It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some quality time with your lovebird.

<span class="bold">Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star</span>, the festive sequel to the beloved bird-dating simulator, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac and Linux with a 15% launch discount.

Ah, love. It hits you when you least expect it, carries you up on its tender wings and lets you soar above the mundanities of life, giving you a bird's-eye view of pedestrian struggles. But finding the perfect mate can be tricky, especially while studying away from your nest. At a University where everyone else but you is a bird.

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star is a unique experience that you would be hard-pressed to pigeonhole under any specific label. As in all things related to the mystical dance called "falling in love", there is adventure to be found here but also reflective thinking and careful observation of human---er bird behavior. This holiday-themed sequel brings new feathered characters to interact with, new stories and an even crispier HD presentation to make your avian-courting a true visual pleasure.

But if you want to hit multiple birds with one stone, be sure to also pluck the <span class="bold">Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star - Collector's Pack</span> DLC which offers the full digital soundtrack, a Holiday Star Dossier digital booklet, The King's Story Book, and a sweet collection of festive wallpapers. Access to this DLC requires Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star.

Romance your avian nest-mate and find your <span class="bold">Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until December 22 4:59 PM GMT.
seppelfred: Hey Devolver Digital!

Why didn't you release BROFORCE here on GOG? I hope they didn't reject it because it's "too niche". I would buy it immediately. It's availabe DRM-free at the humble store, I know that, but I'd like to have it here on GOG in my constantly growing library.
Grargar: You are better off asking the developers (Free Lives) about its absence from here. In the past, they commented that they were approached by GOG about the game's release here, but said that it would be a pain for them to make a GOG build and it would result in an inferior experience.
Thank you for your response.

Well, their loss.
Marioface5: I have no problem with this releasing here, but GOG, you seriously need to stop telling developers that their game was rejected for being "too niche" when you're willing to sell a game like this. Please.
It's not really niche though. It is a gaming phenomenon that has reached a far wider audience than the usual group of visual novel/dating sims fans. Then there is always the possibility that "too niche" was only used as a polite phrase to turn down a game gog didn't want on other grounds, such as being a subpar game.
Grargar: You are better off asking the developers (Free Lives) about its absence from here. In the past, they commented that they were approached by GOG about the game's release here, but said that it would be a pain for them to make a GOG build and it would result in an inferior experience.
seppelfred: Thank you for your response.

Well, their loss.
i already know what the problem is before i read the article: lazyness :D
some devs are just too lazy to 'look out their eyes', if it would be possible they would love to have someone else do the:
looking ,
eating
drinking and
so they can spend more time hugging DRM and steam....(cause its so easy)
watch how many time the steam words is mentioned, its almost like its airborne and everything is coverd with 'steam'

i copied some text, i have quoted it, watch and see :

Patching the game is much much harder on GOG, so we probably won't consider releasing there until we have had something working on Steam for a while, if there is post-release content that uses Steam systems for delivery then it probably won't make it to GOG.

We're happy to support DRM, but it will be an inferior experience and a bit of a pain for us to work with (it will require stripping out features for different versions of the game). It'd be far easier for us if everyone just used Steam
translation:

much much harder : way to much work for us
won't consider releasing here : because its too much work for us and were to lazy
far easier for us : were to lazy

they even admit they love DRM because they forgot to type the word 'free' (very sloppy)
so now it reads: happy to support DRM ... :D (very funny mistake)

see what i mean ? its al a case of drm hugging, much lazyness and most of all the big if case

IF xxx <> steam then .... else ....
whatever
Post edited December 15, 2015 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: *snip*
Sad to see that the developers are so lazy, but honestly I'd rather not have their game here then. If maintaining a GOG release is too hard for them, then I'd rather have it not done at all than have it done poorly. Maybe once GOG Galaxy is further along this kind of stuff won't be an issue.
high rated
So I'm well aware that most people aren't going to read this far in the thread before incredulously going "what, a pigeon game, what the hell is this, come on GOG" and so on, but it's worth mentioning that both this and the original are far, far stranger than they appear. They start off as bizarre parodies of dating games before careening off in a totally different direction, but like most stories of this type, it's hard to explain what makes them interesting without giving too much away. Suffice to say that Devolver Digital, publisher of Hotline Miami, chose to remake and publish these games for a reason, and it's not because of pigeon dating.

MightyPinecone: It's not really niche though. It is a gaming phenomenon that has reached a far wider audience than the usual group of visual novel/dating sims fans. Then there is always the possibility that "too niche" was only used as a polite phrase to turn down a game gog didn't want on other grounds, such as being a subpar game.
One of the games they turned down was Mushihimesama, a shmup from Cave that's generally considered one of their best, and one of the best games in the genre of the past 15 years, because "it's not really known outside Japan." It's niche, but it's also a fine, fine game.
Post edited December 15, 2015 by sethsez
gamesfreak64: *snip*
Marioface5: Sad to see that the developers are so lazy, but honestly I'd rather not have their game here then. If maintaining a GOG release is too hard for them, then I'd rather have it not done at all than have it done poorly. Maybe once GOG Galaxy is further along this kind of stuff won't be an issue.
i agree on that one.

