It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

idbeholdME:
I'll try it again when I cool off (in some months). For now, Two Worlds has taken its place in my gaming time.
Banished game. I like it so much because of all mechanics that are present in the game. One more time - Thank you - I want to say to the gamer who gave me such present - Banished game.
Splinter Cell

I like stealth games so I decided to finally give this one a shot. I'm enjoying it for the most part so far, though i do find myself having to restart a lot when I fail an encounter with some guards.

Pokemon White Version

I finished Platinum Version for the first time awhile back so now I'm playing White version for the first time and honestly I think I'm enjoying this one a bit more than Platinum. The quality of life upgrades to TMs are nice and the characters and cities are a bit more memorable than the ones in Platinum. I chose Tepig as my starter because it's the only one whose third evolution has a second type, which is very useful for making a more well-rounded team.
Thinking of replaying Dragon Quest 8, even though it's one of my less favorite Dragon Quest games.
with clenched teeth in Tainted Grail - Fall of Avalon

There is someone inhabiting some crypt, someone else wanted the unnamed problem of the crypt removed from their task list, I was willing enough to indulge myself in a little pass time while figuring out what the hell i am doin in this world. As it turns out, the person inhabiting the crypt is the problem for someone else. If i had been strong enough i could forcefully persuade the person to leave the crypt but alas i ain't build in a fearsome manner, at least, not, i mean, even nerds look cool yea, maybe even manage it without to much dark arts shit what always seems to be an answer in that respect " Mom i want to look cool, just go evil son, the girls will appreciate " anyways, how to remove someone, yes by killing them if you don't want to continue on any other given path for whatever reason. OF course this a battle that expects all and everything from you. As i said before, i ain't physical powerful, swinging a long sword, sure but only two times and them i'm to tired to even swoosh away with my winged dodge so there you have it, confined surroundings, multiple ops and a sucker who instantly recovers from any damage from the moment you lose sight on him! Like Dracula, but a bit different...
UBOAT, the best WWII submarine simulator.
Started Dragon Quest 8 PS2. (replay)

Played for a half hour, but still haven't left the first town, and the only battle I've fought is the one in the intro.
with an ominous sense in "Tainted Grail - Fall of Avalon"

In the end, the whole adventure going down in the crypt could be described as a good introduction to the current state of the game world. I learned quite a few things, some of which can be applicable in multiple fields, so there's that <<beats those 3 day courses some people are really fond of, either in attendance or organization. One of the oddest happenings must have been the 'obtained' permit to sleep in the barracks. This ended with me sleeping down in some basement... during some, scouting exercise i managed to find a little vide. A sack of hay as a pillow and my good intentions that kept me warm throughout the night. Another discovery might be the so far presumed devilish nature of the developer.... Just sayin

oh oh oh

You know what also hit me, once again i'm dressed up in the game looking as someone i defeated in combat.... This thought hit quite spectacular when going over the inventory, looking at the doll etc. Where is the sense for originality?? and, I do hope i find some other means of obtaining useful gear
Post edited August 08, 2024 by Zimerius
Currently Playing List on Steam:
-> Sifu.
-> Doom & Doom II (Kex Engine Remaster in 2024).
-> Quake IV
-> Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition.
-> Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.

Currently Playing List on GOG:
-> Fallout: London.
-> The Witcher 3.

Currently Playing List on PlayStation 4 console:
-> The Last of Us: Part II

LAST UPDATE = 09-12-2024.
Post edited September 13, 2024 by MysterD
I have finished the Crown of the Sunken King DS2 DLC for the first time :)

And I have finished all of the bosses as well, including the “Gank Squad”.

I have done my best to go through the place without any spoilers, which of course caused to me a lot of surprises, like moving into “one-way exit” rooms, which of course led to a lot of my demises. Again, I had more of wipes falling of the “cliff” or being gang banged by mobs which I have not seen before it was to late, than on actual boss-fights :D

The areas areas of the DLC were gorgeous, and I liked the puzzle mechanics incorporated in them. Despite them being fatal to me occasionally :D Aggro range of some mobs has been in upper range, but not as crazy than the revamped Gutter, so you could still outrun some mobs, if you messed up, which a did a lot :D

First boss was Elana. Not that hard fight with the help of summon/s, unless she summoned Velstadt, who hit pretty hard. I got few times in to the “crossfire”, which ended me pretty fast. I think it took me 4-5 tries to finally defeat her, while keeping Bernhart of Jugo alive for his questline.

