It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title: Mary Skelter 2
Genre: RPG and strategy
Discount: 15% off until 27th January 2022, 5 PM UTC.
low rated
Your hobby is destroyed, sir. It is over. I had a hentai channel on YouTube a couple of days ago until they removed not only the channel, but hundreds of videos of content. I didn't even show the hentai. I removed the scenes and still had fans from all over the world. I didn't even get a second strike and only received warnings for links, not the content.

Why did this happen? It's because progressives are in charge now. You can keep denying it, but it is over. This is the decline, especially here in the states. I say at the end of all my political videos, "enjoy the decline" because it is over. We're watching it burn. You think you can save it? Nah, the ship has sailed. It doesn't end with a bang, it ends with a whimper. Just be glad it hasn't fully collapsed yet and censored anime games are the most of your worries right now. You may be worried about food later on and you can't eat games. I live in a small southern town and I can tell you that I have never seen food prices this high. It costs as much to get groceries as it does to go to a restaurant. None of this is good.

I did refund the game because it is an overpriced bad port, according to steam. I can use that $30 on something better.
Post edited January 14, 2022 by TheGrimLord
GOG.com: ...
As I said in the coming soon thread, this normally would have been a sure buy for me, but because of the censorship I pass.

That they censor it on PS4 I can understand because of how brain dead Sony is nowadays, but censoring it on PC, while the Switch is uncensored and even worse censoring the first one that is include; nope.
Censorship or not, you shouldn't be buying a bad port in general. This is really bare bones. Please go read the steam reviews. Even people who didn't care about the censorship are displeased with the port.
It is so unfortunate that the discussion of the PC port is centered so much on the censorship. Minigame or not, Mary Skelter is a great dungeon crawler, and releaseing MS2 on PC is a great way to introduce more non-Japanese players to the series. Some may even want to play MS3 after that.

I think GOG and Ghostlight should just make clear of any censorship that exists on the store page. Everyone can take from that what they will. And bifurcate the discussion of the censorship from the discussion of the game generally.

I am 100% against what Sony did to this game and I think it is totally wrong on principle. However, I recognize this is a polarizing issue, not one of clear cut right and wrong. Some players appreciate not having to experience the sexualized minigame. Some may feel the minigame objectifies women and needs to go. It is a worthy cutural debate, just not one that should drown out the game.

And it may not matter for GOG anyway, if we get a fan patch that returns the game to its pre-PS4 patch glory.
low rated
TheGrimLord: Censorship or not, you shouldn't be buying a bad port in general. This is really bare bones. Please go read the steam reviews. Even people who didn't care about the censorship are displeased with the port.
People shouldn't be buying any censored garbage in general. In that circumstance, whether the port is good or not is a totally moot point, because there is no sense in even getting to that stage of analysis.

Rather, the buck stops at the previous stage of analysis before that point, when one realizes that it's a censored garbage version.

Even the best port in the world couldn't redeem it from that horrible fate, and hence could never make it be worth supporting with one's money.
Post edited January 14, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Time to read steam reviews then. I can't understand cutting and censoring considering some of the other games that recently hit gog shelves.
low rated
As for statements like "there may be a fan patch that restores the censored content:" statements like that are giving consumers false hope.

To make such a "fan patch" would require a very skilled person to reverse engineer the Switch version, and then reverse engineer the butchered Ghostlight version, and then mash his reverse engineered Switch version into his reverse engineered Ghostlight version.

To do that would take an extraordinary amount of time and energy and skill, and chances are pretty much zero that anyone who has the talent to do that would put in their labor to do it for free (and no one will be paying them to do it, either).

So no, there won't be any uncensored fan patches coming.
Post edited January 14, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: As for statements like "there may be a fan patch that restores the censored content:" statements like that are giving consumers false hope.

To make such a "fan patch" would require a very skilled person to reverse engineer the Switch version, and then reverse engineer the butchered Ghostlight version, and then mash his reversed engineered Switch version into his reverse engineered Ghostlight version.

That would take an extraordinary amount of time and and energy and skill, and chance are pretty much zero that anyone who has the talent to do that would put in their labor to do it for free (and no one will be paying them to do it, either).

But it does happen and happens all the time. People patch from all sorts of different sources and it is not that difficult to reverse engineer things anymore. We have great switch emulators, it's probably not too difficult for skilled and admittedly bored people to do.

TheGrimLord: Censorship or not, you shouldn't be buying a bad port in general. This is really bare bones. Please go read the steam reviews. Even people who didn't care about the censorship are displeased with the port.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: People shouldn't be buying any censored garbage in general. In that circumstance, whether the port is good or not is a totally moot point, because there is no sense in even getting to that stage of analysis.

Rather, the buck stops at the previous stage of analysis before that point, when one realizes that it's a censored garbage version.

Even the best port in the world couldn't redeem it from that horrible fate, and hence could never make it be worth supporting with one's money.
A bad port is a bad port. I don't care what the game is, if the port is crap there is no use spending money on it. I don't even care if it was uncensored. A bad port is no excuse. Ever. I will not forgive a bad port of a game that fans have to fix.
Bring back the information blurb!
Ancient-Red-Dragon: As for statements like "there may be a fan patch that restores the censored content:" statements like that are giving consumers false hope.

