It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!

<span class="bold">Alan Wake</span>'s desperate search for his missing wife and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> quickly became two of our all time favorite horror stories. Now Alan needs to step away, perhaps curl up someplace nice with one of his hit books, until it's time for him to come back. Due to licensing issues with the game's music, on Monday 17:00 PM UTC the original Alan Wake will be removed from sale everywhere. American Nightmare is NOT affected by this in any way.
If you haven't tried his fascinating action/adventures yet, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up, because for the next 48 hours both games are 90% off!

So let us now point our flashlights skywards as an au revoir to our favorite author and hope that someday we'll meet again.

The 90% discount on both <span class="bold">Alan Wake</span> and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> lasts until May 15th, 17:00 PM UTC.
Alan Wake will not be available for purchase after that time but all owners of the game will still have access to it as normal.
It's always sad to see titles leave GOG. Thankfully, Alan Wake is being given a sale send off (though advanced notice would have been appreciated). Definitely picking up this title today :D
Djaron: and it also depends on how a game was still bugged and/or left abandoned by devs or rather polished enough between its release and current days (in case of alan wake, i replayed it as drm free a couple of years ago and had no particular problem afaic)
Are you refering to Humble, GOG, or DRM-free installers in general?

I know GOG releases patches, but wonder if HB's DRM-free installers get updated to new versions.
deleted
Just listened few tracks of soundtrack on youtube. And sounded surprisingly great. Though I wanted to buy game here, OST convinced me to change my plans and will buy HB version.

Sorry GoG :(
Rise-T: I know GOG releases patches, but wonder if HB's DRM-free installers get updated to new versions.
Yes they do, without any notification though.
I go through my library there about twice a year, sort by "recently updated" and update my backup batchwise.
The date of the latest update usually stands besides the individual files which is more than GOG does.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Djaron: though i'd like to temper your pros/con a bit by reminding you how awful the humble customer/tech support is.
but i'm not naive either, and i can expect gog support will go the exact same path soon, at least when it come to non galaxy users and offline installers...
Klumpen0815: The only contact I had with Humble support was when they sold a mobile bundle that was bound to their own client and I requested a refund after noticing, that I suddenly can't download the .apks as usual.
They refunded it and never pulled this stunt twice since the later mobile bundles didn't have that, so they actually listened to feedback.
well, you may need to check your library page on humble , because the mobile client is absolutly not requested
you can find and download every apk from your humble library account page, you even can filter the display of the library to only show android titles/games and their download link. Even after purchases, the "key-tied" download links for each separate order do have a little android button to display download links for apk files (after windows and linux buttons usually)

in fact, i bought several mobile bundles there and never used the humble app on my phones

Rise-T: I know GOG releases patches, but wonder if HB's DRM-free installers get updated to new versions.
Klumpen0815: Yes they do, without any notification though.
I go through my library there about twice a year, sort by date and update my backup batchwise.
The date of the latest update usually stands besides the individual files which is more than GOG does.
lack of notification, true... but your library account page shows you if a new version was released since your last download. So if/when you scan your library, you can spot them easily

i admit though that the whole HB account UI is not very convenient
Attachments:
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Djaron
Djaron: and it also depends on how a game was still bugged and/or left abandoned by devs or rather polished enough between its release and current days (in case of alan wake, i replayed it as drm free a couple of years ago and had no particular problem afaic)
Rise-T: Are you refering to Humble, GOG, or DRM-free installers in general?

I know GOG releases patches, but wonder if HB's DRM-free installers get updated to new versions.
On the handful of games I have here and on Humble the devs push the files to both GOG and Humble at the same time. Humble don't touch the DRM free stuff themselves they just post what they are given so they show up slightly faster as GOG actually do stuff with what they are given. If Humble get given a corrupt file thats what you get too. Given my interactions with Humble I'd imagine if you ask for a refund you'd get it they seem pretty good that way but if what you want is a DRM-free game then GOG is a safer bet unless you have complete faith in whoever is distributing the game. There have been games that have withdrawn the DRM-free offering after the fact from what I've read.

