It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crewdroog: ah, I see, thanks! so the rep nonsense has gotten worse since i've been gone I take it then? That sucks. I saw momo's post yesterday.
You see, you are that important to us that you going away caused this place to get worse. There is only one solution. *goes to get hammer and nails so we can make sure Crew never leaves us* :-)
ddickinson: Scammers could still +1 themselves. Maybe just remove the + and - buttons. GOG does not seem keen on a paygate, but Steam seemed to think it was necessary, and with GOG getting more and more like Steam, maybe it should follow Steams example in this matter.
But then I couldn't +1 people for making me smile ;-)
I think you are right though, it is unlikely GOG will do anything at all. The forums have always been the lowest priority, which I guess makes sense from a business view, but is still sad :-(
BillyMaysFan59: What's with all the "_____Chan" names? :p
GreenDamsel: Somebody let the anime-lover out of his room.
Meh... if I can be honest anime is not my thing
AgentBirdnest: But then I couldn't +1 people for making me smile ;-)
I think you are right though, it is unlikely GOG will do anything at all. The forums have always been the lowest priority, which I guess makes sense from a business view, but is still sad :-(
I don't think it's just the forum. The store is often broken and glitchy on mobile devices, especially the chat. It worked fine before the site redesign. They are not even keen to fix issues regarding the store itself, so why would they bother about the forum.
Crewdroog: ah, I see, thanks! so the rep nonsense has gotten worse since i've been gone I take it then? That sucks. I saw momo's post yesterday.
ddickinson: You see, you are that important to us that you going away caused this place to get worse. There is only one solution. *goes to get hammer and nails so we can make sure Crew never leaves us* :-)
aaahhh!!!! well at least i'm stuck in a good thread. ;)

it's too bad people are doing this, however I don't want to have mods here. paygate is interesting, it's kinda like how you have to have so much rep before posting links and stuff in the forums. if anything, it'll at least slow down the alt accounts.

The rep system for me is ok. It's nice to be able to kinda tell quicklly who may be a jerk (at least you used to), but when doing GAs, I always do a forum background check if I don't know the person. If they got rid of it, I wouldnt be upset.
ddickinson: I don't think it's just the forum. The store is often broken and glitchy on mobile devices, especially the chat. It worked fine before the site redesign. They are not even keen to fix issues regarding the store itself, so why would they bother about the forum.
oh gods yes, I never use my phone for gog. it's awful!
Post edited August 03, 2015 by Crewdroog
BillyMaysFan59: Meh... if I can be honest anime is not my thing
Neither is it mine. I have nothing against the artstyle or anything.
But watching it is quite at the bottom of my priority stack and I doubt I'll ever be unoccupied enough to reach that point.
And I dislike the whole "kawaiiiiiii!"-fanbase.
In my lucky case, I can imitate female japanese voice actors quite well and whenever people in my surrounding get too mushy about anime I just start going "ieeeee, oni-san, ieeee" in squeeky female hentai-lead voice and they shut up so quickly.
Did I ever mention that I love screwing with people?^^
ddickinson: I don't think it's just the forum. The store is often broken and glitchy on mobile devices, especially the chat. It worked fine before the site redesign. They are not even keen to fix issues regarding the store itself, so why would they bother about the forum.
Yes, they seem to be more focused on things like adding achievements to games :-\
Not that I have a problem with achievements. Some people like them, some don't. I just wish they would fix what they broke before they break more stuff.
Come on people! Don't be so mean! The dev team is hard at work!

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bird-house-fail-man-frustrated-angry-building-bad-birdhouse-31745987.jpg
Crewdroog: aaahhh!!!! well at least i'm stuck in a good thread. ;)

it's too bad people are doing this, however I don't want to have mods here. paygate is interesting, it's kinda like how you have to have so much rep before posting links and stuff in the forums. if anything, it'll at least slow down the alt accounts.

The rep system for me is ok. It's nice to be able to kinda tell quicklly who may be a jerk (at least you used to), but when doing GAs, I always do a forum background check if I don't know the person. If they got rid of it, I wouldnt be upset.

oh gods yes, I never use my phone for gog. it's awful!
*puts away hammer and nails now that Crew is nailed to the floor*

I know, it started mostly during the summer sale, with a scammer being caught out and just lead to abuse, threats, alt accounts, and the place just turned nasty. The paygate idea sounds like a good one, but sadly GOG mentioned they were not keen on it, maybe they could just have it effect chat and rep, that way customers could still post on the forum for genuine help.

