It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do androids dream of taking over the stars?

<span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, an intoxicating blend of space simulation with first-person action, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Parkan means "boomerang" and it happens to be the name of the spaceship you're riding. Rather fitting name for a vessel tasked with a rescue mission that backfired so spectacularly. But you're not one to give up so easily. Stranded on a network of war-ravaged planets being mined for resources by several mechanical tribes, you will immediately start planning on how to make the most of your unique situation. You can trade with these robotic people, colonize planets, intercept shipments, and fight for your place in this strange part of the galaxy. When not exploring space or breaking orbital defences aboard your Parkan, you will take a more hands-on approach and shoot your way through hostile locations in first-person. For sometimes, this is the only way to obtain the information or items necessary in order to take the upper hand.

Work with or against the seven robotic clans that rule this corner of the galaxy in <span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Never heard of it as I guess it didn't make it to Western Europe in the 90's. Looks interesting nevertheless so wishlisted.

More unexpected classic oddities like this would be appreciated ;)
Strange, for some reason I thought this was already here.
Maxvorstadt: I didn`t know that there were russian games between Tetris and Stalker.
Edward_Carnby: Silent Storm ? Rage of Mages ? Rig'n'Roll ? Etherlords ? Blietzkrieg ? Sea Dogs ? =(
I said:"I didn`t know" not "There were none". :-)
Other than the obvious (graphics sound etc), how does it compare to the sequel?
Impressive release! Totally unexpected yet very welcome. Now let's hope for the sequel along with a new gog connect batch. *wink wink*
OMGOMGOMG I've always needed to play this but it's near impossible to get here in the US until now. THANK YOU GOG.
trusteft: Other than the obvious (graphics sound etc), how does it compare to the sequel?
As I said in another thread...

Parkan II is more casual, lazy & scripted remake of the first one. It still enjoyable, but first one is much better.
=)
is parkan better then parkan 2?
There was this russian game with driveable vehicles. It was like 1999 or early 2000. I can't remember what it was lol :D
But it's cool that at least Parkan is here.

oh yeah and the sudden Parkan release reminded me of Alpha Storm, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fXah-vTKd8

and vote here https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/alpha_storm
and maybe vote for some other kinda freelance games like Hardwar https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/hardwar
or maybe Lander https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/lander
Post edited June 29, 2016 by XYCat
Anyone tried to run it in wine (linux or os x)?
Maxvorstadt: Interesting! I didn`t know that there were russian games between Tetris and Stalker.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Ukrainian :P
Maxvorstadt: Interesting! I didn`t know that there were russian games between Tetris and Stalker.
JudasIscariot: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Ukrainian :P
Isn`t that a part of Russia?
Just kidding! :-)
viperfdl: If it is as buggy and boring as the second part I wouldn't want it even as a gift...
some ruskie friends of mine state that P2 was appearantly a really bad remake.
Judging by the screenshots, it looks pretty rad! I played a bit (maybe an hour's worth?) of Parkan 2 and wasn't impressed in the least, nor was I particularly turned off, I was just kinda bored...so I'll echo the question; how does Parkan compare to its sequel?
Is there an overarching story/campaign, or is it just aimless open world?