It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enjoy the game from Charles Cecil, creator of the Broken Sword series, with art direction by Dave Gibbons, legendary comic book artist behind Watchmen. Beyond a Steel Sky, a groundbreaking 3D adventure thriller, is now available on GOG.COM with a 40% discount lasting until 5th April 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Also, be sure to check out the beginning of the game's story with a great adventure title Beneath a Steel Sky available on GOG.COM for free.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
brouer: Somebody asked on their Discord and got this reply:

Hey there! Beyond A Steel Sky on GOG should be absolutely fine with Linux within the next couple of days.
We needed to hold back to put finishing touched on the executable it seems. So you can absolutely buy it now, and then you might have a small update in a few days
brouer:
Sounds good! Looking forward to buying it then. Thanks for the update!
Post edited March 22, 2021 by shmerl
low rated
mechmouse: I know, I also know the Devs also read these pages. This is firmly aimed at Revolution
K then :)
(thanks for the clarification, btw)
Just one word... YAY
truhlik: I want it in pixelated graphics:)
BTW, this reminded me that I still haven't finished first part.
Same, lost opportunity. Or completely in the comic book style. I don't think that and the cellshaded 3D combine well. I played the first one last time with ScummVM on a NDS and if you (still?) have one it's a great way to enjoy classic point and click adventures using the stylus.

pferreira1983: Heard some mixed views on this game and looking at it myself it seems they may have dropped the ball slightly. Definitely getting rid of the point and click interface is one aspect I remember having a problem with.
Same disappointment I had with Yesterday: Origins. If at least they had gotten the new interface right.
Post edited March 23, 2021 by Dogmaus
truhlik: I want it in pixelated graphics:)
BTW, this reminded me that I still haven't finished first part.
Dogmaus: Same, lost opportunity. Or completely in the comic book style. I don't think that and the cellshaded 3D combine well. I played the first one last time with ScummVM on a NDS and if you (still?) have one it's a great way to enjoy classic point and click adventures using the stylus.

pferreira1983: Heard some mixed views on this game and looking at it myself it seems they may have dropped the ball slightly. Definitely getting rid of the point and click interface is one aspect I remember having a problem with.
Dogmaus: Same disappointment I had with Yesterday: Origins. If at least they had gotten the new interface right.
Same here... i have Yesterday: Origins but the new interface is far from user friendly .... many classic got a new interface , usually mouse unfriendly .... some look as if it needs a touch screen, there are many (very) bad interfaces , usually in many new games.

anyway the game is 2016 and my GPU is 2014 so it should run okay, for some reason it stresses the GPU.
high rated
shmerl: What happened to the Linux version?
Linux version is available now. :)
Attachments:
Hustlefan: Linux version is available now. :)
thank you :-D
Dogmaus: Same, lost opportunity. Or completely in the comic book style. I don't think that and the cellshaded 3D combine well. I played the first one last time with ScummVM on a NDS and if you (still?) have one it's a great way to enjoy classic point and click adventures using the stylus.
And play it on a screen that's lower in resolution than the game itself? Is the game scaled down or does it just get missed off the edges?
my name is sadde catte: And play it on a screen that's lower in resolution than the game itself? Is the game scaled down or does it just get missed off the edges?
It's been a while I don't actually ScummVM on a DS but I think it has black borders by default and probably different settings can be chosen. 320x200 to 256 × 192 is no tragedy for me compared to the pleasure of the "book-like" portability and the touch pen. I found it very enjoyable, but that's me of course. That said, nowadays it problably makes more sense to just use a smartphone. I used to do that when I still had a Java phone to be honest. I guess my advice doesn't make a lot of sense anymore in 2021. Oops. Thanks for pointing that out.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by Dogmaus
gamesfreak64: Same here... i have Yesterday: Origins but the new interface is far from user friendly .... many classic got a new interface , usually mouse unfriendly .... some look as if it needs a touch screen, there are many (very) bad interfaces , usually in many new games.
I always find 'direct control' adventures as they call it lack actual control.
ConsulCaesar: [...]
You can play Beneath a Steel Sky on smartphones too. Just install ScummVM; and if you have a phone with a decent sized screen, it is a nice experience.
bhrigu: You can play Beneath a Steel Sky on smartphones too. Just install ScummVM; and if you have a phone with a decent sized screen, it is a nice experience.
As a matter of fact, I started playing the GOG version on my laptop just yesterday! I have already managed to die three times (two of them were intentional to see what would happen though). :D
:)
While the story and artwork are really good, the aspect I remember most fondly is the sound design. Both ambient sound and voice acting was charming in its own way.
bhrigu: You can play Beneath a Steel Sky on smartphones too. Just install ScummVM; and if you have a phone with a decent sized screen, it is a nice experience.
You dont even need a decent sized screen. I completed it years ago on an early form of smartphone with a 2" screen.
gamesfreak64: Same here... i have Yesterday: Origins but the new interface is far from user friendly .... many classic got a new interface , usually mouse unfriendly .... some look as if it needs a touch screen, there are many (very) bad interfaces , usually in many new games.
pferreira1983: I always find 'direct control' adventures as they call it lack actual control.
I had to look it up because the word sounded negative to me ,
Google showed this page

https://www.linguee.com/dutch-english/translation/direct+control.html

and i noticed this sentence:

""Even though you might
not have any direct control over the outcome of the bid, the fact that your husband has connections
[...] ......

:D anyway that sentence sounds as if someone can influence certain outcomes :D