It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do androids dream of taking over the stars?

<span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, an intoxicating blend of space simulation with first-person action, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Parkan means "boomerang" and it happens to be the name of the spaceship you're riding. Rather fitting name for a vessel tasked with a rescue mission that backfired so spectacularly. But you're not one to give up so easily. Stranded on a network of war-ravaged planets being mined for resources by several mechanical tribes, you will immediately start planning on how to make the most of your unique situation. You can trade with these robotic people, colonize planets, intercept shipments, and fight for your place in this strange part of the galaxy. When not exploring space or breaking orbital defences aboard your Parkan, you will take a more hands-on approach and shoot your way through hostile locations in first-person. For sometimes, this is the only way to obtain the information or items necessary in order to take the upper hand.

Work with or against the seven robotic clans that rule this corner of the galaxy in <span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Never heard of this game, but it looks awesome! On the wishlist it goes.
vicklemos: BioForge's included on that list, right? ;P
Themken: Sorry to say, I never played that but looking at the pictures: possibly so.
You gotta see it in motion, then. Not videos, the game itself. I actually have the disc and popped it up some 5 or 6 years ago. Needless to say, had a blast from the past and also I played it on a superb Dell monitor.
No, it's not like watching this on an hdtv.
I like the song but this will never cease to be, uh, weird? ;P
Never heard about it, but always interesting to discover potential good oldies :)
vicklemos: I always thought the first Parkan was more like a urban legend or something ;)
Please, rusky/CIS goggers: how's the overall experience, coming from someone who absolutely loved Parkan II?
tremere110: I've only ever heard of it as legend. The sequel doesn't even compare - being too scripted and repetitive. I can't believe it's officially been released here in English no less!

[EDIT] Wait, there's even an English manual! Didn't even know that existed!
It's 2016, it's your turn, it's your watershed year: now go, my dear guinea pig, buy it!
Play it and then give its sequel a go. PM me later ;P
Never heard of this early game, even though I have Parkan II. The game engine reminds me strongly of the first System Shock. I think I have to have this. :)
Post edited June 28, 2016 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: The game engine reminds me strongly of the first System Shock.
I had that thought as well.
Old title that I've never heard of.

It looks cool - will be thinking about it...
Bought. Might have to squeeze in a play soon just to see how it goes.
IAmSinistar: Never heard of this early game,, even though I have Parkan II. The game engine reminds me strongly of the first System Shock. I think I have to have this. :)
Ditto on both the bolded counts (the screenshots of the FPS bits also give me a slight Dark Forces vibe).
Non-ditto on the other parts. :)
Post edited June 28, 2016 by HunchBluntley
IAmSinistar: Never heard of this early game,[/b, even though I have Parkan II. The game engine reminds me strongly of the first System Shock. I think I have to have this. :)
HunchBluntley: Ditto on both the bolded counts (the screenshots of the FPS bits also give me a slight Dark Forces vibe).
Ditto on everything and non-ditto on nothing? :P
HunchBluntley: Ditto on both the bolded counts (the screenshots of the FPS bits also give me a slight Dark Forces vibe).
Grargar: Ditto on everything and non-ditto on nothing? :P
Whoops, heh-heh. "...And for want of a bracket, the meaning was lost." :)
Fixed it. Thanks.
IAmSinistar: The game engine reminds me strongly of the first System Shock.
Definitely this, to the point that if you showed me a screenshot before this post I'd swear it was a System Shock mod! :)
Interesting! I didn`t know that there were russian games between Tetris and Stalker.
Maxvorstadt: I didn`t know that there were russian games between Tetris and Stalker.
Silent Storm ? Rage of Mages ? Rig'n'Roll ? Etherlords ? Blietzkrieg ? Sea Dogs ? =(
Man, I remeber playing Parkan: Iron Strategy.
Cool to see the Parkan series show up here. It's been a while since we've had such an obscure old school release.