finding out that I did not play so many different video games in 2022.
Like others before me, it is nonetheless challenging to name just one favorite game. So, here is my recap:

First time playing during 2022 (independent of original or GOG.com release):
"Anodyne 2: Return to Dust"
"The Witness"
"Haven Park"
"Duskers"

Replay of already known/finished games:
"Rayman 2 The Great Escape" (+ a couple of 3D Jump & Runs on PS1)
"Lumo" & "Head Over Heels"
"Silent Hunter II"
"Silent Hunter III" (unfortunately not yet available on GOG.com)

Still want to play during the holidays:
"BROK The InvestiGator" (Thanks to Doc0075 for this year's Fight Club gift)
"One Hand Clapping - Sing Your Song" (I am very curious about the concept!)
"Carto" (but most likely early next year)
"Narita Boy" (but most likely early next year)

Kind regards,
foxgog
Mine would be:
XCOM 2 - Good old tactical fun. I enjoyed it so much that for some reason I ended up playing a full campaign of the first XCOM again right after. Good times.
Hedon: Bloodrite - Interesting story, great exploration, and good combat.
Atari 50 - No, seriously. ;)

Runners-ups:
Phoenotopia: Awakening
Factory Town
Prodeus
Tunic

Honorable Mention:
Symphony of War - Haven't played enough of it yet, but from the little I have I'm very much liking it.
That must be Total Warhammer 3, followed closely by Distant Worlds 2. I've both games did not feel so as plague ridden.... resource monsters during 1st release period, i would have played more.

In the action department, it is still Grim Dawn that shines, which might lose its place against a controller enabled release of Diablo 4 next year.
Honourable mentioning for Tomb Raider(2013) since actually 2022 is the year i discovered the fun of Tomb Raider, i believe i'm about 10 years late for true appreciation but hey, nothing beats clearing out baddies while hanging upside down, right?!

Another game worth mentioning is Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga a game that really managed to tickle the tactical part of the brain, though of course, its challenge is nothing near the incredible PZ experience that Fantasy General 2 brings, the overall combination of units, squads and their interchangeability in a dynamic setting does make for one hell of a game.

Kudos for

Ixion
Transport Fever 2
Fell Seal: Arbiters Mark
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Best Game Not Released in 2022 - Red Dead Redemption 2.
Best Game Released in 2022 - A Plague Tale: Requiem.
Elden Ring and God of War (not Ragnarok).

Great Games. I'll be playing Ragnarok next year after I finish GoW (2018).
Still No Man's Sky!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.
Best new game I've played: Divine Divinity

Absolutely amazing RPG.

Classless character progression system, a highly interactive & believable fantasy world with a vast amount of items, characters and puzzles to interact with, an interesting story with some good twists & surprises as well as great humor and easily one of the best music I've ever heard in ANY videogame.

If you really wanted to compare it to other RPGs, for me it was kind of a mix between a solo Ultima and Diablo, but this really does not do it justice. The action combat in this game feels like it has a purpose and is not just a gameplay filler/time-sink - it's mainly there to either progress the story or to enable and reward world exploration (since there is no enemy level scaling garbage, like in most modern games). The only exception to this is the ending bit of the game (the last 10% or so), where the story is put on the back-seat and they throw hordes of enemies at you, in a similar way to something like Diablo.

Sure, maybe the world interaction/simulation aspects are not as refined as some of the later Ultimas. Maybe the action real time combat is not as fluid and balanced as in Diablo. Maybe the story does not have the writing quality of something like Planescape: Torment. Sure, maybe the gameplay is not perfect and it has some issues, such as completely overpowered/broken skills (if you want a balanced experience, avoid weapons with the Frost enchantment and the Deadly Gift and Poison Weapon skills). But when all of this comes together, it creates a unique and magical immersive experience that will keep you hooked from start to finish.

I would personally rate the game a 9.5/10.
(The only thing that ruined my experience was the ending bit which was WAY too combat focused.)
Easily up there with some of my favorite RPGs.

I started as a Survivor (rogue-like character) focusing on Ranged weapons, but ended up playing as a mix between a Warrior & Mage by the end of the game (using a Sword & shield and summoning spells).
Took me little over 82 hours to beat.

I had no problems to get it to run and look fine under Windows 10 using dgvoodoo2 and some tweaking.
kai2: What was your favorite game played in 2022?
Quake.

What was your favorite game played in 2021?
Quake.

What was your favorite game played in 2020?
Quake.

What was your favorite game played in 2019?
Quake.

I think a pattern is starting to emerge.

Maybe you should have asked - What was your other favorite game played in 2022?

I don't know, I'd have to check.
Well, I have time to add Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered to the 2022 list. An impressive little labor of love, for which I had very low expectations. Only flaw is that replay is limited (there's half a dozen -long- missions in the game, and you can replay each of them to try and collect items you missed, which then get added to the office, but that's all), and I would have loved a game+ or infinite procedurally generated ghost hunts in the various game locations. But still, I don't think it's a game that will leave my HD any time soon.