It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS Immortals are here.

Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can pick them up at 33% off in two bundles:
<span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>.

Wolfenstein 3D (with Spear of Destiny) is widely considered to be the first true 3D FPS ever. It single handedly kickstarted a generation of id Software greats, and thus influenced just about every FPS we've played ever since. Its mazes, shades of gray, and blue hues are burned into the collective gaming memory - plus you get to kill a mechanized Hitler. Classic.
In the early days of FPS gaming, Quake II: Quad Damage was the milestone. In a spot-on review from 1997, GameSpot calls it "the only first-person shooter to render the original Quake entirely obsolete." It was bigger, better, prettier, and smoother than any clone or predecessor - it also offered one of the most playable, and by far most popular multiplayer experiences of its day.
Quake III: Gold, aka. multiplayer revolution. Despite a controversial removal of the lauded single-player experience the series was known for, Quake III: Arena became a smash-hit and (together with Unreal Tournament) essentially defined arena-style, movement-based competitive gaming for years. The shooter spawned a community that's been living and breathing to this day.
In B.J. Blazkowicz's Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another legend is born. A unique, objective-based multiplayer mode saw immense popularity back in the day - and it was actually pretty okay if you're into that sort of thing. The single-player campaign is a dark, somewhat ridiculous freak show of morbid, scientific fantasy. An ever present sense of dread emanates from the disturbing experiments and cult-like universe, just waiting to be set afire - by you.

As with any Bethesda purchase, you'll also get The Elder Scrolls: Arena & Daggerfall for free!

Prepare to fight in Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - now DRM-free on GOG.com. Return to the FPS immortals at 33% off in two bundles: <span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>. The promo will last for one week, until October 8, 12:59 PM GMT.

The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
Out of curiosity: does Spear of Destiny come with the "Lost Episodes", aka "Return to Danger" and "Ultimate Challenge"?
The Wolfenstein games and 2 Quake sequels merely a couple months after the Doom games, Quake, and the Elder Scrolls? Way to go GoG! Moving on up! Today, id games. Tomorrow, THE WORLD!!
HunchBluntley: snip
GOG did get Bethesda to budge a bit in the prices. Quake 1 Complete and Quake 2 Complete cost $10 each here, while they cost $20 each on Steam.
Nergal01: Out of curiosity: does Spear of Destiny come with the "Lost Episodes", aka "Return to Danger" and "Ultimate Challenge"?
If it's anything like the Steam release, then it should.
Post edited October 01, 2015 by Grargar
Regional Price
Regional Lock !

good bye gog !
Nergal01: Out of curiosity: does Spear of Destiny come with the "Lost Episodes", aka "Return to Danger" and "Ultimate Challenge"?
yes in fact they do.
Attachments:
wolf.png (7 Kb)
Impaler26: More regionally-locked games on GOG... Screw this! :(
JudasIscariot: I am sorry but this is required by law.
No, it isn't! Please check the applicable laws. More information at the bottom of the post.

Konrad: Hey guys,
It probably doesn't need to be said, but if it was only up to us - we'd love to release these games worldwide. In this particular case, the games' publisher is forbidden from offering the titles to German customers, and we have to respect these limitations.

Still, we did not want to refuse the games altogether, simply because we felt this would be unfair to gamers from all remaining 190+ countries.
I'm probably going to be downvoted, but I don't care...

You know that this simply isn't true for the Quake titles. It is perfectly legal to sell all Quake titles to persons that are older than 18 years!
Martin42: Regional Price
Regional Lock !

good bye gog !
http://notesfrombeyond.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1794600_676121819093192_1137979351_n.jpg
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61277576.jpg
Post edited October 01, 2015 by DCT
I find it somewhat ironic that german censorship keeps Germans from fighting Nazis. Makes perfect sense ...
DCT: yes in fact they do.
Thx.

The regional locks are a pain in the ass, but at least the Bethesda releases so far have been as comprehensive as possible, so that's good. >_>
It probably doesn't need to be said, but if it was only up to us - we'd love to release these games worldwide. In this particular case, the games' publisher is forbidden from offering the titles to German customers, and we have to respect these limitations.

Still, we did not want to refuse the games altogether, simply because we felt this would be unfair to gamers from all remaining 190+ countries.
PaterAlf: It makes sense for the Wolfenstein games which were indeed banned in Germany.

But the Quake games were not. They are on the index (like many other games that GOG sells to Germans). You are not allowed to promote them, to sell them openly and to sell them to minors. But it's perfectly fine to sell them to adults when they ask for the game.

A simple solution for GOG would be to block the game page for German users and only give access when the customer enters a credit card number (minors are not allowed to have credit cards here). They could also only allow purchases via credit card and everything would be fine.

But there's no real reason to completely lock the games for Germans (and when the publishers says he's forbidden to sell them in Germany it's simply a lie).
A possibility that I thought of would be to hide them for German users on the front page, promo pages and such, as well as leaving them out of general search results (searching by "shooter" category, for example), but allowing German users to see the game when the exact title is searched for (or by simply entering the store page's URL). It might be tricky to implement, but it would be a way to abide by the German restrictions while still allowing German users to purchase indexed (but not banned) games. This would probably have to include your credit card idea being implemented, too.
mk47at: No, it isn't! Please check the applicable laws. More information at the bottom of the post.

mk47at: I'm probably going to be downvoted, but I don't care...

You know that this simply isn't true for the Quake titles. It is perfectly legal to sell all Quake titles to persons that are older than 18 years!
then why are you telling GOG this? Go take it up with Bethesda, they are the ones who said "no, you can't sell this in Germany"
Welcome to the new gog.com where the community isn't any more part of the family but just customers and money decides what decision to make. The decision was either to get new German customers by adding a German gog-site and sometime block games for them or keeping gog.com as it was and making games available for everyone.
Guess which option brings more money...

gog.com wants to grow and play with the big ones and so they have to play by their rules. Which meant that the minor principles like flat pricing worldwide were thrown overboard.
But we the community are not innocent in this development either because we just wanted to have more because "moar".

We are all just part of a stupid system...
mk47at: No, it isn't! Please check the applicable laws. More information at the bottom of the post.

mk47at: I'm probably going to be downvoted, but I don't care...

How exactly do you expect GoG to age verify on here?
low rated
thats how it feels like getting fucked by gog

guys it sucks!

edit: i guess its still better than having them offered as some cut version here
Post edited October 01, 2015 by apehater
Ha!
I think I should dig up more of my old CD's now and add Heretic, Hexen, Call of Cthulhu.. ; )