It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

carnival73: Gunpoint and A Valley without Wind are awesome but most of that stuff is terrible terrible terrible
Smannesman: Isn't Gunpoint very short?
Also in case nobody mentioned it yet, the developer has matched the Steam price on his page.
I've only put in about forty minutes of game but even if it only turn out to be three hours long it's still worth, at least, six bucks for the original game play - One of those quality or quantity games.
New FPS bundle from Bundlestars. I was excited to see a game I want to get - Sniper Ghost Warrior in it until I realized I own 4 of the games in the bundle already. ;/ It's a half decent bundle though. Hopefully Sniper Ghost Warrior or its sequel will show up in a bundle in the future without games I own! :)

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fps-warriors-bundle
The Humble Store has posted some more debut deals. Somewhat thin on the DRM-free front this time, with just three titles fitting the bill. Notable among them is the whole Alan Wake series for $5.99.
Smannesman: Isn't Gunpoint very short?
Also in case nobody mentioned it yet, the developer has matched the Steam price on his page.
carnival73: I've only put in about forty minutes of game but even if it only turn out to be three hours long it's still worth, at least, six bucks for the original game play - One of those quality or quantity games.
I really enjoyed the demo, but as an unemployed shopaholic I really have to be careful not to get too excited about anything :P

Also, new Bundle of Holding is live, this time the 'theme' is the HERO system:
- Champions Complete
- The HERO System Equipment Guide
- The HERO System Resource Kit
- Fantasy HERO
- Pulp HERO
- Star HERO
Except for the Resource Kit and Pulp Hero all sixth edition.
Post edited November 12, 2013 by Smannesman
Anyone knows of a sale of Euro Truck Simulator 2 anywhere?
trusteft: Anyone knows of a sale of Euro Truck Simulator 2 anywhere?
The Humble Store.
Post edited November 12, 2013 by Smannesman
It's still reduced on the Humble Store, though not as much as yesterday during the debut markdown.
Humble store, today only... $18.74 here
Thank you guys.

I guess I am going to get that bundle with the first game instead.
http://games.on.net/2013/11/gog-celebrates-insomnia-prevents-you-from-sleeping-with-bargains/
Seems like GOG's starting some kind of strange "stock"-limited sale?
It's "...a Fall Insomnia Promo where gamers from all continents will get a chance to buy celebrated games at up to 80% off discounts–and free games in very limited numbers as well.”
“The games will be on sale only one at a time in limited numbers of copies. When the stock of one game–marked on the promo page with a counter–runs out, another game is up.”
Post edited November 12, 2013 by SCPM
"Cypriats"? Wow, a double kill right there. ;)
SCPM: http://games.on.net/2013/11/gog-celebrates-insomnia-prevents-you-from-sleeping-with-bargains/
Seems like GOG's starting some kind of strange "stock"-limited sale?
It's "...a Fall Insomnia Promo where gamers from all continents will get a chance to buy celebrated games at up to 80% off discounts–and free games in very limited numbers as well.”
“The games will be on sale only one at a time in limited numbers of copies. When the stock of one game–marked on the promo page with a counter–runs out, another game is up.”
Page not found
Original link doesnt work. Google cache seems to pull up as follows :
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://games.on.net/2013/11/gog-celebrates-insomnia-prevents-you-from-sleeping-with-bargains/&strip=1

"GOG celebrates Insomnia, prevents you from sleeping with bargains

Tweet
gogterview-4
So many deals you stay awake thinking about it.

By Alex Walker on November 13, 2013 at 10:40 am

Good Old Games has a lot of games. Too many games. Occasionally put some on sale which is great, because it saves me the time from having to parse their entire library.

In my inbox today, I find that the cheeky Cypriats have gone and buggered that all up by, well, putting what seems like everything on sale. “To celebrate the diversity of its worldwide audience GOG.com has launched a trans time-zone deal: a Fall Insomnia Promo where gamers from all continents will get a chance to buy celebrated games at up to 80% off discounts–and free games in very limited numbers as well.”

