It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Explore, fight, and simply try to survive in a fallen utopian city ravaged by a horrific disease. P.A.M.E.L.A. is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 30% discount lasting until 25th June, 2 PM UTC. Use a wide arsenal of hi-tech weapons, highly immersive UI, full-body awareness to your advantage. Also, manage the power reserves of the city wisely to avoid the dangers of being stranded in the dark.
MarkoH01: Am I the only one who thought it could be a sequel to J.U.L.I.A.?
Yeah, well, I am waiting for K.A.R.E.N.
Risingson: Yeah, well, I am waiting for K.A.R.E.N.
I would be more interested in an "Adult only"-rated expension named A.N.D.E.R.S.O.N. ...
>_>
Thanks GOG! I was waiting for this one on steam, now I can buy it here when I will have time to play it.
Zoidberg: Been hearing about this for 4 or 5 years?
The game has been in early access on Steam since 2017. 1.0 released today simultaneously on GOG and Steam.
Not really my genre, but if that Linux version ever materializes here, I would give it a second look, as I do like the looks of it!
A lot of releases today from smaller developers, hope these games sell well to show GOG is a viable platform for them.
Risingson: Yeah, well, I am waiting for K.A.R.E.N.
No, no, no! B.O.R.A.T is the game.
wolfsite: A lot of releases today from smaller developers, hope these games sell well to show GOG is a viable platform for them.
I second that.
This Game used to be great when they had scrapping stuff in it now it's utter garbage!

They used a thing to scrap the furniture (leaving a speckled version) and used the chemical compounds left to make stuff now total garbage and totally unplayable
Post edited June 19, 2020 by fr33kSh0w2012
Been following this forever. Finally released... finally buying! Thanks NVYVE Studios!
fr33kSh0w2012: This Game used to be great when they had scrapping stuff in it now it's utter garbage!

They used a thing to scrap the furniture (leaving a speckled version) and used the chemical compounds left to make stuff now total garbage and totally unplayable
They removed that mechanic because when you scraped the furniture with the scan gun it left behind the mesh everywhere. They could not find a way to get rid of it. The left over mesh got in the way and it looked ugly.

I did like the ability to scrap random furniture though. They replaced that with scraping unusable items from the inventory or before you pick it up. Plus they littered the world with scrap to balance out the removing of the scraping gun.

Originally, the game did not have this to begin with. It was just something they were experimenting with.
Post edited June 19, 2020 by greyhat
Ok, I brought it. I would strongly advise anyone thinking of buying this to closely evaluate all the reviews out there for this product. It’s just not very good (I put in a review if your interested). Afraid this one is going in the bin for me, at least for the foreseeable future u TIL performance and bugs are sorted out.
nightcraw1er.488:
So I thought this game looked pretty neat (and still might grab it in the hope that it gets a bit of post-release polish).

But can we derail a bit here - you're not the only one to mention Prey (2017). Is that game sort of less sci-fi shooter, more "light horror," survival and crafting? Building out a character with RPG style upgrades (gun mods, augs, "perks"). Because I was under the impression it was a pretty pure shooter, albeit with the RPG-lite elements that are in all games nowadays.
nightcraw1er.488:
Ixamyakxim: So I thought this game looked pretty neat (and still might grab it in the hope that it gets a bit of post-release polish).

But can we derail a bit here - you're not the only one to mention Prey (2017). Is that game sort of less sci-fi shooter, more "light horror," survival and crafting? Building out a character with RPG style upgrades (gun mods, augs, "perks"). Because I was under the impression it was a pretty pure shooter, albeit with the RPG-lite elements that are in all games nowadays.
I didn’t see any part shooter (but didn’t get far), only hand to hand, and there is an option when you start a game for melee only. It’s more the survival crafting base building, prey has some of that with the upgrades.
Yes, if they fixed the engine and the bugs, then there may be something here. As I say, didn’t get too far due to bugs and performance, just wasn’t fun, and opening the thousandth openable only to find nothing there again is just dishertenening. And combat being annoying with no feeling of weight behind it, or AI intelligence. And then that horrendous Pamela voice, all combines to make me head to the nearest airlock!
Just commenting on your post and review Nightcrawler.

You can scan all the item boxes with the scan tool. I believe it is R. It lets you know which boxes have items. The ones that dont have an X when you approach. It saves you open every one to see if there is random generated content.

I have not had any performance issues with the recent build. It only slows down a bit when it auto saves every so often. I have noticed some of the bugs mentioned though.

The game is a rogue like but it is optional in the settings. I probably should have mentioned that in my review but did not see it as an issue due to it being optional and asking you during the start of a new game.

Personally, I love the game despite some of its flaws.

Annoying voice overs, etc.

But the level design, exploration, and world reactivity is excellent. It far surpasses bioshock in that regard. Bioshocks strength was its philosophical design coupled with its overall world design and story. Oh, and lets not forget it's budget. hehe. As a interconnected series of levels it did not succeed in comparison to System Shock or Prey. That is where PAMELA exceeds at what Bioshock attempted to do. It does not quite equal what Arkane has done with Prey or what LGS did with System Shock 2. However, its cohesive connected world is so well done it is the reason I keep playing.

There is ranged combat but you dont start with that. Combat is not the games strongest feature. I am not saying it is the perfect game but I would still say it is one of my favorite indie projects and comes close to fulfilling Warren Spectors "1 city block" game hypothesis of a "Hyper detailed microworld"
Post edited June 20, 2020 by greyhat