It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

klappis: What's so special about it?
Nothing. Just how long it took to sell out last time.

The game is neither great nor awful. There is truly nothing special about it. Thats just part of the charm of the legend: That such a mediocre game could become such a big deal.
stg83: The game is no more on GOG, but the Legend lives on. :)
klappis: What's so special about it? Is it just because it took hours to sell out?
It gave many people much needed sleep.
klappis: What's so special about it? Is it just because it took hours to sell out?
Its not so much that it took so long but the aftermath of it which resulted in camaraderie and comedy among those that suffered through the experience which created a phenomenon now referred to as the Keaning. The game itself though is alright I guess.
When you have an Insomnia sale (miss out on dozens of games when you sleep) and then comes one game and stays on the front page for long enough to get a good dose of sleep (basically breaking the sale's concept), then, yes, this makes it something VERY special.
VideoGrames presents:
'GOG Insomnia Sale Countdown 2 - The Curse of Jack Keane'
This video has been sped up 30x. Imagine how long the wait was in real time...

https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/400835622191239168
JayAird: Wait for it guys,
I got one!,
Kentucky thingy, and what's more it's a game I wanted!!!

Yay, so excited I might actually play a game for once
Ok, now hand me all the luck that you have left I'll need it.
XD
congrats
Y'know, I hope that from now on, people will start necro-ing this thread with "When will the next sale be?" and "Bring the Keane-ing!" instead of the older one.

Maybe the blues will finally lock that one. :)
JayAird: Wait for it guys,
I got one!,
Kentucky thingy, and what's more it's a game I wanted!!!

Yay, so excited I might actually play a game for once
LiefLayer: Ok, now hand me all the luck that you have left I'll need it.
XD
congrats
hand it to you? - nope,
you may borrow it however
hummer010: My first purchase was early on day 1 - I picked up Among the Sleep. I came into the forums, and saw people talking about getting freebies. I went back to the main page, clicked on the one game listed that I already owned, and bam, critical hit - I got a freebie. I have literally, clicked on every game I have seen since then at least once, and have yet to get another crit. Were it not for that first one, I'd think they were a myth too. Adds to the fun of the sale though!
And after checking the list, I see I have missed it not once but twice. What an ironically named game to missing during an Insomnia sale :D
Prediction time ladies and gentleman! When do you think X-Wing and Tie Fighter will show up again? I need to plan my work :-)
Anyone know if Kerbal Space Program has ever been on sale at the infamous site?
high rated
Tarnicus: And after checking the list, I see I have missed it not once but twice. What an ironically named game to missing during an Insomnia sale :D
Check your PM
high rated
I see not much moved since I left. And IAmSinistar's not on yet, so I'll continue updating the list here to save him some backtracking.
NoooOooOOOOooooooOOOooo!

I had my alarm all set to wake me up at various points in the night so I could check sales and I never started it! I was Insomnia-ed!!!

Where's the list of what I missed???
Ixamyakxim: NoooOooOOOOooooooOOOooo!

I had my alarm all set to wake me up at various points in the night so I could check sales and I never started it! I was Insomnia-ed!!!

Where's the list of what I missed???
http://birdiesoft.dk/insomniaspring2015.php?loc=DK_USD
Post edited March 04, 2015 by huN73R