Blimey. The subtitle reads “100 blockbuster games at budget prices”, as if selling for the cost of two cans of Red Bull wasn’t cheap enough already. Some of the highlights of the sale, starting from tomorrow, include System Shock 2, Fez, Rayman Origins, Alpha Centauri and Hotline Miami. But the real fun of the exercise is the limited availability of it all. “The games will be on sale only one at a time in limited numbers of copies. When the stock of one game–marked on the promo page with a counter–runs out, another game is up.”
Post edited November 12, 2013 by nijuu
Good Old GOG. Taking us back to the days of limited stocks in the store and all it's splendour!
Post edited November 12, 2013 by Pheace
Crassmaster: Not sure about the computer game, but the board game it's based on is excellent. It's a nice little Eastern front tactical game that involves random damages to units, unit facing and a pile of other bits without turning the game into an overcomplicated mess.
johnki: Turns out that, despite 90% of the Matrix catalog not having demos, this one had a demo. So I gave it a go in multiplayer with my girlfriend. It's relatively simple but a bit hard to get into due to having a snail's pace (even on the small Partisans map I tried) caused mostly by only being able move one unit per turn.

Then there's the fact that turns are separated into larger segments of battle, also confusingly called turns. I spent 20 minutes or so of the time I played unsuccessfully searching the manual for how AP recovered when it turns out I just had to wait until the next turn. Accidentally skipped half of one on my turns because I didn't understand the turn system and thought that skipping a turn might recover AP or something since nothing else seemed to be working and I was quickly running low on CAPs.

Once I had learned that, though, it all became a lot simpler from there.

Another thing I didn't like was the extremely low chance of hitting an opposing unit unless they're facing away from you and you're pretty much standing on their tile. Not being able to eliminate soldiers quickly made the slow pace seem even slower.

Despite all of that, however, I have to give the interface a lot of credit. It's clean and simple and something you don't see in a lot of wargames.

The biggest problem by far was setting the game up. For some reason, even after I set up a server, it wouldn't let us connect over the LAN. We had to use the online lobby.

I'm going to give it another shot later. Going back, I'll probably have adapted to the pace a bit and then I can judge it a bit better.
That sounds fairly similar to the board game as well. Once you figure out that you need to use your units in the right order to maximize efficiency, the AP/CAP system works well. Remember that sometimes it's the right move to sacrifice a lesser unit to force an enemy to fire on them. Then they're ripe for the picking for your better squads and vehicles to tear into. :)

Destroying units through absolute elimination is (and historically was) rare without close combat, but you can still take down a unit by breaking their morale or what not. Concentrating fire is key, too. Open gaps in the enemy line and exploit them. The Eastern Front was more than a bit of a meat grinder, and you're never going to both succeed and save every unit under your command.
nijuu: snip
"GOG celebrates Insomnia, prevents you from sleeping with bargains

Tweet
gogterview-4
So many deals you stay awake thinking about it.

By Alex Walker on November 13, 2013 at 10:40 am

Good Old Games has a lot of games. Too many games. Occasionally put some on sale which is great, because it saves me the time from having to parse their entire library.

In my inbox today, I find that the cheeky Cypriats have gone and buggered that all up by, well, putting what seems like everything on sale. “To celebrate the diversity of its worldwide audience GOG.com has launched a trans time-zone deal: a Fall Insomnia Promo where gamers from all continents will get a chance to buy celebrated games at up to 80% off discounts–and free games in very limited numbers as well.”

Blimey. The subtitle reads “100 blockbuster games at budget prices”, as if selling for the cost of two cans of Red Bull wasn’t cheap enough already. Some of the highlights of the sale, starting from tomorrow, include System Shock 2, Fez, Rayman Origins, Alpha Centauri and Hotline Miami. But the real fun of the exercise is the limited availability of it all. “The games will be on sale only one at a time in limited numbers of copies. When the stock of one game–marked on the promo page with a counter–runs out, another game is up.”
And with "tomorrow" being Thursday, we've got at least one more night's sleep.
Very curious how this will play out and for how long.