Next one was Sinh. I knew, there is some dragon around, but was not sure, if the next fog gate will lead me to him. It did, thankfully I had two summons at hand again. And it required really a lot of running around to be able to hit him with my melee weapon. And when I hit him, I have noticed, that he is “corrosive” so my weapons and shield durability went down fast. Thankfully, I keep my extra Lightning weapon in the inventory, so I was able to switch mid-fight to new one. In the end, I was able to get him down to 2 or 3 percent, with not much issues. Unfortunately, then I have missed one dodge, and got hit by his Breath of Fire. Which I have survived, with 2 or 3 percent as well, but unfortunately, I acquired Toxic debuff as well, and I was to slow to pop the Poison Moss. The second try was similar, just that one of my summons got obliterated in first 30 seconds of fight, so I though, that I will be finished off soon as well. Thankfully, the second summon, was tanking much better than during my first try, which was tremendous help, and I was able to defeat him. But before that, I got stunned for a few seconds, as my screen froze up, and for a moment, I was afraid, that it can corrupt my save file :D Thankfully the game unfroze, and I got his soul.

The last boss was the Gank Squad. 3 NPCs, in a big room, with few spots to hide. Bit the first “treat” was the road to them. Few interconnected corridors, with no chance to get back, if you messed up. Again, I had no clue, what to await before the fog gate, so I have put my best gear on, and the I let out loud “WTF” as soon, as I’ve seen three health bars on the screen :O First attempt was not bad. I have noticed an archer right away, so I went fast for him, and was able to connect few backstabs with him. Unfortunately my two summons got obliterated with the other two guys, which of course led to my hasty demise again :D The next two tries was terrible, in one, I got instakilled with a backstab from Havel fan, in other I dropped into water, and was not able to find where the exit is :D As soon, as I found him, I started to run around a little bit, like a headless chicken, trying to find out, the AI behaviours. And I have found few interesting patterns, which I learned to exploit a little bit more in the next try. Then the 5th or 6th try I tried to connect all of the dots, which I have found while running around, and tried to “master” them. When doing them properly, it made the fight much easier, but I still had to watch out for every enemy move, to not get asskicked or backstabbed. First I have defeated the dual wielding rogue, then the tank, while trying to pull both of them out of sight of the archer, which worked most of the time. I have still collected few arrows from him, but everything was under the control :) The last one was the archer. And to my surprise, he was for me hardest to hit. I started with the backstab, but that was it :D Every other attempt, he either outroll me, or punished me for that, so I had to resort to slow hit, shield, run and roll tactic again. He was still able to punish me few times, for being to greedy, but not hard enough to deplete all of my HP.

So far this was the hardest encounter for me, and this is the only boss, which I can’t imagine to defeat with melee character without summons at my side. The design of the encounter is fun and interesting, but I am to lame to solo it, so I am really glad, that they implemented NPC summons in the singleplayer portion of the game as well. I am already afraid, how this encounter will play out in NG+, when their damage will go up… We’ll see.

For now, I am the owner of the new Crown and full Sanctum Knight set, which I am slowly upgrading to max :D
Yesterday, I have finally finished the Crown of the Iron King DLC. And it is a mixed bag for me. The majority of Brume Tower, is good and interesting design from my PoV. They made some areas filled with to much mobs, but, after few try and error attempts, they have become manageable. Only few Ashen Idols gave me some troubles. So after approx 5 and half hours after entering the DLC, I was able to defeat Fume Knight. All attempts have been made with two summons. This fight was pure DPS race. I had to make more damage to him before he wiped out my summons, and few of the attempts ended up with him with less than 5%. All in all I had 10 attempts IIRC, before being victorious. And even in that last attempt, he defeated both my summons, before I was able to land a finishing blow on him. So far so good only 15 wipes during this whole time.

But this was the last part of the DLC which I have enjoyed. I have used the Tower Key and unlocked the way to Iron Passage... I should not have done this... Fuck it... The worst ever area in all of From Soft games, I have ever played. Multilevel areas, which were not completely accessible, filled with enemies, which sniped your ass into the otherworld in few seconds, if you were to slow to get into hiding spot or stayed to long out of it, fighting the melee waves jumping at you... Fuck it once again... And in the last room, just before the fog gate as a bonus oversized like-a-truck hitting mob, which destroyed half of HP of your summons... If by any miracle, I have survived up until the boss room, I became so pissed of at the whole gauntlet, that I was losing my concentration and made mistake after a mistake, so the boss has kicked my ass... Rinse and Repeat... For 3 and half fucking hour... Until I was able to have enough concentration, to not mess up the boss fight... I hate you Myiazaki... 40 wipes in that session alone with hundred thousand plus souls lost, due getting gangbanged all the time...

