It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

j0ekerr: Nah, that one can't be used anymore, ABC and J.J. Abrams got a patent on it.
MarkoH01: Why J.J. Abrahms? In Lost it wasn't a dream.
Grr...last season of lost....grr
Tarnicus: I get the same thing. Has it worked for anyone who uses Barefoot Essentials? I wonder if that could be the difference.
I have Barefoot Essentials, and I'm seeing OWNED unless I mouse-over to purchase.
X-Wing purchased - to bed I may go :-D
high rated
Leroux: That's pretty awesome of you to show up here on the forums and discuss the game, and also a clever move, as it makes me more inclined to purchase the season pass, even though I meant to hold off on it a little longer. ;)

Since you're here already, would you mind answering two more questions? First, is the game's story just split into chapters that end in the middle of it, possibly with cliffhangers, or are the chapters also self-contained, telling a full short story each, like The Walking Dead? And second, I read that some users complained about performance issues, even if their PCs were way above the minimum requirements - are they just out of luck or will there be future patches that may help to improve or optimize the performance?

Thanks!
Thanks for the friendly welcome!

No, our episodes — we call 'em books because we like to be contrary — aren't as self-contained as The Walking Dead ones. Book One got some criticism because of this: it felt like the start of something, rather than a full arc.

But whether or not you agree with this, it was intentional. We structured our story this way on purpose. We're doing it differently.

We have listened to our players, however, and Book Two was expanded (and delayed) to include a few full arcs, making it a lot more episodic and self-contained. Playing books one + two should give you a very 'complete' experience…although one with a definite cliffhanger.

I love my cliffhangers. Sorry.

As for performance, we have released several patches already, which made a pretty big difference for a lot of players. We are hitting a wall with our engine, however, so until we can upgrade to the latest version — which may or may not happen in the near future — it won't get that much better. We've really pushed the tech to its limits…but most players seem to be having a decent-to-good experience now, for what it's worth.

Hope that answered your questions!
Fantasysci5: Grr...last season of lost....grr
I thought it was brilliant!
X-Wing jumped into the hyperspace again!

Repeat Seasoned deal: Vangers (-75%) [100]
HypersomniacLive: Fun fact - it says the exact same thing even when I'm NOT hovering over the button.
There's no state in which it tells me that I own a game, not on the front page and not on the game page where it lets me even wishlist it.
Only page it's clear if I own a game or not is the checkout page.

*snip*
Tarnicus: I get the same thing. Has it worked for anyone who uses Barefoot Essentials? I wonder if that could be the difference.
I'm using Barefoot Essentials and my owned / not owned labels work.
Oh yay, my first free game after buying a few and clicking on almost every game so far (minus short sleep sequence)... and it is X-Wing too! =)
genkicolleen: I have Barefoot Essentials, and I'm seeing OWNED unless I mouse-over to purchase.
I have BE on Chrome, and I'm not seeing the "owned' label at all. I was yesterday, but at some point last night or this morning it stopped showing.
Lemon_Curry: Can you play Dreamfall without any having played any of the previous games?
RagnarTornquist: We like to think so! We've also included a video recap of the previous game in the series to help new players get started.
Did not expect ragnar to be here. That's pretty awesome. I have backed DF chapters back during the kickstarter and watched the celebrations and even watched a great deal of the dreamfall playthrough ultra stream you guys did. Even got my comment immortalised by you guys by mentioning me. It was a super awesome ride and I enjoyed book 1 a lot! Thanks for all your work!
high rated
Dalthnock: Speaking of which, I have a bone to pick with you guys about Age of Conan, from way back in 2009-10. Where is my Rhino??? And that other thing I don't remember 'cuz I don't play that game anymore?

Bottom line - if you don't include a Rhino mount in Dreamfall Chapters, there'll be hell to pay. I want to ride a damned rhinoceros, if it's the last thing I do.

So yes. A rhinoceros. Make it so, please.

Cheers!
I don't work for Funcom anymore and I had nothing to do with Age of Conan, but because you ask nicely and because I feel guilty for everything I've ever been even remotely associated with, I'll get you your damn rhino.

Look for a rhinoceros in an upcoming Dreamfall Chapters book. Can't promise it'll be a live rhino, or even a whole rhino, but rhino bits in some shape or form will be produced, or so help me God— I mean GOG.
Fantasysci5: Grr...last season of lost....grr
genkicolleen: I thought it was brilliant!
Always bothered me that Michael wasn't allowed to move on, when everyone else pretty much had killed people as well. -_-

Sorry derailment. Come on King of Dragon Pass!
This time I've got X-Wing and Vangers, those sure are going fast.

Just noticed, that X-Wing doesn't have the old CD version here. :/
Repeat Seasoned deal: Battle Isle Platinum (-75%) [150]
I'm considering picking up assasin's creed next time it shows up. Are there any good mods for the game?