It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Antimateria: And I would like to ask related to that.. Is warband and those only for multiplayer? Or is there something for singleplayer?
There are some new things in warband in single player,it also has multiplayer but i don't need multiplayer.In the mount and blade subforum there exists a comparison between the first and second game.
CarrionCrow: I know I've mentioned hanging onto money for when something new pops up, but am I the only person who gets annoyed with waiting to the point of wanting to say fuck it and just impulse buying so I'm not sale watching anymore?
Stilton: I'm doing a bit of that too, looking again at things I decided I didn't want for some reason. Currently eyeing at B17 Mighty Naff and wondering if I'll have enough patience to get through incomprehensible controls and find whatever joy there is in the thing. Less than a quid is no big penalty, but dammit I've got principles!!
-laughs- Can't say I have principles for my library. (Well, I could, but people know what I have. It would be a ludicrously obvious lie.) Just annoyed at waiting.

Steam has put me in an awkward position, in that I really liked their latest sale format of "what you see is what you get, take your time, put together your purchase list, then grab what you want without thinking you're going to get burned on the back end by surprises that hit when you have no more money".
Post edited December 06, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Additional - I know I've mentioned hanging onto money for when something new pops up, but am I the only person who gets annoyed with waiting to the point of wanting to say fuck it and just impulse buying so I'm not sale watching anymore?
Well, the sale's format isn't the most exciting. I miss the mini flash sales Those were fun and annoying in just the right way.

Additional: I've met a few people who could honestly claim they didn't smoke. Cigarettes, that is.
More recently I've met some kids who seemingly like to advertise to the world in general every single joint they have.
Which I find annoying because to me it equates to shouting about how great their last wank was.
Post edited December 06, 2015 by j0ekerr
Antimateria: And I would like to ask related to that.. Is warband and those only for multiplayer? Or is there something for singleplayer?
Fonzer: There are some new things in warband in single player,it also has multiplayer but i don't need multiplayer.In the mount and blade subforum there exists a comparison between the first and second game.
Gog gave free that what was it it wasn't blades of steel, but I haven't tried any of those I just have noticed what I've seen that it looks like multiplayer and poor mans Kessen (if some one knows that game from PS2)

It seems interesting enough tough.. But still.. I tought Defiance MMO was good until it got to grinding which was pretty soon.

Edit: Well, blades of steel is nes hockey simulator so let's not talk about that much.. =D
Post edited December 06, 2015 by Antimateria
CarrionCrow: -laughs- Can't say I have principles for my library. (Well, I could, but people know what I have. It would be a ludicrously obvious lie.) Just annoyed at waiting.

Steam has put me in an awkward position, in that I really liked their latest sale format of "what you see is what you get, take your time, put together your purchase list, then grab what you want without thinking you're going to get burned on the back end by surprises that hit when you have no more money".
You do have principles. Or rather you have one principle.

If there's any sort of link between the games, then they form part of a set and thusly said set must be completed.
j0ekerr: Well, the sale's format isn't the most exciting. I miss the mini flash sales Those were fun and annoying in just the right way.

Additional: I've met a few people who could honestly claim they didn't smoke. Cigarettes, that is.
More recently I've met some kids who seemingly like to advertise to the world in general every single joint they have.
Which I find annoying because to me it equates to shouting about how great their last wank was.
I still want Insomnia. Even with the odds now being heavily against me finding new stuff, I still want Insomnia.

I've known a few people who liked weed to that degree. It did get a bit old after a while.
Stilton: It might be a case of buying it and trying it. If it works (or if you can get it to work) all well and good. Otherwise GOG offer their 30 day refund for games that don't work. I'd contact support and find out if you can get a refund because of your particular concerns.
Are you sure the refund covers that case... ? I think they'll refund you if your computer config respects their minimal config advice, but if you are under and deliberately buy the game anyway, I think you can be told to go away :)

(that being said, I bought The Witcher 3 knowing I didn't meet -all- the requirements.... I didn't test it yet !! :)
Post edited December 06, 2015 by Empress_Owl
j0ekerr: You do have principles. Or rather you have one principle.

If there's any sort of link between the games, then they form part of a set and thusly said set must be completed.
Shit. That is true. Grabbed a few games this time around based solely on that. Still have Master of Orion 3 on my list because of that. Still considering buying another game people have mostly said is crap based on that. (And wanting to get the remake for free whenever it gets here.)

