It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Iain M. Banks (1996). Excession. Fifth novel of the Culture series.

Near halfway now. So good.
Data Analytics with Hadoop: An Introduction for Data Scientists
by Benjamin Bengfort
Carradice: Iain M. Banks (1996). Excession. Fifth novel of the Culture series.

I love the Culture series, I wish I could get them in spanish, I read the first 3, they are amazing.
El beso de la mujer araña by Manuel Puig.
Currently I read "A Man Rides Through" by Stephen R. Donaldson
Before that I read "33 Myths of the System" by Darren Allen.
Craig Alanson's Expeditionary Force... Skippy is hilarious! Audiobooks rule too :)
Post edited March 02, 2021 by anzial
Currently I'm readding "One Hundred Years of Solitude" from Gabriel García Márquez.
KetobaK: Currently I'm readding "One Hundred Years of Solitude" from Gabriel García Márquez.
That one is right there sitting on the Olympus of literature, for one hundred good reasons.

Now, if only that family used more than two or three names for their members... ;)
Dick Sands: A Captain at Fifteen
by Jules Verne
Carradice: Iain M. Banks (1996). Excession. Fifth novel of the Culture series.

seba_86: I love the Culture series, I wish I could get them in spanish, I read the first 3, they are amazing.
Actually the fourth book is really a collection of short stories. Some are powerful and really add to the corpus of the Culture (the story about the suit comes to mind, actually evolved suits appear in Excession). On the other hand, others are independent from the Culture, and are more ironic, darkly humorous, or even allegoric (Road of Skulls, to name one). There is a tale that is expressly a part of the Culture body of stories (but personally I decided to set it appart from the Culture background as more of an "occurrence" of the late Iain M. Banks). All in all, some stories are inconsequential, and some have a lot of poise.

Some of the ideas and the humor seemed to become a fraction of what Excession is. For example about empires and the love for Empire, forceful colonization of other peoples, the decadence of Britain, and so on.

A very fine book, Excession. A wonderful novel with many themes and flavours, and tones. You get to know more about the private life of both humans and Minds in the Culture as well. If you dare, go and try to read it in English, since indeed it seems that there is no Spanish version of all his books.
Big Black: Stand at Attica by Frank Smith, Jared Reinmuth and Améziane.
Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke.
Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel.
Divine Comedy, Dante Aligieri.
the deep range C. Clarke.