To make such a "fan patch" would require a very skilled person to reverse engineer the Switch version, and then reverse engineer the butchered Ghostlight version, and then mash his reverse engineered Switch version into his reverse engineered Ghostlight version.

To do that would take an extraordinary amount of time and energy and skill, and chances are pretty much zero that anyone who has the talent to do that would put in their labor to do it for free (and no one will be paying them to do it, either).

Why? It's possible that all the PS4 censorship patch did was a few lines of code that skipped over the minigame content. That certainly would have been the easiest way to patch in the censorship. It would not have been possible to remove the actual minigame assets and codes from the pre-patched JP MS2 discs that players in Japan and some elsewhere (like me) already had. I would think this kind of censorship in a PC version would be very easy to undo by a skilled programmer.

Of course, Ghostlight could have removed the censored minigame, assets and all, from the PC port. Then you are right, it would be much harder. But I agree with TheGrimLord. Some dedicated players are probably working to extract that minigame from the Switch version (or maybe even the PS4 version) from the game files and working to integrate it back to into the game.

It is in Ghostlight's best interest to use the cheap censorship patch I discussed initially, if possible. I mean, they could be releasing the censored version for some legal or contractual reasons. But they need not pissed off so many gamers by going out of their way to make decensoring difficult or impossible.
Post edited January 14, 2022 by Unfallen_Satan
TheGrimLord: Your hobby is destroyed, sir. It is over. I had a hentai channel on YouTube a couple of days ago until they removed not only the channel, but hundreds of videos of content. I didn't even show the hentai. I removed the scenes and still had fans from all over the world. I didn't even get a second strike and only received warnings for links, not the content.

Why did this happen? It's because progressives are in charge now. You can keep denying it, but it is over. This is the decline, especially here in the states. I say at the end of all my political videos, "enjoy the decline" because it is over. We're watching it burn. You think you can save it? Nah, the ship has sailed. It doesn't end with a bang, it ends with a whimper. Just be glad it hasn't fully collapsed yet and censored anime games are the most of your worries right now. You may be worried about food later on and you can't eat games. I live in a small southern town and I can tell you that I have never seen food prices this high. It costs as much to get groceries as it does to go to a restaurant. None of this is good.

I did refund the game because it is an overpriced bad port, according to steam. I can use that $30 on something better.
It doesn't matter if I can stop them. It doesn't matter who's in charge, or if they listen to me. It doesn't matter what fucking age we live in. It doesn't matter if they sell a hundred million copies or just one -- that one won't be to me.

Wrong is wrong. Full stop.

If your moral standards exist up to the point that you can effect change to a multi-billion dollar industry, or the people in charge listen to you and your opinion then you don't have any standard at all.

You say you won't buy it because it's a garbage port. So? You think you're going to have an impact on the quality of PC ports in the future? This is a niche title, they were never going to sell millions of these. This isn't Shin Megami Tensei V. The only thing this is going to show a company is that they won't bring over any more of the product. They just simply won't bother with anymore of these or any other games. That means the rest of us won't get a chance to play any of these games in English. And if they do, these companies are gonna put out garbage ports today just like they did back in the nineties and people still bought it!
TheGrimLord: Your hobby is destroyed, sir. It is over. I had a hentai channel on YouTube a couple of days ago until they removed not only the channel, but hundreds of videos of content. I didn't even show the hentai. I removed the scenes and still had fans from all over the world. I didn't even get a second strike and only received warnings for links, not the content.

maachubo: It doesn't matter if I can stop them. It doesn't matter who's in charge, or if they listen to me. It doesn't matter what fucking age we live in. It doesn't matter if they sell a hundred million copies or just one -- that one won't be to me.

Wrong is wrong. Full stop.

If your moral standards exist up to the point that you can effect change to a multi-billion dollar industry, or the people in charge listen to you and your opinion then you don't have any standard at all.

You say you won't buy it because it's a garbage port. So? You think you're going to have an impact on the quality of PC ports in the future? This is a niche title, they were never going to sell millions of these. This isn't Shin Megami Tensei V. The only thing this is going to show a company is that they won't bring over any more of the product. They just simply won't bother with anymore of these or any other games. That means the rest of us won't get a chance to play any of these games in English. And if they do, these companies are gonna put out garbage ports today just like they did back in the nineties and people still bought it!
Nice virtue signaling and twisting my words there. I'm not buying a bad port to make a statement. I'm not buying it because it's a bad fucking port. Point blank. It glitches and crashes a lot. Why the fuck am I gonna spend my money on that?
I love blobbers but I don't like that kind of anime artyle, the eternal dilemma.
Hey guys, if you want to try and help turn things around, try contacting Iffy directly via their contact form here!

Please be civil and polite, and keep things short and to the point. More likely to get your message across - and possibly a positive response! - that way.

Hopefully if enough of us do it, and bring up why we're not supporting the release (and under what conditions we would), maybe they'll listen. Money talks, after all. ;)
According to the top reviewer on Steam who didn't even care about the mini game BTW, this port is absolute ass. This guy straight up dissected it and more or less says you are better dumping the rom of the game on Switch and playing it on Yuzu or Ryujin. He says everything runs better and the game generally looks better as well.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/KingKrouch/recommended/1496250

The guy is right now working on some fixes within the executable itself.