It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

xep624: I didn't expect that at all. Heaps of keaning in last 16 hours... I hope that the Insomnia Sale will continue until the end of round 3...
I hope it's going to be less than a week... However maybe things will speed up again soon. Some people are waiting for Grimrock 2, I'm waiting for Shadowrun Returns and maybe some docos
Tarnicus: Thanks mate, that will go well with certain creative writing. I always write to music :)
MarkoH01: I take it the music you are listening to runs backwards?
Haha I've had the maximum rep gains for today, and it has been stuck on this "magic number" since this morning. Thanks once again to Grargar for recording the moment (see screenshot below) :)

I'm actually listening to Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy after listening to the song I remember my grandfather by. I need to balance out the sadness with joy as often as possible, and yet still allow myself to feel what is within and release it, without focusing on it like I used to :)
Attachments:
opticq: Oh man, I don't normally share personal info on the web but I just got news my last living grandparent is in the hospital. :(
Tarnicus: Aw I am sorry to hear that :( I lost my last remaining grandparent last year and I still miss the old bugger dearly. I did everything I could to fly to see him to say goodbye, and am glad we had that last goodbye. I hope that your grandparent "gets well soon" and that you have an opportunity to see them :)
I am sorry to hear that as well. I miss mine tons, and this year's anniversary of his passing will be the 10th. Lived with him practically my whole life except for the time I was away at college. We had our differences and he had his faults, but his positives outshone the negatives for me. Hope yours makes a speedy recovery and is around for a long time to come!
MeganSC: Isn't this time during the run-up to spring just wonderful? :)
Don't know as I haven't seen daylight for almost a week now. @__@
Tarnicus: I let the greedy nature of others have me stop gifting at one stage, and have since found a balance through observation and interaction where I still feel comfortable giving. I don't gift publicly so much anymore, however it won't stop me sharing. Sometimes deception from others get the better of me, however it is worth the risk as I find the Insomnia threads and community in general on these forums to be wonderful forums companions. Someone can only take what one gives, and we all set out own boundaries. One cannot give more than one chooses to. Just be smart about it and selective, and aware that there are people here with multiple accounts who take as much as they can. And then there are those who give so much and are almost impossible to find a gift for, as they almost always refuse.

The generosity from many in this community, especially during the Insomnia sales, creates a wonderful atmosphere, and it isn't worth letting a few rotten ones spoil all the fun :)
Well said sir =)

cecil: As for Soundtracks I have to go with Bastion and Burn:Cycle as some of my favorite albums. Escape goat and Blocks that matter are also good games and soundtracks
Those are some fine Soundtracks I have to agree :)
There are so many great Video Game Soundtracks. You can basicly hear them at any time and even in the background. When it comes to games you also have a great selection of gernes from Orchestral to Chiptune or even Rock. The soundtracks are one of the reasons why I love games as a form of media so much.

MarkoH01: If you like this game from Terry Cavanagh you should take a look at (imo) his masterpiece "Super Hexagon". Each game usually lasts about a few seconds only (especially your first tries) but you are into hours of gameplay pretty much. Less than a game more like a drug for me - even it it seems to be unmanagable at first. Hey, he shows how easy it is himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ96olZr8DE

Edit: And it's also chiptune soundtrack.
Already played that one :)
It is a good game though quite hard. The soundtrack is great and you sink ALLOT of time in ^^

Tarnicus: I have really enjoyed listening to this radio station so far, especially the Chiptunes. Cheers for mentioning it again :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: If you like Chiptunes you should listen to Slay Radio.
Gonna give it a shot :)

Tarnicus: As this is a topic being discussed with multiple people remembering special "old folk" in their lives, I will share something I wrote on these forums last year when my last remaining grandparent died. Here is my farewell to him. I miss the old bugger and will be thinking of him and his love and teachings when on my sojourn :)
What I do regret is not talking with her more about her past. She talked allot about it, but only pieces so I don't have a clear picture of it. I always enjoyed the visits, but maybe I should have visited her more often. I just forgot it quite often or didn't have the time :/
MarkoH01: I take it the music you are listening to runs backwards?
Tarnicus: Haha I've had the maximum rep gains for today, and it has been stuck on this "magic number" since this morning. Thanks once again to Grargar for recording the moment (see screenshot below) :)
Don't worry - the reason the number don't change anymore certainly have nothing to do with the bribe I've given to the GOG stuff ;)

Tarnicus: I'm actually listening to Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy after listening to the song I remember my grandfather by. I need to balance out the sadness with joy as often as possible, and yet still allow myself to feel what is within and release it, without focusing on it like I used to :)
Great song and some still don't know that there is not a single instrument in it.
I hope your Grandpa will stay with you for a long time Tarnicus and that he will make a recovery. And I'm sorry to hear that he's not well.
Someone please tell me I woke up just in time for the Grimrock double feature.
TrevorWilliams: Someone please tell me I woke up just in time for the Grimrock double feature.
That would be bad for LOG1 haha
Post edited March 07, 2015 by opticq
Tarnicus: I have really enjoyed listening to this radio station so far, especially the Chiptunes. Cheers for mentioning it again :)
The_Blog: I highly recommend the VVVVVV soundtrack to you then. The album is called PPPPPP. I really like the track "Positive Force".
I've got the game on Steam and hopefully the soundtrack is in there somewhere. It is a tiny download(69mb) so perhaps not? I'll see if I can find it elsewhere to listen to if I do not have it :)
TrevorWilliams: Someone please tell me I woke up just in time for the Grimrock double feature.
Grimrock 2 will come up sooner or later :)
Hammerwatch is no longer watching us.

Fresh too deal: Spacecom (-75%) [300]
MeganSC: Isn't this time during the run-up to spring just wonderful? :)
stg83: Don't know as I haven't seen daylight for almost a week now. @__@
The room I am based in at work is in the centre of the building with no windows, so during the week I crave daylight. Its always a nice treat when it's sunny at the weekend, especially in England :P
The_Blog: Those are some fine Soundtracks I have to agree :)
There are so many great Video Game Soundtracks. You can basicly hear them at any time and even in the background. When it comes to games you also have a great selection of gernes from Orchestral to Chiptune or even Rock. The soundtracks are one of the reasons why I love games as a form of media so much.
Have you heard about the Video Games Live concerts? I had the pleasure to see one of their shows in Malaysia a few years ago and it was absolutely fantastic, a truly unforgettable experience for people that love Video games and their soundtracks. I would encourage everyone to go see it live if they get the opportunity. :)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by stg83
Spacecom? I haven't seen that game in this promo at all - maybe I'm too sleepy? It has awesome trailer with really deep bass (if you have a subwoofer...).