i was talking in general
i meant that some games are known to be in their "final state" after some years, because most issues were patched out and corrected, and the game doesnt require much more "polish" from devs... and some games are left abandonned in a poor beta-level state even after release because devs dont care and go on to another project as if their current crippled released game never existed at all

it depends on the devs and the kind of game, on an individual basis

if you are interested into a game, though, it's not difficult ti gather information about its status (is it actively supported/updated/patched/improved by devs or is it now stable after few years - and as such, any issue you could encounter would be rare or because of your own OS/hardware combo - or did the devs release a crippled buggy crap and then ran away with murder. usualy such things are quickly becoming common knowledge
Djaron: well, you may need to check your library page on humble , because the mobile client is absolutly not requested
you can find and download every apk from your humble library account page, you even can filter the display of the library to only show android titles/games and their download link. Even after purchases, the "key-tied" download links for each separate order do have a little android button to display download links for apk files (after windows and linux buttons usually)

in fact, i bought several mobile bundles there and never used the humble app on my phones
You obviously weren't around when they pulled this stunt.
I'm well aware that every android game before and after this bundle is available as apk in the library and have tons of those. Every game in this particular bundle though had a mention of the humble-app instead of those links though.
I'm not kidding and neither am I too dumb to find the usual .apks, thank you.
I have been shopping at HB even before I bought anything on GOG.

you also have the release date of the installer/patch displayed on your account library at HB, though no patchnote about change or such. but at least you know if the new version is from 1 month old or one year old :)
Djaron: well, you may need to check your library page on humble , because the mobile client is absolutly not requested

Klumpen0815: You obviously weren't around when they pulled this stunt.
I'm well aware that every android game before and after this bundle is available as apk in the library and have tons of those. Every game in this particular bundle though had a mention of the humble-app instead of those links though.
I'm not kidding and neither am I too dumb to find the usual .apks, thank you.
I have been shopping at HB even before I bought anything on GOG.
well i didnt assume you were dumb, rather that their user ui is a bit messy and confusing
and you are talking about one unique bundle that suffered from this and confirm that it didnt happen neither before this bundle or afterwards. I dont say i dont trust you, but i was speaking about the general situation, and you oppose it a unique occurence. Do you remember the name of the bundle please ? i'd like to check if i purchased it without noticing this issue myself thank you
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Djaron
Djaron: well i didnt assume you were dumb, rather that their user ui is a bit messy and confusing
and you are talking about one unique bundle that suffered from this and confirm that it didnt happen neither before this bundle or afterwards. I dont say i dont trust you, but i was speaking about the general situation, and you oppose it a unique occurence. Do you remember the name of the bundle please ? i'd like to check if i purchased it without noticing this issue myself thank you
Humble Mobile Bundle: BANDAI NAMCO
2016/01/19

There must have been quite a flood of refunds and a certain shitstorm since it was the last time they tried to push their stupid client by such means afaik.
Djaron: well i didnt assume you were dumb, rather that their user ui is a bit messy and confusing
Klumpen0815: Humble Mobile Bundle: BANDAI NAMCO
2016/01/19

There must have been quite a flood of refunds and a certain shitstorm since it was the last time they tried to push their stupid client by such means afaik.
aaah this one... i couldnt say why, but i hesitated long and finally not purchased it... some of the games mildly interested me but i have no trust at all in japanese publishers because of their anti-consumers tactics; and i could even bet that the mandatory use of the mobile app and no separate/offline apk download was at their request, if you ask me...

japanese devs/publishers are living in a 5-10 years-in the past bubble when it comes to common internet habits, common customers habits/needs and long ago, also regarding tech to use on a pc port too :)
the japanese publishers are very agressive and protective of their IP/franchise on mobile platforms as some recent issues could show us
Klumpen0815: So, let me get this straight.

For Alan Wake + American Nightmare

HumbleStore
Price: 3,69€
- DRM-free installers (without client)
- Steamkeys
- 10% go to charity
- collector edition extras (additional videos and soundtrack)
Rise-T: You factually get more extras than the ones contained in the Collector Edition. They don't mention it on their site, but I've tried it personally [edit: I'm refering to Humble).
I already have the game on GOG but the Collector's Edition extras seem nice (GOG only has the Alan Wake Files to offer). I also have American Nightmare on Steam, so I'm curious if I can get the extras on HB store when only buying the first game (https://www.humblebundle.com/store/alan-wake).
Messana: gog version or steam version?

Oh man....
Rise-T: In the case of Alan Wake, I'd suggest the Humble Store ("Alan Wake Franchise"). You'll get both the Steam keys AND the DRM-free versions for both games, PLUS a ton of extras (more than the ones you'd get by just buying the Steam OR the GOG version. In fact, you get all the extras from Steam & GOG combined except for 1 music video, I think).
Except for the soundtrack I am wondering which extras are not already included in the GOG version or the steam version?
In general yes. Unfortunately some devs don't really care. I can say this for sure for Crimsonland which I bought on humble and which was not updated again. Contacted the publisger (10tons Ltd) several times and all I got was that they are planning and that they should update it but it's not a priority. Even telling them that I won't buy again anything from them did not help. Game still is not updated haven't bought a game from this publisher ever again and don't plan to do so.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by MarkoH01
many thanks to GOG for the sale. I already own it on the 360, but couldn't pass this up for the long term play-ability outside of the console cycle.