It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has any blue commented on this?
Niggles: Has any blue commented on this?
Other than just to admit it, you mean?
tag+: ,,Innovate,, killing the offline installers... that would mandatory enforce galaxy
Lifthrasil: No, small steps. Killing the offline installers will be step 6 at the earliest. Step 5 will be to release a single-player game that has online DRM for all parts. You'll still be able to install it from offline installers (and GOG will claim that that makes it DRM-free), but to actually play it you'll need to register it online.

Then, after there is one game that requires Galaxy and the protest dies down, more games requiring Galaxy and other forms of online-DRM will be released. Until eventually the offline installers will be discontinued. Just like the Downloader was.
Scary. We cannot forget them removing the forum any time.
If the actions the current crisis room got after 2 days of exhausting labor is to delete reviews I wouldn't be surprised if they shut down the forums to silence everything from the root :S
Or remove reviews entirely
Niggles: Has any blue commented on this?
In case you've missed it, there also this new comment:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hitman_game_of_the_year_edition_11093/post728
low rated
nvm, saw that the user above already linked it
Post edited September 25, 2021 by GamezRanker
tag+: ,,Innovate,, killing the offline installers... that would mandatory enforce galaxy
Lifthrasil: No, small steps. Killing the offline installers will be step 6 at the earliest. Step 5 will be to release a single-player game that has online DRM for all parts. You'll still be able to install it from offline installers (and GOG will claim that that makes it DRM-free), but to actually play it you'll need to register it online.

Then, after there is one game that requires Galaxy and the protest dies down, more games requiring Galaxy and other forms of online-DRM will be released. Until eventually the offline installers will be discontinued. Just like the Downloader was.
That would be the step-too-far for me. I would not buy that game.

I would still keep all the offline content I own, though. And, together with many other customers, this would constitute a Shadow-gog community, keeping games alive like those brave individuals in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. (Okay, they had memorized a book each, to prevent the firemen's literary holocaust from redacting anything found on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum).

The rebirth of toasternets! Darkweb fileshare archives of Gog-standard editions (from that brief historical period when a company tried to create a cordon sanitaire against digital intrusion into the personal sphere) and those that have been "fixed" to eliminate late period DRM additions, just prior to the Gog's demise, when it no longer strove to stock only DRM-free titles.