It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MeganSC: I wasn't intending on posting on the forums when I made that username, I signed up purely to spend money...
Welcome to the club. I have no idea what i was thinking when I typed this name.
I have always used Dreki (in some form ) on most forums except City of Heroes I took Mapserver as a joke.
JDelekto: I'm trying to be cautious and wait to see who ends up on top (kind of like VHS vs. BetaMax or DVD-HD vs. Blu-Ray). :-)
Tekkaman-James: Keep in mind that Nvidia and Valve have only just announced their entry into the VR world, so Oculus still has a leg up on them in terms of R&D and 3rd-Party support. Sony's headset is only going to be compatible with the PS4, so that kinda takes it out of the running by default. All the other outliers of the industry are still two steps behind the Rift development-wise. Samsung's GearVR is the first modern headset to come to market, but since the processing power of the Galaxy S4 is limited in comparison to a PC, it's more of a novelty/preview of what the Rift will be once it comes out, potentially, at the end of the year.

Still, more power to you. Waiting for the dust to settle is a fine tactic. One that backers of HD-DVD could certainly appreciate. ^_^
Well, I have been buying Nvidia hardware for quite some time and I think that's one thing they have going for them is the hardware. If anything, they have the resources to come out with something really great.

Now, while not for VR, the Avegant Glyph is new technology using DLP instead of the LCD technology, quality of image is much better.

Nvidia has also been adding 3D support to their drivers for quite some time, so they may have a pretty good technology foot-hold. I'm kind of pulling for them to develop something quickly and high-quality.
The_Blog: Gonna grab some sleep. Good night guys. :)
Good night.
j0ekerr: I don't know a single person who owns a bluray player nor has plans to.
PS3 + PS4. I even have a small collection of 3D Blus. I particularly enjoy the combo packs that are available. Blu Ray for when my internet is acting up at home (not often, but it does happen), DVD for when I go on vacation, Digital for when I'm to damn lazy to switch disks.
stg83: I wish you the best of luck for this noble endeavor budejovice, you like many other nice people here certainly deserve one. :)

So are you listening GOG RNG Freebie Algorithm, stop being so cruel to all these genuinely good folks and let them get a crit already. ;)
budejovice: After your recent crit (Door Kickers?), I believe you are in tune with the algorithm, so I appreciate you applying your skills to rest of us! :)
It's okay Bude, we have a small corner where us non-critters are staying. We can see all the critters and share the crit envy between us.
trentonlf: I most certainly did :)
Haha yeah, there is definitely nothing wrong with that. I just like reminding you about how much fun it was now and then with that great trailer. ;)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by stg83
Google play is turning 3; free "fast and furious" fyi

Edit: at least in my location, could be different elsewhere
Post edited March 07, 2015 by ArtisticMinstrel
j0ekerr: I don't know a single person who owns a bluray player nor has plans to.
MrBanballow: PS3 + PS4. I even have a small collection of 3D Blus. I particularly enjoy the combo packs that are available. Blu Ray for when my internet is acting up at home (not often, but it does happen), DVD for when I go on vacation, Digital for when I'm to damn lazy to switch disks.
I have a PS3, I think the only two BluRays I have are Up and Megamind.
j0ekerr: My main concern with the Rift right now is the..."you have 2 new friend requests, Johnny posted a funny picture of his cat, like this on facebook"

I fear it might happen one day.
Your opinion is certainly valid. However, I had the same fears when Disney bought Marvel and that coupling has only resulted in good things for both sides. Facebook gives Oculus a level of "buying power" that they never had as an indy start-up. Since the buyout, they have amassed a dream-team of developers and gained access to technology and hardware that would have been out of reach otherwise.
JDelekto: I'm trying to be cautious and wait to see who ends up on top (kind of like VHS vs. BetaMax or DVD-HD vs. Blu-Ray). :-)
j0ekerr: In the DVD-HD vs BluRay war, the winner was Netflix.

I don't know a single person who owns a bluray player nor has plans to.
I got one plus a PS3 and plenty of Bluray discs. I always buy them in sales when they are around 10€. And i got box sets of The Lord of The Rings Extended Version, Back to the Future and Dark Knight trilogy, Game of Thrones Seasons 1-4 and the complete series of Breaking Bad. Also a bunch of anime, mostly Miyazaki stuff plus the 3 Rebuild of Evangelion movies.
stg83: Haha yeah, it is most definitely nothing to wrong with that. I just like reminding you about how much fun it was now and then with that great trailer. ;)
The trailer did make me laugh :-D
Tarnicus: Gah you guys have gotten me to 666 rep! I said last night that if that were to happen, I would be banished to the underworld!

*Tarnicus begins casting Ward: Dimensional Shield*
Grargar: Screencapped for eternity. >:D
Reminds me of when I used to listen to Iron Maiden as a teenager :)
ElTerprise: Good night.
Good night The_Blog!
What? I come home and you go to sleep? This can`t be coincidence, this is a conspiracy!
Somehow I think that I wrote coincidence wrong, but maybe it`s only the alcohol?!?
Tekkaman-James: I own a PS3 and about 30 Blu-Ray movies. Does that count?
Barely, but I suppose it might.

But just by looking at the price tags, you can easily tell that bluray movies are having a much harder time selling than their DVD counterparts had at this point in their lifetime.

trentonlf: I have a BluRay player and a couple hundred movies to play on it :-P
That makes you the first person I know with a dedicated bluray player.

You might be a cinephile, but I've noticed that around me, most people have no idea what 1080 or 720 means, they think that all flatscreen TVs are the same and don't know what HD-ready or full HD means. They are able to notice the difference of course, but they don't see it.