This area has completely discouraged me from playing the game further. I had so bad mood after that session, that I wanted to uninstall the game... Well, on the next day, I have tried to log into the game again, to check the latest area, which I still needed to finish, but the mood was still very very low... To my "surprise" another gauntlet... Thankfully, this time not as ridiculous as the Iron Passage, but it definitely did not make my mood for DS2 better... Anyway, I have done few tries on Sir Alonne and tried to learn his moves, when to heal, and when to avoid his moves at all costs. Due to me being down in the mood, my reflexes have been lousy as well, so I was not able to outroll or block all of his attacks, whenever he aggroed on me, so all the time, the fight ended up few seconds, after he got buffed after piercing me with his Katana... So I have quit the Brume Tower, and went to completely clear my head to grind 100 Mad Warrior kills, new Human Effigies, which I have lost in high numbers during my Iron Passage ball torture, and enough souls to fully upgrade Grand Lance to +10 (as I have noticed, that my Lightning Heide Lance is doing not as much damage, as I would expected on the boss - later I have found out, that he has a pretty high resistance against all of magic)... Stopped at 91 Mad Warriors, and went to sleep, pissed as much as the day before. The only good part of the day was the interesting encounter with the 5 Prowler black phantoms, which have spawned on my way to the Bonfire before the Memory of the Old Iron King.

After this, I went on a scheduled business trip, so I had no time to be pissed on the game anymore, so when I got back 3 days later, I had like two hours window, in my schedule, so I decided to boot the game again, with much clearer head. First I have finished the Mad Warrior grind, to acquire the Bell Keepers set, and from the new souls, I have put 1 more point into ADP :P Then I went back for the memory, and cleared the area up until the fog gate. There I've noticed, that I have enough souls to fully upgrade the Engraved Bracers, which increase the chance of critical hits, so I feathered back to a blacksmith. Cleared it one more time, fully healed my two summons, and readied my newly upgraded physical Grand Lance +10. Even though I was hit few times by the boss, which almost wiped me out, this time, I was able to avoid his buffing attacks, so the fight was a little bit easier, and my summons have taken much less damage. This helped tremendously with the DPS race, and made the fight much more manageable. To my surprise, I was able to defeat Sir Alonne on my first try. Which was absolutely unexpected, because I still had 50 minutes of my free time window, and I did not have any plans to move in the game at that moment :D Then I have remembered, that I still have to extinguish 1 Ashen Idol, and to pick up 1 Item, which was not accessible, when I have entered the Brume Tower. And one Crystal Lizard, but I was to lazy to try and run to it again :D

The story, which almost turned into tragedy, has been finished. All three bosses down. This probably cost me few new gray hairs, but in the end, I was satisfied, that I have not given up on the game, although, I will probably never forget about that idiotic Iron Passge... Next stop, the last DLC, which I heard has some stupid design decisions as well. Hopefully not in the vein of Iron Passage. We'll See...
Unreal Gold.
Started Dragon Quest 9. Currently saved as a level 1 Guardian. (This class is special because you only have that class in the intro, and you lose it before I consider the game to really start; however, there is a place to save in the intro.)

Still have Dragon Quest 8 to finish; I just killed the boss with a scepter. My next task is to kill the boss with a scepter. (Different boss)
I have finished the last DS2 DLC yesterday. And I think I have enjoyed it most of the three packs. With the exception of some frozen mobs, which were impossible to backstab :P

Anyway. The level design of Frozen Eleum Loyce was as gorgeous as the Brume Tower. First I have went to the right not knowing, that the boss is on the left, so I have managed to avoid myself a big surprise, which I have found later on internet :P I was slowly clearing the area of the mobs, picked up the Eye of the Priestess, and then I have found one invader phantom, which has been transformed into barrel. To bad, that I have found him only after he made a backstab on me as soon as I have touched the nearby chest :D At that time, I have thought, that he somehow hidden on the staircase above, and I did not noticed him. So as soon, as I have run again to this place, I went for the staircase, and I have found out his camouflage, and I literally burst into laughter, as I've seen that some barrel is running after me. I have almost died due to that for the second time :D It turned into pretty lengthy fight afterwards, which I was lucky enough to survive :) After that, I was ready to explore the left side of the fortress behind the entrance, where the first boss was hiding. I summoned two phantoms, and started the fight. Compared to the fights in Old Iron King DLC, this was pretty easy, so I have lost my focus again, and closer to the end of the fight, I was asskicked while trying to put lance up his rear end :P The second try was much better executed, and prepared for his attacks, do I celebrated my first victory in this area.

