It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orvakbane: P.S. Anybody want Carmageddon 2? I'll try to figure out how to gift it through the sleep deprivation.
I would really appreciate it if you have it as a spare, thanks and +1 to you sir. :)
Dachenko11: I missed both Sam& Max and Sang-Froid while getting my credit card, I weep with sorrow. :(
kjeldo: Use PayPal it is much faster.
THIS DOES NOT CONSOLE ME! That's like telling a grieving widow, "You really should have taken the plane, not the express train, then you might have heard your husband's last words."
LynetteC: It IS 3 in the morning here! lol
FoxySage: Almost 4 am here.

Out of curiousity what are you guys doing while waiting for a new game to pop up?
refreshing here, making some (late) dinner, and listening to some VOLBEAT
Tarnicus: So my girlfriend's father wakes up and graciously gets me some milk for a much needed cup of tea, and I'm trying to be sociable, polite, courteous, etc all the while thinking *tik* *tok* *tik* *tok* the timer is counting down and I could be missing out on the one game I'm actually after!

So I dash upstairs to check, and see Sam & Max - Beyond Time and Space for a whopping 90% off and figure that even though I have a bunch of Sam & Max games, that it isn't my preferred genre so I'll grab it as a gift for someone and *BAM* GOG gifts it to ME! I guess I'm meant to have the game. And for those wondering, it was my er....*counts* 20th game from the Insomnia sale(10th non-gift).
So that has me wonder....can I win a free copy of a game I own? It doesn't appear that way.
Dachenko11: I missed Sam & Max while getting my credit card, I weep.
Found out a couple of months ago that I could use Automatic Bill Pay to put money into my PayPal account. I've been throwing about $5/week in there, waiting for a sale. I don't miss that small of an amount and it makes checking out so much faster here.
This is my nightmare!
LynetteC: Given the number of codes I've seen you give away tonight, Tarnicus, you've obviously had a lot of practice with this. :-)
Tarnicus: So my girlfriend's father wakes up and graciously gets me some milk for a much needed cup of tea, and I'm trying to be sociable, polite, courteous, etc all the while thinking *tik* *tok* *tik* *tok* the timer is counting down and I could be missing out on the one game I'm actually after!

So I dash upstairs to check, and see Sam & Max - Beyond Time and Space for a whopping 90% off and figure that even though I have a bunch of Sam & Max games, that it isn't my preferred genre so I'll grab it as a gift for someone and *BAM* GOG gifts it to ME! I guess I'm meant to have the game. And for those wondering, it was my er....*counts* 20th game from the Insomnia sale(10th non-gift).
So that has me wonder....can I win a free copy of a game I own? It doesn't appear that way.
Actually, I finally won a free game and it was a game I already owned. So it can happen.
Alan's Waking Nightmare

Maybe he has insomnia?
Post edited May 12, 2014 by ruddycanuck
It would be funny if they just decided to drop the price even further, or simply make it free just to speed things up. Which would nice, cause I missed Shadowrun earlier and remain hopeful of a having a second go at it!
So hey putting a game up for sale that like 80% of the GOG market literally can't run stalls things quite a bit eh.
high rated
SuperNinja1: Ok, thanks.

It was a pain in the ass having to go back and forth between windows to look at the games on my virtual bookshelf, to see if I bought them from GOG already.
You don't really need to, if you already have a game on GOG, then the check-out page would state that you must buy it as a gift - see attached pic.
Attachments:
ruddycanuck: Alan's Waking Nightmare
Alan Wake's Neverending GOG Nightmare
Since Alan is taking forever, if you only get one more game from the sale, what is the one you are waiting for?
Tarnicus: So that has me wonder....can I win a free copy of a game I own? It doesn't appear that way.
I do believe it's possible. Sachys got a free Duke3d, and I'm pretty sure even he had a copy of it from before ;)
orvakbane: You can. I got Carmageddon 2 that way. Bought one copy for the heck of it, won a second when it came around again (mis-clicked). Figures I'd win the cheap game I didn't care about. :P

P.S. Anybody want Carmageddon 2? I'll try to figure out how to gift it through the sleep deprivation.
Carmageddon 2 seems to have been a popular gift. I accidentally hit the Buy button on my tablet with my thumb and got it for free when I didn't even want it. I'm going to see if GOG will swap it for a gift code after the sale has finished as I haven't downloaded it. If they agree, I'll probably post it in the gifting thread.
ninjataco88: It would be funny if they just decided to drop the price even further, or simply make it free just to speed things up. Which would nice, cause I missed Shadowrun earlier and remain hopeful of a having a second go at it!
Well, it hasn't gone through round two yet, so you've got a lot better chance than having to wait for round three.