It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Still working on that Dean Koontz book.
Two books actually. One I'm working on since Halloween; The Wordsworth Collection of Irish Ghost Stories. The other is a book of collected works of Italian folktales. I'm a sucker for myths and legends. Occasionally I'll read a chapter out of Carl Sagan's "The Demon Haunted World"
Recently ordered a collection of Lovecraft stories called 'Haunter of the Dark' after one of the stories, already had some of them in other collections but it was still worth getting, nice volume. [url=]https://www.librarything.com/work/11866072[/url]
Fire Sea - Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
Steven Erikson - Reaper's Gale [Malazan Book of the Fallen 7]
(spanish edition)
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov.
personnaly I just started the old Spin, Axis and Vortex trilogy.
Got some days (weeks ?) to finsih it.
Ben-Hur
by Lew Wallace
Still reading Steven Erikson's Reaper's Gale (It's really long, just like all the books in the series) and started "La Dama muerta de Clown Town" (Instrumentality of Mankind) by Cordwainer Smith (Paul Linebarger)
Started reading The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien... kind of a classic light read/children's book I haven't delved into. Really enjoying it so far!

Also read the first few chapters of The Fortress of the Pearl by Michael Moorcock, but I'm gonna continue it another time, not really in the mood for dark fantasy. But I did get all of the Elric books this year, so I'm happy I can continue that series whenever I want and finish it as well.
ciemnogrodzianin: Ben-Hur
by Lew Wallace
Guess what? You can find Lew Wallace in Sam Peckimpah's Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. The 122 version at TCM is way better that the badly chopped original 106 minute version (which cut against Peckimpah's wishes).

Lew appears dignified and skilled in dealing with people. Sympathetic to the watcher, although it is suggested that he navigated a lot of grey. No doubt since he acted as governor of the territory, and later as a diplomat, after having a stellar performance as a military man. On top of that, he wrote. A very capable man, to be sure.

Read the book aeons ago. Entertaining, unforgettable... The very beginning, when you realize who are the ones whose meeting you are watching, still gets me goosebumps :) Probably the characters in the book will stay with you. Possibly.
Post edited January 29, 2021 by Carradice
Carradice: ...
Thanks, that's interesting :) I've never heard about the author, to be honest.
It's also kind of strange that I missed this book, as it's considered kind of classic. Thanks to no prior knowledge I've also enjoyed the first chapters very much. And the next ones are still great.
"Guards! Guards!"

Slowly going through the Discworld series in publication order, reading one occasionally.
seba_86: started "La Dama muerta de Clown Town" (Instrumentality of Mankind) by Cordwainer Smith (Paul Linebarger)
Might I ask, whether that is your first Cordwainer Smith or you have read other books from his Lords of Instrumentality series.

I hope you enjoy the book, for many, including myself, it tells wonderful stories like no other. If you like it, it pays off to read all the Instrumentality stories, it is not that many books (sadly).

Do you have the edition from the Nova collection or some other one (just curiosity)
I’ve read a book called "Little Women" by Louise May Alcott. The novel is about four sisters, their life, friendship, growing up. In short, for me it’s a one-time book. Of course, today the book will seem very boring for modern young girls. There is not even a storyline here. Description of their boring measured life, their worries, children's desires. Although it would be useful for them to read, because children's selfishness is still relevant today. This book is also suitable for a more adult female audience, there is something to think about child-rearing. The story is not modern at all, and the book is not very exciting, but I do not regret having read it. A recommendation only for lovers of women's classics.