how did you add the link to my long post in the reply ? i wanted to use that aswell

does it require to use it simply this

*snip*
and add the_postnumber to it?
this way i wont have to display all the long texts again.
Post edited December 15, 2015 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: how did you add the link to my long post in the reply ? i wanted to use that aswell Potatoes have many uses, which is why I admire the Irish.
When you reply to a post using the reply button, you can actually change the quoted text. Many users will clear the quoted text and type something like "snip" to reply to long posts without having to take up all the extra space, or may leave only the specific part of the post they're responding to. You can also change the formatting of the quoted text, or add whatever you want, as I have shown here when quoting your post. In short, you can do anything to the text inside a quote that you can do with the rest of your post.
Marioface5: Sad to see that the developers are so lazy, but honestly I'd rather not have their game here then. If maintaining a GOG release is too hard for them, then I'd rather have it not done at all than have it done poorly. Maybe once GOG Galaxy is further along this kind of stuff won't be an issue.
gamesfreak64: i agree on that one.

how did you add the link to my long post in the reply ? i wanted to use that aswell

does it require to use it simply this

*snip*
gamesfreak64: and add the_postnumber to it?
this way i wont have to display all the long texts again.
Indeed, a post is (falsely) quoted by simply doing [.q.u.o.t.e._.num.]content[./.q.u.o.t.e.] (remove the dots, and no number in the end tag). Do note, however, that the quotee might not be notified unless the "quote" button was actually pressed, but this may have been fixed within the last year or three.
Post edited December 15, 2015 by Maighstir
sethsez: ~snip because unrelated~

MightyPinecone: It's not really niche though. It is a gaming phenomenon that has reached a far wider audience than the usual group of visual novel/dating sims fans. Then there is always the possibility that "too niche" was only used as a polite phrase to turn down a game gog didn't want on other grounds, such as being a subpar game.
sethsez: One of the games they turned down was Mushihimesama, a shmup from Cave that's generally considered one of their best, and one of the best games in the genre of the past 15 years, because "it's not really known outside Japan." It's niche, but it's also a fine, fine game.
Ok, that seems to be really well recieved among its target audience, so I'm just gonna backpedal and simply concur that gog isn't interested in niche games.
sethsez: So I'm well aware that most people aren't going to read this far in the thread before incredulously going "what, a pigeon game, what the hell is this, come on GOG" and so on, but it's worth mentioning that both this and the original are far, far stranger than they appear. They start off as bizarre parodies of dating games before careening off in a totally different direction, but like most stories of this type, it's hard to explain what makes them interesting without giving too much away. Suffice to say that Devolver Digital, publisher of Hotline Miami, chose to remake and publish these games for a reason, and it's not because of pigeon dating.

sethsez: One of the games they turned down was Mushihimesama, a shmup from Cave that's generally considered one of their best, and one of the best games in the genre of the past 15 years, because "it's not really known outside Japan." It's niche, but it's also a fine, fine game.
I don´t really get how GOG can say some game is too niche, the whole point of GOG´s existence are niche games! - many of the classics certainly are, or were before they made them available again :)
sethsez: -snip-
Tarhiel: I don´t really get how GOG can say some game is too niche, the whole point of GOG´s existence are niche games! - many of the classics certainly are, or were before they made them available again :)
True, perhaps they've chosen to limit themselves to old games as their sole niche.
gamesfreak64: not really disorder

but more like: a very case of 'migraines' but not the simple ones, but the works, you know :D
not the things women have during period time of the mont, or when getting 40 or older.
The full package, unlimited 'bandtwidt' i have, lets call it like that.
From the limited number of people in holland who have it (so there arent tha many) there's also a very very small amount of a small amount that have it, and guess what: i happen to be one of the 'lucky' guys to have it, cause normally it should be mainly a ladies only thing.

Ahwell just my bad luck i guess :D
Good thing: you can become 100 or older so its not lethal, but it puts some (serious) limitations on you.
So i have to live with it.
Ummm, my husband has migraines too. They're certainly less common in men, but not that rare. Since they put him on preventative medication, though, the frequency is way down unless he runs into a trigger. His are most often triggered by odors---paint, petroleum products, strong perfumes can all set him off. Flashing screen effects don't seem to bother him, though. That's the mystery of migraines, every sufferer seems to have their own particular set of triggers. :(
Grargar: Crow, where are you? :D
Oh, I'm around.

Already saw this one coming. Also, fairly sure I'd rather pay to be strapped to a table and pounded in the sphincter with a meat mallet by a large man in a leather gimp mask who whispers holiday songs in my ear during.
gamesfreak64: or another cafetaria? selling fries? we have one every 400 meters in my neighborhood, some even have one every 200 meters, same goes for chinese food restaurants.
Well, it's more like if your usual cafeteria had 43 different types of fries, but no burger and no salad. A little diversity doesn't hurt sometimes.

And while the screenshots and the concept look horrendous, many people around these forums that actually played the first game apparently liked it. So I must say I'm intrigued ;)
Post edited December 15, 2015 by Kardwill
Grargar: Crow, where are you? :D
CarrionCrow: Also, fairly sure I'd rather pay to be strapped to a table and pounded in the sphincter with a meat mallet by a large man in a leather gimp mask who whispers holiday songs in my ear during.
I have that guy's phone number if you want it.