It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ🍰🆓🍉-90%🍣-55%🍨-78%🍫-99%🍹🆓
joveian: might get a special event tomorrow
And another miss :-o. I think it has been a while since we went four days with only two news posts. I think I've heard that publishers try not to release too late in December to avoid the release getting swamped by the sales so maybe just that. They could have easily put a few birds on the home page too :(.
Post edited December 12, 2023 by joveian
I haven't seen mysterious present boxes here for a long time. I hope they will return today :)
Started – but broken!
No discounts at the moment :)
Not all games on sale ? I saw that Total Annihilation Kingdoms isn't on sale. This is my first ever big sale on GoG moment, how different this with steam ? Steam has more or less the same list of games on sale from the beginning to end with no surprise, will this applies on GoG too ?

One of my will-purchase game is not on sale (Total Annihilation Kingdoms), will it be on sale later ?
Post edited December 13, 2023 by Andreasqiao
ciemnogrodzianin: Started – but broken!
No discounts at the moment :)
Fixed now. :)
Can't enter some game pages as i only get gog bear. Only the start and gog is already overloaded.
Fonzer: Can't enter some game pages as i only get gog bear. Only the start and gog is already overloaded.
GogBear all the way for me.
ciemnogrodzianin:
Don't forget the list :). Dec 13 - Jan 4.

Chinese New Year is late this year, Feb. 10 (wood dragon). Recently there has been a "we love games" thing around the 14th so good chance they will be combined this year. But will there be anything late January? (I'll guess no). As for the dates, I'll guess they'll make it a bit over a week this time since Feb 10 is Saturday. I guess Feb 9 - 19.
joveian: Don't forget the list :). Dec 13 - Jan 4.
Indeed, forgot, thank you :)
Added.
high rated
Hate to say it, but this is the most boring major sale I've seen since joining GOG around 2015. No activities, puzzles, limited quantity sales, polls, or gaming articles. In fact, visiting the home page shows the Winter Sale as no more special than any weekly or themed sale.
I wholeheartedly agree, and release wise I'm tentatively waiting for next week, because so far the big games are Boltgun (a game we should've gotten day 1) and the Tomb Raider pre-order... uhh yeah I can't contain my excitement
syscrusher: Hate to say it, but this is the most boring major sale I've seen since joining GOG around 2015. No activities, puzzles, limited quantity sales, polls, or gaming articles. In fact, visiting the home page shows the Winter Sale as no more special than any weekly or themed sale.
I would tend to agree... but for different reasons.

I was pretty psyched when I saw 6000+ titles on sale...

... but...

... as I looked through the discounted games...

... many bigger titles were missing from this sale (Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance I & II, Wildermyth, The Banner Saga, etc)...

... and...

... I noticed more than a few sale titles were discounted $8 - $10 less elsewhere!

I'm used to GOG prices being a few bucks higher, but $10 (on sale)?

Yeah, kinda flat sale...

... with the only thing good (last 2 sales... other than the price of A Plague Tale Innocence) being the giveaway games.

And to agree with someone earlier...

... wish GOG would have posted a calendar / schedule for this sale's "events."
Post edited December 16, 2023 by kai2
kai2: ... wish GOG would have posted a calendar / schedule for this sale's "events."
...an Advent calendar with little treats... and event a day for Twelve Days of Christmas...
^ Yes, at least there are the giveaways. GOG isn't even bothering to indicate when the next one will be. I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday. Activities, limited sales, and polls also get us members into the mood to browse around and shop. The giveaways are good in that respect, but the other features provide a festive attitude esp. important during the Christmas season as we look for stuff to treat ourselves with or to buy gifts for friends. Just saying.