It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good moaning.

So after getting my first bundle of holding I discovered one of the files included was an epub.

I've spent a couple of days reformatting it into something actually presentable. The quotes for example, were all pushed to the end of the chapters. By now it's as good as it's gonna get and it actually looks pretty cool on my nook. Had a bit of a problem with tables. But I came up with a way to implement them that looks rather neat.

I've however been very unkind with the staff at Adobe lately, due to the fact that the software the nook uses to render text, doesn't support the margin:auto property.

I still think anyone can do their mothers by a motel dumpster for a dollar.

But why would I waste time doing that if I have a perfectly formatted and typeset pdf file that shows me the text as if it were an actual book?

It's something to do.

Plus I get to practice some CSS, aaaand I'm kinda insane that way.

In other news, one of the activities for this semester is to take a picture that we think represents economics.

I'm going to photograph a pile of horseshit.

I'm not being facetious.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by j0ekerr
ElTerprise: 90000 :D
AgentBirdnest: Congrats \o/
This calls for a celebratory burning!! >:-)
And heeeere's your badge! :-)
http://rlv.zcache.com.au/pi_ro_7_5_cm_round_badge-r15d7fff13d0f46db8bc9edafc641f1b3_x7j1f_8byvr_324.jpg
Post edited January 28, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
ElTerprise: Yes. Me too. Played that mission on a PS2 and on PC....oh boy....as much as i like Vice City that mission was infuriating...
I think that's a game that could really use a remake. I love the characters and the setting, and the missions were quite interesting and fun aside from my complaints about the controls. A new engine with some HD graphics, revamped controls, and a save function would be pretty swell. [/dreaming]
All right, so much for not sleeping. Back in a bit.
CarrionCrow: All right, so much for not sleeping. Back in a bit.
Did some blood seep into your coffeestream?
Pffffthahahaha.... brilliant XD
*wears my new clever badge with pride* B-|
Awesome :D

AgentBirdnest: I think that's a game that could really use a remake. I love the characters and the setting, and the missions were quite interesting and fun aside from my complaints about the controls. A new engine with some HD graphics, revamped controls, and a save function would be pretty swell. [/dreaming]
Yep. That would be great indeed. Still my favourite setting from any GTA game although i also like the more gritty Liberty City setting :)
But i don't think that it's ever gonna happen...

Speaking of which having ye olde GTA (as in 1, London and 2) here would great but i guess equally impossible...
AgentBirdnest: I think that's a game that could really use a remake. I love the characters and the setting, and the missions were quite interesting and fun aside from my complaints about the controls. A new engine with some HD graphics, revamped controls, and a save function would be pretty swell. [/dreaming]
Vice City was a product of its time, One of those rare games that come out at the right moment.with the right production values and innovative enough to bedazzle everyone.

I doubt an HD remake would have the same impact the original had.

The radio programmes are still awesome though. How many times have I told you that I like to listen to the talk radios for the humour alone?
I got the GTA bundle during a sale and it was worth it just for the radio shows.
j0ekerr: Vice City was a product of its time, One of those rare games that come out at the right moment.with the right production values and innovative enough to bedazzle everyone.

The radio programmes are still awesome though. How many times have I told you that I like to listen to the talk radios for the humour alone?
I got the GTA bundle during a sale and it was worth it just for the radio shows.
Absolutely. The radio programmes are fantastic.

You're probably right but it would be a nice HD remake nonetheless.
Hello everyone!

I'm still awake after an untimely late consumption of coffee ... no stopping grandparents when they want to spoil their young :p (you want an apple? a pear? a piece of chocolate? a bonbon? a wafflet? candy? orange juice?)

-I broke at coffee-

So I'm still messing around with my *ahem* music a bit. I don 't think my sound card is on par with my aims though, the music playback/notation software keeps glitching out - most annoyingly chopping the ends of all the audio I try to render ...

*late night hugs, joins with a cup of milk* how are you all :)
j0ekerr: Vice City was a product of its time, One of those rare games that come out at the right moment.with the right production values and innovative enough to bedazzle everyone.

Yeah... I think it's probably the same for most HD remakes. They never really turn out as great as people hope. New graphics can't make the rest of the game be innovative again.
Still, it's fun to dream of remakes for some games "if they could just change this and this, and do it the perfect way that I want..."
j0ekerr: The radio programmes are still awesome though. How many times have I told you that I like to listen to the talk radios for the humour alone?
Errr... zero times? >__o I can't remember. Blame it on my ECT baby.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
I'm off to bed, need to wake up early tomorrow to photograph horseshit.

Yes, I'm serious.
Vnlr: Hello everyone!
[...]
Hey there, V! *extra big hug*
They sound like some lovely grandparents :-) Don't drink too much, or you'll be (hopefully!) waking up all night to use the bathroom.

Doing okay here. Quite exhausted and getting ready to pass out pretty soon. And smiling ;-)
j0ekerr: I'm off to bed, need to wake up early tomorrow to photograph horseshit.
I'm declaring that my favourite sentence of the day. As well as "most bizarre sentence for someone who arrived here late."

Sleep well and take care! Don't slip and fall into the stuff tomorrow.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
They are very lovely people ... middle class pensioners, and from the peasant's country as we say here (from a rural area) :)

I say you were feeling rather under the weather; sorry to hear so, I hope you'll be much better soon ;)

When I myself had to take a lot of drugs (antidepressants mostly) they just gave me a constant nagging hunger for little tidbits like cookies and associated foodstuffs.

That was nasty, I don't have the metabolism to cope with such nuriture so I had too restrain myself forcefully in my head and against my feeding instincts from going near the kitchen ...

Not my finest hour - I'm still a bit pudgy :)
Vnlr: Hello everyone!

I'm still awake after an untimely late consumption of coffee ... no stopping grandparents when they want to spoil their young :p (you want an apple? a pear? a piece of chocolate? a bonbon? a wafflet? candy? orange juice?)

-I broke at coffee-

So I'm still messing around with my *ahem* music a bit. I don 't think my sound card is on par with my aims though, the music playback/notation software keeps glitching out - most annoyingly chopping the ends of all the audio I try to render ...

Guten Abend *big hug*
Hopefully it won't keep you up all night :)

I'm ok...still having a headache but otherwise i'm fine :)

Would you mind sharing your soundcloud again? Looks like i misplaced the link :)

j0ekerr: I'm off to bed, need to wake up early tomorrow to photograph horseshit.

Yes, I'm serious.
Good night - sleep well :)

And have fun tomorrow ;)