It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reclaim the Lost Kingdom brick by brick – with LEGO® The Hobbit™, now available on GOG!

Join Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf, Thorin and his company of Dwarves in an epic adventure across Middle-earth to recapture the Lonely Mountain in the most expansive LEGO game to date.

You can now also get:
LEGO® The Hobbit™ - The Big Little Character Pack
LEGO® The Hobbit™ - Side Quest Character Pack
LEGO® The Hobbit™ - The Battle Pack

Now on GOG!
polecat1: Thank you so much!
Instabought.
Now we are playing Lego Harry Potter with my daughter.
Had to buy a second controller for local co-op.
She loves it!
I can't wait for Lego Skywalker saga ;)
Have fun dude, I really enjoyed these Lego games with my own kids!
too bad that the LEGO games have an awkward keyboard support
Oriza-Triznyák: too bad that the LEGO games have an awkward keyboard support
They are literally the only games I know that actually do play better with a controller.
Breja: They are literally the only games I know that actually do play better with a controller.
i tried to play pc games with a controler but i felt myself awkward , so i returned back to the old kb+mouse gaming
Breja: They are literally the only games I know that actually do play better with a controller.
Oriza-Triznyák: i tried to play pc games with a controler but i felt myself awkward , so i returned back to the old kb+mouse gaming
The games are designed for controllers. I honestly prefer playing most games with a controller nowadays, unless they are tactical shooters or strategy games. Also, sometimes you need a good controller to get the feeling down.
mechmouse: Fingers crossed for Lego Jurassic World!
But I can barely move/controll the mouse(mines eaten because of an odd dino incident)
GOG.com: Reclaim the Lost Kingdom brick by brick – with LEGO® The Hobbit™, now available on GOG!

Join Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf, Thorin and his company of Dwarves in an epic adventure across Middle-earth to recapture the Lonely Mountain in the most expansive LEGO game to date.

Now on GOG!
Yassssssssss gog, this is the real shiz. Now get the rest and I will be one happy boi.
i_ni: (mines eaten because of an odd dino incident)
Color me interested. Care to share?
Post edited September 06, 2024 by WideLoader69b
Oriza-Triznyák: i tried to play pc games with a controler but i felt myself awkward , so i returned back to the old kb+mouse gaming
I was exclusively a kb + mouse person most of my pc gaming days. However, some games these days just feel more natural to play with a controller to me. Like Kingdoms of Amalur, Bound by Flame, Dungeon Siege 3, to name a few.

In fact the first time I played KoA ages ago (retail version), I only had kb + mouse and loved the game. But it wasn't until I tried out the controller for the KoA RR FE GOG version that made me realize what I was missing.

That 2nd stick for camera, is just a huge plus. Running while turning the pov was so fluid and amazing. I never had a similar experience with kb + mouse or maybe I was just never had that much dexterity with my fingers. =P

Other than similar games, I still use kb + mouse, it's still my goto for everything else. So maybe about 5% of my games I use a controller. So, kb + mouse still has a lot of life left in it for pc gaming for me lol.
Oriza-Triznyák: too bad that the LEGO games have an awkward keyboard support
If I remember right, Race Driver: GRID (long since delisted) has no mouse support -- not even in menus. (Not that mouse would be any better for steering or acceleration than a gamepad.) Try playing something like that with pure keyboard controls. (I did. It wasn't fun.)
I'd also say that any sort of game where a major part of the gameplay involves being able to aim independently from your character's movement/facing direction, AND where finer movement control (which keyboard-based movement can't handle well) is required, is going to play better on a gamepad. (For example, WASD movement in an angled/"isometric"-view game like Bastion can be awkward...particularly if there are deadly hazards to be avoided in narrow areas where you're also being attacked.) That's not to say you can't play it well with keyboard and/or mouse; it's just that, for someone who's got experience with both types of control, gamepad will be better. Just like mouse and/or keyboard is going to be better for lots of other types of games.

Of course, this is leaving aside cases where mouse and keyboard controls (or, more rarely, gamepad controls) in a particular game are suboptimal not because the type of game made that inevitable, but because the devs had a notion of one "correct" input method, and didn't bother doing much work on the other one, then just told players to use their [i.e., the devs'] preferred one. (Broforce, with its unnecessarily crappy keyboard controls, springs to mind here.)
HunchBluntley: If I remember right, Race Driver: GRID (long since delisted) has no mouse support -- not even in menus. (Not that mouse would be any better for steering or acceleration than a gamepad.) Try playing something like that with pure keyboard controls. (I did. It wasn't fun.)
Well, I did say "games I know". I don't play racing games, so I don't really have much of an opinion on them.

HunchBluntley: I'd also say that any sort of game where a major part of the gameplay involves being able to aim independently from your character's movement/facing direction, AND where finer movement control (which keyboard-based movement can't handle well) is required, is going to play better on a gamepad.
Any game that involves being able to aim plays better with a mouse. Aiming with a controller sucks like matter/anti-matter powered vacuum cleaner.
WideLoader69b: ...
i_ni: (mines eaten because of an odd dino incident)
WideLoader69b: Color me interested. Care to share?
Gladly, so
Hear all
The sad story of THE ONE
Who didn't listen to Roxanne:
Was minding my bricks,
(in a morning without chicks)
Then a Rumble
Then a Dark
Turned out Kong was chasing
Wild T-Rexes nearby
(in a brain so small,)
They refuse to learn the lesson of
who the King is overall
Then a blast,
from the past:
"Don't you dare to care,
for a LEGO house",
- SHE SAID.
So here I am,
Eating the chunk of my hand,
And
Beating Kong, once and again,
For, alas, Roxanne is gone...
.Keys: OK GOG ... Stop now.. With that thing... HOPE..

Now I think I believe - Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth and War for the North MIGHT BE REALLY coming...?

..Right?

...RIGHT?
idbeholdME: A definite nope on Battle for Middle Earth for numerous reasons. It was an EA game, so they hold the distribution rights and the games used both licenses, movies and books. First game used movie license, the 2nd book license. WB also currently holds exclusive rights for releasing LOTR games. All of these would have to be with one entity to even start theorizing about a re-release. The only feasible way would be WB buying out the rights from EA. Which definitely wouldn't come cheap.

But War in the North could be possible.
It's a step. After Resident Evil original trilogy I believe GOG can do almost anything in talks of bring X series here.
With enough effort and the right amount of reasoning with said companies, there's a chance.

I can understand that WB games may come here easier than EA games though.
HunchBluntley: I'd also say that any sort of game where a major part of the gameplay involves being able to aim independently from your character's movement/facing direction, AND where finer movement control (which keyboard-based movement can't handle well) is required, is going to play better on a gamepad.
Breja: Any game that involves being able to aim plays better with a mouse. Aiming with a controller sucks like matter/anti-matter powered vacuum cleaner.
No, aiming in any game with free aiming is better with a mouse than a with gamepad. But if character/vehicle control then has to be done with keyboard keys, that means movement is worse as a result. And, as I tried to explain, having the capability for extremely quick and accurate aiming isn't always worth the tradeoff of having to have awkward 4-direction movement (yes, if the game supports it, you can clumsily push two keys at once to technically get 8-direction movement, but anyone pretending that that's equal to just moving with a stick is delusional). Again, it depends on the specific type of game.
Post edited September 07, 2024 by HunchBluntley
HunchBluntley: No, aiming in any game with free aiming is better with a mouse than a with gamepad. But if character/vehicle control then has to be done with keyboard keys, that means movement is worse as a result.
I couldn't disagree with you more and I'll leave it at that so as not to derail the thread.
i_ni: Gladly, so
That was epic, bruh.