Additional - For the love of crap, that is by no means a call for someone to ninja gift me Master of Orion 3. Not on discount, certainly not at retail either.
Or anything else you might figure out what I'm mentioning. I have a lot of games. Ridiculous amounts. Insane amounts. I'm good, honest. Thank you, though. =)

Also, in case anyone's curious - Hotline Miami is frigging great, Hotline Miami 2 is a massive disappointment compared to it, both Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor suck shit, Hunie Pop's all right but ultimately gets annoying and samey by game's end, Ronin is interesting in a novel sort of way but can piss you off with bugs by the time it's over, Not A Hero is frigging irritating since it ends up being a combination of memory exercise and achievement hunting festival to get the good ending, Phantasmagoria is good for some grade-A 90's FMV cheese with your horror, and Arcanum is just cool in general.
Stilton: I'm doing a bit of that too, looking again at things I decided I didn't want for some reason. Currently eyeing at B17 Mighty Naff and wondering if I'll have enough patience to get through incomprehensible controls and find whatever joy there is in the thing. Less than a quid is no big penalty, but dammit I've got principles!!
Well a quid for me equates to about 3 or 4 disgusting vending machine coffees. I'll let you do the math , but remember to factor long-term enjoyment in your calculations.

But if you want a really nice looking flying sim I'd suggest Wings of Prey. I've been told you can barrell roll through a cafeteria and grab a capuchinno while you fly through the city.
CarrionCrow: Additional - For the love of crap, that is by no means a call for someone to ninja gift me Master of Orion 3. Not on discount, certainly not at retail either.
Or anything else you might figure out what I'm mentioning. I have a lot of games. Ridiculous amounts. Insane amounts. I'm good, honest. Thank you, though. =)
Then it is again time for *ninja hug* :P
moonshineshadow: Then it is again time for *ninja hug* :P
-ninja hug back because you're a sweet lady that I wouldn't want to offend by refusing the gesture- ;P
CarrionCrow: -laughs- Can't say I have principles for my library. (Well, I could, but people know what I have. It would be a ludicrously obvious lie.) Just annoyed at waiting.

Dare I say that that almost sounds sensible? Drip-feeding (GOG-stylee) makes people come back to see what else is going cheap, but there's an awful lot of appeal for the money-managers who want to see everything from the outset in order to know how much they can get their sweaty hands on. Shame you won't actually own those games, though (Steam-not-so-stylee). I'm a moaner, but I'll suckle the GOG tit. :-)
Stilton: It might be a case of buying it and trying it. If it works (or if you can get it to work) all well and good. Otherwise GOG offer their 30 day refund for games that don't work. I'd contact support and find out if you can get a refund because of your particular concerns.
OK +1 for answer i guess i can try it and if it won't work i ain't really gonna ask for a refund just wait until i get a new pc,but that won't be that fast.
Empress_Owl: Are you sure the refund covers that case... ? I think they'll refund you if your computer config respects their minimal config advice, but if you are under and deliberately buy the game anyway, I think you can be told to go away :)

(that being said, I bought The Witcher 3 knowing I didn't meet -all- the requirements.... I didn't test it yet !! :)
Check the small print, little Owl. :-) Running it by GOG support first should cover any unpleasant outcomes. At least, that's what I'd do. :-)
Post edited December 06, 2015 by Stilton
Stilton: Dare I say that that almost sounds sensible? Drip-feeding (GOG-stylee) makes people come back to see what else is going cheap, but there's an awful lot of appeal for the money-managers who want to see everything from the outset in order to know how much they can get their sweaty hands on. Shame you won't actually own those games, though (Steam-not-so-stylee). I'm a moaner, but I'll suckle the GOG tit. :-)
On the most basic level, I think that's the best route to take if you have to choose between the two.
I'll sing the praises of Insomnia all day long, but I know perfectly well that GOG will never try to use that during a massive revenue stream like the end of the year what-not.
Between seeing everything and the aforementioned once daily drip-feed (which will inevitably turn into repeats for the daily deals by the end of the sale), I'd much rather see it all at once.

You're absolutely right, which is why I have boatloads of games here, and 95 percent bundle fodder on the other.

Another point comes to mind for why that won't happen here - The prices here would have to be higher to compensate for the longer duration of sale items being made available.
The competition can get away with that. Not sure that GOG can.