It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gnostic: It says here that female PC gamers also outnumber males.
djdarko: I don't believe any of that for a second.

Almost every guy I've ever met has liked video games, even jocks. On the otherhand I've known 2 girl gamers, they were both chubby chicks that liked RPGs.

But hey, don't take my word for it, ask yourself what the ratio of girl to guy gamers you know in real life.
I can believe that the gender ratio of gamers is equal now. But back when I was a kid there definitely was way, way more guy gamers than girls. I was always a major anomaly.

And FWIW, it was other girls (non-geeky ones) that gave me crud for liking games and other geeky things. The guys were always fine with it. Or even happy that I actually liked games versus picking on them for liking them. (So I really can't stand the whole "guy geeks don't like girl geeks!" rhetoric nowadays. It just simply isn't true. It was always other women who thought being a geek was mockworthy and stuff that only "manchildren" liked.)

Also, I'm a chubby girl who likes turn-based RPGs. ;) (Not into MMORPG stuff.) Though I mainly like adventure games, and also turn-based strategy games.

OK, really going to bed this time.
Geralt_of_Rivia: I have asked twice before in this thread how good the game actually is because it sounds interesting. But since I have not received any reply at all it seems hardly anyone has played the game. And that does make one have second thoughts...
Matruchus: Its not that nobody has played the game. Its just its so complex that it lacks any reasonable explanation. The easiest thing to explain is the enjoyable fighting style that works part real time/part tbs. Basically you set the speed, which weapon you will fire and how strong your shields are and the way where the ship will go. You have missions where you try to steal technology to deliver it to undeveloped civilizations, you fight pirates. Basically you play as the last surviving Hydra trying to unite the people of the solar system anyway you would like. Its a diplomatic, stealthy, fighting game. Its highly recommended but since Arcen likes to develop Hybrid games its hard to explain what it is.
I know Arcen games and their game hybrids and I love AVWW 1 (the second one not so much though). I have also read about the game and watched Let's plays of it.

But I'm still unsure if I would like it and that's why I'm interested in the opinion of people who have played it.
Jeysie: *clicks Buy Now button*

I'm free! Free! Free like the wind!

...*crawls back into bed*
Torin68: ... and Jeysie predicts 6 more weeks of winter :P
Ha! I'm in Massachusetts, I'm fully prepared to believe winter is just going to last the rest of the year.
Does anybody know, what games are left in 2nd round in the Fresh section?
Post edited March 06, 2015 by opeter2
@Jeysie: LOL ... agreed! Have a good sleep!
Post edited March 06, 2015 by Torin68
opeter2: Does anybody know, what games are left in 2nd round in the Fresh section?
Lost track of the latest remainder list (plus it's probably a few behind), but here's the big one you can check things against.
http://birdiesoft.dk/insomniaspring2015.php?loc=AU_AUD
DyNaer: check your PM :)
Thank you for doing this!
I've got to wait at least an hour to speak to a human about fixing my credit card and reassure them that it hasn't been stolen and is being used to fund Kickstarters and buy games. ;_;
What can I do to repay you?
whoa ! Little Big Adventure is the little game that could be a wannabe nox
wizardofid: whoa ! Little Big Adventure is the little game that could be a wannabe nox
A fellow South African!
Getcomposted: Thank you for doing this!
I've got to wait at least an hour to speak to a human about fixing my credit card and reassure them that it hasn't been stolen and is being used to fund Kickstarters and buy games. ;_;
What can I do to repay you?
it's ok as i said, enjoy the game :), i hope you won't have trouble with your bank, such think could suck :/
Post edited March 06, 2015 by DyNaer
wizardofid: whoa ! Little Big Adventure is the little game that could be a wannabe nox
Except for the fact (If GOG's release dates are right) LBA2 was made 3 years before Nox.
Don't be Myst next.
Don't be Myst next.
Yes! It's not Myst! \O/
Post edited March 06, 2015 by Getcomposted
Jenkinz: A fellow South African!
what a nice surprise hello brother from another mother ;)
opeter2: Does anybody know, what games are left in 2nd round in the Fresh section?
Just Raven and Qube.

So...probably another 8 hours?
Matruchus: Its not that nobody has played the game. Its just its so complex that it lacks any reasonable explanation. The easiest thing to explain is the enjoyable fighting style that works part real time/part tbs. Basically you set the speed, which weapon you will fire and how strong your shields are and the way where the ship will go. You have missions where you try to steal technology to deliver it to undeveloped civilizations, you fight pirates. Basically you play as the last surviving Hydra trying to unite the people of the solar system anyway you would like. Its a diplomatic, stealthy, fighting game. Its highly recommended but since Arcen likes to develop Hybrid games its hard to explain what it is.
Geralt_of_Rivia: I know Arcen games and their game hybrids and I love AVWW 1 (the second one not so much though). I have also read about the game and watched Let's plays of it.

But I'm still unsure if I would like it and that's why I'm interested in the opinion of people who have played it.
If you have money to spare and want to play something rather unique go for it!
I have LF from another sale and have no regrets having bought it.
It's actually lots of fun to me at least when you gain more power and can plot all kinds of mad shit and get away with it.
And you are supposed to be the good guy :)