Next was small talk with lady on a balcony, which has unfrozen for me the rest of the level, so I could go and try to find three missing Loyce Knights. This unlocked pretty big areas, which have been inaccessible before that. Of course, that meant few silly wipes again. The most precious one was, when I have decided to slide down the slope after big rolling snowball, which I have kicked down few seconds before :D Anyway, after few hours of slowly searching the rest of the fortress, I have found out all three knights, and unlocked all of the shortcuts. It was time to fight against Burnt Ivory King. I have again summoned two phantoms for help and went through the fog gate. The fight was interesting, and the charred mobs has been dropping few items during the fight, which I was promptly picking up. With all that help of 4 Loyce Knights and two summons, the fight was not difficult at all, but again, my impatience ruined nice attempt, as the King made a large swing which ended up my misery once again :D Again, being smarter after seeing most of his moves against me and the summons, I entered for the second attempt. This time, I was much more cautious, which rewarded me with another victory, so I have picked up last crown, and went for another talk with the lady. Unfortunately this time no drops from adds. Later I have found out, that I would need 50 Loyce Souls. I got 1 from the first attempt. So silly me, wet to Old Chaos all by himself. Somehow, I have managed to defeat two of the knights, but then another three spawned, and I started to run around like a headless chicken trying to use the exit light to not lose a hefty sum of souls again :D I've survived, but I had a laugh again, with what stupidity I have come up this time :D Before going to the next area, I have tried to grind for the Frozen Armour set from Rampart Golems, which were close to the last bonfire. Unfortunately, I am still missing bracers :(

Next in line was the frozen blizzardy area, which name I have forgotten already (Frozen Outskirts maybe?), which I have tried to avoid for as long as possible, as everyone I have ever listen to, has been bitching about, as the worst area ever created for any Soulslike game. To my surprise, it was a far far away from the torture, which I have expected. It was not the best design again, but from my experience, out of all "gauntlets" in the DS2 DLCs, this was the least shitty one. All I needed to do, was stop for few seconds whenever the blizzard was active, and move only during the short calm period. Thanks to this, I have found without ease almost all items on my first try, which I have messed up at the end, when I have pulled by mistake two stallions :D On the next try, I got the last item as well, and got to fog gate with no issues. As always, I have used phantoms again. This time it was possible to summon three of them. So I have used them all :D The fight was similar to the first bossfight in this DLC. Difference being second cat. The second cat joined the fight very very soon. Even with the raised resistances to bosses with three phantoms around, the fight was not that hard for me, mostly due to me already knowing all the cat moves. My DPS was pretty decent to overcome the buff on the second cat as well. Unfortunately, close to the end of the fight, I messed up again and facerolled into the snow. Second attempt was again victorious. I was little bit afraid of messing up again during the buffed phase, so I have approached that phase of the fight with maximum caution. Despite that, I was still able to do more damage to it, as she was able to heal up, although by a small margin. So it took a while. Then, to my surprise the buff was gone, me and all of the summons still standing, so I run fast, but cautiously towards her, and finished the fight. Two more souls in the inventory, and time to get back to the base game.

I will probably take one day of break, and then will decide, if I finish the main boss or go for the Darklurker first. I will be going to visit Ancient Dragon and Vendrick definitely in the post-game, before moving to NG+. All I have to do now, is to decide, if I will try to get some missing drops in the meanwhile, or leave it for NG+, when the droprate is a little bit higher than in NG.
Dragon Quest 9 gets *significantly* more fun once you get the ability to recruit companions. (Hint: Before you leave the second town to hunt the Wight Knight, go to the inn. Some players don't do this and end up playing the game solo, which I don't recommend on a first playthrough.)

I believe the game gets even more fun once you get the ability to change classes, though it's been many years since my previous playthrough.