Sadly as most people don't do giveaways, they don't really care for rep. But it is nice to have, and nice to use to be aware of possible jerks.

*gets some super glue just in case the nails don't work*
Uggggh I just hate the mobile site design.

Sometimes it's broken beyond belief.... don't even ask about the chat, it barely functions on any of my mobile devices

The old "non mobile friendly" design from last year was more mobile friendly for me, personally. (On my tablet)
AgentBirdnest: Yes, they seem to be more focused on things like adding achievements to games :-\
Not that I have a problem with achievements. Some people like them, some don't. I just wish they would fix what they broke before they break more stuff.
I wonder if they have hired more staff now they are getting bigger, or if they still use the same small team they had originally. It seems strange that nothing ever seems to be done, as though the whole thing is run buy a very small team with so much to do. But who knows, maybe there is more going on than we know.
BillyMaysFan59: What's with all the "_____Chan" names? :p
and misusing -chan, since it's mainly used for either A: children or B: teasing your friends and C: teasing someone (usually girls) you're romantically interested in. Or at least that's what my Japanese friends have taught me, but they don't like manga/anime so maybe they're wrong...

Anyway, I managed to not completely burn my bacon and my house is less than crispy, so my breakfast went fine. Maybe I'll play some more Prophesy of Pendor so I can find those pesky troublesome bandits. I kinda hate those quests because it always takes them a week in-game to spawn and when they do it's always at least halfway across the map.
BillyMaysFan59: Uggggh I just hate the mobile site design.

Sometimes it's broken beyond belief.... don't even ask about the chat, it barely functions on any of my mobile devices

The old "non mobile friendly" design from last year was more mobile friendly for me, personally. (On my tablet)
It is strange that the problem with the chat on mobile devices still has not been fixes, or several other bugs. Do you think they hire external web devs and are just avoiding paying for them, or do you think they have an in house team of web devs?
BillyMaysFan59: Uggggh I just hate the mobile site design.

ddickinson: It is strange that the problem with the chat on mobile devices still has not been fixes, or several other bugs. Do you think they hire external web devs and are just avoiding paying for them, or do you think they have an in house team of web devs?
My guess is that everyone at GOG is too busy working on Galaxy. In that case they need more staff.
ddickinson: What does shounen mean?

Hello, Crew! *big hello hug followed by a giant explosion from the confetti cannon*

A paygate is where they lock features until you have spend a set amount. Steal has it at the moment. Unless I am using the wrong word for it, which is possible. If I am then it's a magic word that can mean anything you want. :-)

Sadly I don't think it matters, GOG will likely do nothing to fix the problem. I think the rep is most important for those hosting giveaways, as a way of trying to make sure games go to good members. I think for the majority of people rep is irrelevant, but still useful.

Scammers could still +1 themselves. Maybe just remove the + and - buttons. GOG does not seem keen on a paygate, but Steam seemed to think it was necessary, and with GOG getting more and more like Steam, maybe it should follow Steams example in this matter.
Literally "young boy". ANime or manga that's made for 10 to 15 year old boys. Titles include Naruto,One Piece,DBZ,Saint Seiya and others.

NoNewTaleToTell: and misusing -chan, since it's mainly used for either A: children or B: teasing your friends and C: teasing someone (usually girls) you're romantically interested in. Or at least that's what my Japanese friends have taught me, but they don't like manga/anime so maybe they're wrong...

Anyway, I managed to not completely burn my bacon and my house is less than crispy, so my breakfast went fine. Maybe I'll play some more Prophesy of Pendor so I can find those pesky troublesome bandits. I kinda hate those quests because it always takes them a week in-game to spawn and when they do it's always at least halfway across the map.
I use it mostly to express that I'm good friends with Owl,D,moon and other girls on the thread.
BTW,NNTTT-kun,we're going to be very good friends.*grabs NNTTT-kun and starts to rerorerorero*
Post edited August 03, 2015 by l0rdtr3k