It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone have any recommendations out of the remaining games that fit these criteria:

~$5 US or less sale price
Linux friendly (either actual Linux version or no major issues using Wine)
something that will run on my humble geforce 8400gs (only 256MB...sad I know)

?
Coelocanth: If GOG still had - or in future decides to again implement - signature blocks, I think I'll use this.
Kinda sexy :-D
high rated
InaneKorruption: Is Among the Sleep atmospheric scary or cheap jumpscare scary? After playing System Shock 2 I absolutely loathe cheap jump scares. I'm not looking to buy it as both BG1 and BG2 are on my backlog with a ton of other games. If it is atmospheric scary though, I might consider buying it some time down the line.

Just for trentonlf: Don't gift me this. There are no hints whatsoever of me wanting this game. It's a simple question.
Ha! Trent's gonna need an alt account to gift soon. :)
Praymettin: So the seasoned games came to last. Did "Vangers" even passed up in the last round?
Yes it did: 2015-03-05 20:34:51: Vangers EUR 1.39 (EUR 5.39) [75%] (200 copies)
JDelekto: I'm trying to be cautious and wait to see who ends up on top (kind of like VHS vs. BetaMax or DVD-HD vs. Blu-Ray). :-)
Keep in mind that Nvidia and Valve have only just announced their entry into the VR world, so Oculus still has a leg up on them in terms of R&D and 3rd-Party support. Sony's headset is only going to be compatible with the PS4, so that kinda takes it out of the running by default. All the other outliers of the industry are still two steps behind the Rift development-wise. Samsung's GearVR is the first modern headset to come to market, but since the processing power of the Galaxy S4 is limited in comparison to a PC, it's more of a novelty/preview of what the Rift will be once it comes out, potentially, at the end of the year.

Still, more power to you. Waiting for the dust to settle is a fine tactic. One that backers of HD-DVD could certainly appreciate. ^_^
JDelekto: I really, really, REALLY want to get a VR headset, but I got burned in the past with the VFX-1 (which I still have in my closet) and my only concern with current VR technology is that (maybe due to my ignorance) it doesn't seem like there is any standardization and it is still an "exploratory" area which now has a couple big players in the arena.

I'm trying to be cautious and wait to see who ends up on top (kind of like VHS vs. BetaMax or DVD-HD vs. Blu-Ray). :-)
I am in the same boat. I want to get a VR headset but I know whatever one I get will be the one that fails.
I am going to hold off until Star Citizen in finished before looking into the best one for me
dgwake: I am in the same boat. I want to get a VR headset but I know whatever one I get will be the one that fails.
I am going to hold off until Star Citizen in finished before looking into the best one for me
Oculus Rift looks pretty good, I would love to have one :)
Dajjer: Anyone ever play Among the Sleep with a VR headset? It was a big deal when the game was designed but I have not heard anything since.
Tekkaman-James: I have not done so yet, but I intend to soon. I don't personally have a Rift, but my best friend has one and I will be trying it out the next time I go to his house. Keep in mind that it was originally built around the DK1 version of the headset, so it takes a bit of tweaking to get it to work with the DK2. The devs said they were going to patch in DK2 compatibility a few months ago, but there has been no updates on the subject in quite a while.
Thanks. And thanks for the VR update. I know no one with a Rift but post on the boards when you try it out.
InaneKorruption: Just for trentonlf: Don't gift me this. There are no hints whatsoever of me wanting this game. It's a simple question.
Coelocanth: If GOG still had - or in future decides to again implement - signature blocks, I think I'll use this.
Indeed, a disclaimer for trentonlf will have to be added along with every post referring to any particular game. :P
InaneKorruption: Just for trentonlf: Don't gift me this. There are no hints whatsoever of me wanting this game. It's a simple question.
Not that I know trentonlf, but something similar might suit me at times as well. A lot of gifting goes on at GOG, and I don't want to sound like 'When was XYZ?' type question to appear like asking for freebies. Would make me less concerned about my wording, anyway.
The_Blog: Well you just gave away the whole story twist of the game. And it is my favourite game so I am bound to be a bit thin-skinned when it comes to Spellforce ;)
Manse: The only reason ANYONE knows that I gave away the plot twist is because you brought it to everyone's attention that I had spoiled it...way to go.
Not to mention the spoiler likely won't sink in for anyone who hasn't already started playing. It's not like announcing spoilers for a show EVERYONE is watching and already has context for.

By the same token, I'm not watching GoT, and of the hundreds of spoilers I've heard Red Wedding is the only one that's actually stuck. Who is good vs. bad? I have no idea.
high rated
mm3n: Anyone else feeling among the sleep already?
Not yet, but if I finish my bottle of wine and it's still here, then we'll start having a problem.

Coelocanth: It's just that those tentacles sometimes aren't all warm and fuzzy... and I'm starting to become afraid that my backlog may just begin to play itself. And where would that leave me?

Oh, and call off that husky! Who let the dog out? Who? Who?
You could always start a new backlog....

foxworks: *peeks inside grab bag*
I'd really like to see the size of that bag one day...

budejovice: Ha! Trent's gonna need an alt account to gift soon. :)
This might also apply to you too, mister! ;-)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: I'd really like to see the size of that bag one day...
It's a bag of holding.
InaneKorruption: ... After playing System Shock 2 I absolutely loathe cheap jump scares. I'm not looking to buy it as both BG1 and BG2 are on my backlog with a ton of other games....
I absolutely love cheap jump scares! Just not if it's the 50,000th cat jumping out of a cupboard shrieking....
Manse: The only reason ANYONE knows that I gave away the plot twist is because you brought it to everyone's attention that I had spoiled it...way to go.
bler144: Not to mention the spoiler likely won't sink in for anyone who hasn't already started playing. It's not like announcing spoilers for a show EVERYONE is watching and already has context for.

By the same token, I'm not watching GoT, and of the hundreds of spoilers I've heard Red Wedding is the only one that's actually stuck. Who is good vs. bad? I have no idea.
And if it does sink in, I am humbly sorry if the game was ruined for anyone. It's my favorite game at the moment, also...
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Manse