It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce Ukraine Days on GOG – a celebration of Ukrainian developers' creativity and passion for video games!

Here’s some of the deals:
The Sinking City - Deluxe Edition (-80%)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (-75%)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (-75%)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (-75%)
Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - Deluxe Edition (-70%)
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (-90%)
Cossacks 3 (-66%)

…and more!

Ukraine Days end on August 27th, 7 AM UTC. Check it out!
high rated
Any political and off-topic comments here will be met with suspensions from the Forum.
Post edited August 19, 2024 by king_kunat
P-E-S: Because it isn't.
GamezRanker: B-b-but the opening post said...
*brain starts smoking*
Apparently GOG has already corrected their mistake. At least I can't find King's Bounty anymore in the actual sale. It's not the first time they made a mistale in categorizing certain games and it probably won't be the last time ... in any case I don't think that this is a biggie :)
GamezRanker: B-b-but the opening post said...
*brain starts smoking*
MarkoH01: Apparently GOG has already corrected their mistake. At least I can't find King's Bounty anymore in the actual sale. It's not the first time they made a mistale in categorizing certain games and it probably won't be the last time ... in any case I don't think that this is a biggie :)
King's Bounty wasn't listed in this sale.
MarkoH01: Apparently GOG has already corrected their mistake. At least I can't find King's Bounty anymore in the actual sale. It's not the first time they made a mistale in categorizing certain games and it probably won't be the last time ... in any case I don't think that this is a biggie :)
brutaltruth99: King's Bounty wasn't listed in this sale.
I don't have a time machine so I cannot test this myself since I did not look at the sale two hours ago (when it was first mentioned in this forum). For me the only thing that matters is that it is not in the sale right now since it does not belong there.
king_kunat: ** snip **
The timers for individual games for this Ukraine sale reflect the correct end date: Offer ends on: 27/08/2024 09:59 EEST

But the timer located in the top banner of the Ukraine sale page states that the sale will end in 19 hours and 50 minutes, at least that's what I'm seeing on my end.

https://www.gog.com/en/promo/2024_ukraine_days

Not a dramatic error, as the games themselves are on the correct timer. ;)
Attachments:
Post edited August 19, 2024 by matterbandit
brutaltruth99: King's Bounty wasn't listed in this sale.
I think someone just confused the Fulqrum Publishing Publisher Sale with this one. Can easily be an honest mistake, all the indistinct sales often kind of blend into one another for me.
Post edited August 19, 2024 by Breja
Nvm, it was in my recommended games list which showed up when I clicked the link above. Somewhat confusing.
GamezRanker: Nvm, it was in my recommended games list which showed up when I clicked the link above. Somewhat confusing.
The "Recommended for you" games are not part of the sale. Here it shows for example

Dredge, The Knight Witch, Trepang2, Alien Breed 2 : Assault
high rated
GamezRanker: Nvm, it was in my recommended games list which showed up when I clicked the link above. Somewhat confusing.
brutaltruth99: The "Recommended for you" games are not part of the sale. Here it shows for example

Dredge, The Knight Witch, Trepang2, Alien Breed 2 : Assault
Which is just stupendously bad design - you open the page of a specific sale, and near the very top see a bunch of games that are not actually part of that sale, but there is no indication that that's the case.
DNMR2K5: That has the most gorgeous art direction that I've seen in an RTS! ⇐ Admittedly biased! :^)
But yeah, it still holds up to today, as hand-drawn art usually does!
Started playing the second game(armored princess) not too long ago. Only problem for me on win11 was a bug in the starting area where turning the view would crash the game. Not turning the view until after the starting area 'solved' it for me.
brutaltruth99: The "Recommended for you" games are not part of the sale.
Breja: Which is just stupendously bad design - you open the page of a specific sale, and near the very top see a bunch of games that are not actually part of that sale, but there is no indication that that's the case.
Indeed, keep being baffled by it, click a sale page and at the top see games that aren't part of it. Was thinking it was a bug at first, but then realized nope, it's just... GOG...
GamezRanker: Haha???
Hmm, I didn't know King's Bounty was Ukranian. Very nice series.
DNMR2K5: That has the most gorgeous art direction that I've seen in an RTS! ⇐ Admittedly biased! :^)

But yeah, it still holds up to today, as hand-drawn art usually does!
Now I'm not sure about "most", but definitely outstanding, yep. They really put a lot of effort and attention into it, so many little details...
Post edited August 20, 2024 by Cavalary
For anybody looking at the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series for the first time, MAKE SURE to either play in order of release:
SoC
CS
CoP

...or leave Clear Sky until last (its generally considered the weakest and has spoilers for SOC).

Also don't use "complete" mod on first play. Ruins things. :/
high rated
[Part of the message modded: off-topic]

Anyway, indeed on topic, yes many countries got some great games and i hope even those who currently are not contributing a lot, due to different matters, are able to step up "their game", and its development.

Regarding Ukraine`s games, i guess this is no secret that i value "Stalker" clearly the most and Cossacks comes second. Most other games so far i either consider "low quality" or simply not my taste. A lot of people are pointing at Whale Rock and in my opinion those are in general no quality games, although every game may have its lovers.

Indeed Stalker is a great series and one of the best shooter series ever made... i guess i am gonna complete this series soon, now that we have great deals. With Cossacks i think the first "Anthology" is clearly the best Cossacks°° and a great strategy game which is somehow comparable (style and gameplay) to the very first Anno game from the Anno series. The second Cossacks is not that good anymore, yet still a good game. The third one simply graphically can beat it all but somehow the "original atmosphere" is not quite there anymore. On top of that the multiplayer mode is... we can say... DRM because it needs a key. Those keys are not entirely unproblematic as... in the past... we had many users with missing keys due to different reasons. As well the LAN mode got removed on Cossacks 3 for no real reason other than most likely "trying to control who is playing it legally", yet this behavior is pretty much the "accepted standard" nowadays. However... i still do not consider it fair giving this game a very bad rating just because of the multiplayer-key-demand. In fact, there are a bunch of other games with key demand as well... yet without a clear impact on the rating, weird enough. I think people can be biased everywhere and hype plays always a big role. °°I do recommend to play it in 720P, else the graphics gets to small and any good monitor can without issues perfectly scale up this resolution, and it may need Win 7 compatibility mode.

Another good game i may get, almost forgot, is "Heroes of Annihilated Empires", surely a quality game as well. However, i think only 2 classic (Cossacks, Heroes of Annihilated Empires) and indeed Stalker is truly the great real stuff i enjoy a lot.
Post edited August 23, 2024 by king_kunat
Still pondering if I want to bite the bullet and get Sinking City at that price point. Decisions, decisions...

[modded: deleted the off-topic]
Post edited August 23, 2024 by king_kunat
The Stalker series are good for the story. But the meat of the game is the fan made Anomaly.

I do suggest buying the first 3 games before playing Anomaly. Just be aware, that everything is a bullet sponge. Anomaly is MUCH better in terms of mechanics.

Ignoring sponge flaws. They do make for a great set and a nice gift :)
Shmacky-McNuts: The Stalker series are good for the story.
Ignoring sponge flaws. They do make for a great set and a nice gift :)
Thats only if you dont play on MASTER difficulty