It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: OK then, let's put the next one up. Should not be difficult for anyone that has watched the film.
What the...? I watched that film just two days ago. Weird.
The person of the second picture is Benicio del Toro?
gogamess: The person of the second picture is Benicio del Toro?
Man, he really let himself go...
bad_fur_day1: I didn't say my film appreciation only goes back to Dark City.
You simply belittled films before it:

bad_fur_day1: ...you guys have some terrible taste in films man...Black and white 40's films? Random 70's films with some dude?
bad_fur_day1: ...just because something is old doesn't mean it's better than Dark City.
bad_fur_day1: Didn't they just hold up photographs one after the other in 1940?
All of this would seem to show a lack of appreciation - mostly due to ignorance. Which your list demonstrates as it's almost universally hollywood genre films (tending towards the blockbuster variety) most of which can be seen on cable without having to dig or search much to find them. In other words your list appreciates what's most heavily advertised and placed right in front of you with little regard for anything else, art house, foreign films, documentaries, or even classic hollywood films etc. As I said before, feel free to post whatever you're into but also feel free to use others recommendations as a way to challenge yourself with something different - discovering a new favorite film isn't always as easy as an advertisement.

bad_fur_day1: Not liking The Rock or Bad Boys seems equally strange to me as I must to you.
There's nothing wrong with finding pure spectacle engaging when you're 15. It's a different story if you're 30 - you'd have some growing up to do.

bad_fur_day1: Black Swan, Bronson, American Psycho, The Presitge, Memento negate the opinion that only dull and unimaginative films are made lately.
Again you're speaking out of ignorance if this is suppose to rebut the article I posted (which you clearly didn't read) and was not specifically directed towards you but just general fodder for the thread. American Psycho & Memento are 15yrs old. Not only are these not recent examples - they were not financed by major Hollywood studios. The Prestige is equally old being nearly a decade since its release. Your most recent example, the 5yr old Black Swan is an independent film as well, that famously could not find financing despite the pedigree of Aronofsky behind it. (It is a film about ballet after all - little wonder studios didn't throw money at it.) Like many independent films it was later bought and distributed by Fox Searchlight. Similarly the other examples are also independents and where not financed by major Hollywood studios with the exception of The Prestige. So no what's ahead for film isn't great with the schedule the article covers and the lack of studio financing going into original works.

bad_fur_day1: Some of my favourite since you wanted to know;
I didn't and I don't.

bad_fur_day1: ...I can see where you guys are coming from I guess. Even though it's very hard for me to understand why you'd watch a 1940's film.
Expose yourself to something different and find out.
Post edited September 30, 2015 by xSinghx
HypersomniacLive: OK then, let's put the next one up. Should not be difficult for anyone that has watched the film.
InfraSuperman: What the...? I watched that film just two days ago. Weird.
Guess it!
Wow, that's a lot of quotes. You mind if I just skim that?
Post edited September 30, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: Wow, that's a lot of quotes. You mind if I just skim that?
Umm, it's maybe a total of 15 sentences. Is that really too much for you to read?
bad_fur_day1: Wow, that's a lot of quotes. You mind if I just skim that?
drealmer7: Umm, it's maybe a total of 15 sentences. Is that really too much for you to read?
Tell you the truth Drealmer my man, I don't really care what this guy has to say. :D
drealmer7: Umm, it's maybe a total of 15 sentences. Is that really too much for you to read?
bad_fur_day1: Tell you the truth Drealmer my man, I don't really care what this guy has to say. :D
Well he's making a lot of good points, even if a bit attackingly (sometimes you've got to attack to get through the thick-headed shield barrier of the close-minded.) Get your ego out of it and listen to what he has to say, you'll be better off for it. You have potential, don't cut yourself short!
I really didn't think this would be so difficult. Here are a couple more screenshots, and a hint - it's set in modern day South Africa, and based on a book of the same title.

InfraSuperman: What the...? I watched that film just two days ago. Weird.
Not willing to give it a shot?
Attachments:
film03.png (159 Kb)
film04.png (129 Kb)
HypersomniacLive: Not willing to give it a shot?
Alright, since no one else is trying:

It's the 2013 film Zulu, starring Forest Whitaker and Orlando Bloom.
InfraSuperman: Alright, since no one else is trying:

It is indeed. It's a good watch, I was pleasantly surprised.
HypersomniacLive: Not willing to give it a shot?

That's probably why I haven't seen it. The % of movies I've seen post-2000 is very low, and post 2010 is even lower.

drealmer7: That's probably why I haven't seen it. The % of movies I've seen post-2000 is very low, and post 2010 is even lower.
I've seen that movie maybe a year ago and I quite liked it, but I would have never recognized it from the pictures though.
Something about those pictures, I'm not quite sure whatm made me think it's definately older, like 70s or 80s. I'd never guess it's 2013.
Post edited October 01, 2015 by Breja