It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The embedding by Ian Watson.
Loppuunkäsitelty by Anna-Leena Härkönen.
Fables comic series and Alicia en el Pais de las Maravillas - Alice in Wonderland in Spanish.
Pet Sematary by Stephen King
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides.
Dark Matter by Michelle Paver
Attachments:
dm.jpg (294 Kb)
At the Mountains of Madness by H. P. Lovecraft.
Votez Bérurier by San-Antonio, 1964.

Now that I'm slowly getting accustomed to the phrasing and vocabulary of the era, it starts to become a less enjoyable serie to follow as the plots are very thin and predictable, but they can be funny if you aren't easily offended by that era non-censored style of writing.
Post edited September 06, 2019 by Deadmarye
Baudolino by Umberto Eco (my favorite author... may he RIP)

and

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
Lajja: Shame by Taslima Nasrin.
His Master's Voice by Stanislaw Lem. Not as good as The Futurological Congress but interesting nonetheless (about half through). Very happy to have stumbled upon Lem as an author.
Post edited September 06, 2019 by Nirth
Circe by Madeline Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olJ2WcbUUBE

I love it, Buy it here.
In the house of Helios, god of the sun and mightiest of the Titans, a daughter is born. But Circe is a strange child—not powerful, like her father, nor viciously alluring like her mother. Turning to the world of mortals for companionship, she discovers that she does possess power—the power of witchcraft, which can transform rivals into monsters and menace the gods themselves.

Threatened, Zeus banishes her to a deserted island, where she hones her occult craft, tames wild beasts and crosses paths with many of the most famous figures in all of mythology, including the Minotaur, Daedalus and his doomed son Icarus, the murderous Medea, and, of course, wily Odysseus.

But there is danger, too, for a woman who stands alone, and Circe unwittingly draws the wrath of both men and gods, ultimately finding herself pitted against one of the most terrifying and vengeful of the Olympians. To protect what she loves most, Circe must summon all her strength and choose, once and for all, whether she belongs with the gods she is born from, or the mortals she has come to love.
Attachments:
circe.jpeg (120 Kb)
Post edited September 06, 2019 by RickyAndersen
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. I was prepared to hate this book, but I've ended up loving it. The reason I thought I'd loathe it was because I read Congo by the same author awhile back and was bored to tears, despite the movie being one of my all time favorites. In my opinion a rare thing happened there: the movie was actually better than the book(better characterization, plot, pacing). It's obvious to just about anybody who's seen the movie(Jurassic Park) that the book is a mix of Sci-Fi and Horror, but there are a hundred little details that make the book deeper and more satisfying. Plus, in the movie I was constantly annoyed by Lex, but in the book I've found her to be a character who started out as tiresome, but who's been developed into a relatable person. I haven't finished the book yet, so I'd appreciate it if no one gives away the ending(even though I've seen the movie and it might be similar).
Post edited September 06, 2019 by oldgamebuff42
San-Antonio met le paquet (1967)
&
Behind the scenes with the mediums (1912)
Attachments:
Post edited September 07, 2019 by Yann_Darko
Now reading Fire and Blood by George R. R. Martin