It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: A neutral gender would make sense if it would be used accordingly. But just so that you know, chair is masculin :P
Well in here it's feminine.

And now I'm imagining what would happen if we left german and spanish furniture alone in the same room.

So depraved, so wrong, so improbable.

I'd fund it!
----------------
So anyways, I mentioned this earlier, but I wanted to point it out again

Some people are saying that this debacle might lead to developers re-thinking about releasing broken PC ports that are practically unplayable. I think they're either naive or on happy pills.

But I'm a cynical, misanthropic, sociopathic lagomorph, what do I know?
Post edited July 09, 2015 by j0ekerr
ddickinson: I guess the developers are not big enough to release a broken game and not suffer for it, financially or damage to their reputation. And them being honest will get them some credit from gamers, as so many companies just lie all the time.
Might be. According to Wikipedia Team17 was found 1990 and has about 75 employees...it's not that small but counts as an indie studio i guess. That will definitely give them credit - it's a shame that so many developers wouldn't do the same in that situation...
Am I the only one who can't get to page 2695?

EDIT: GOG Forums, how I love/hate thee.
Am I the only one not really following how chairs can be masculine and feminine? It's a chair, last I looked they did not have a gender. And people tell me English is a funny language. :-)

ElTerprise: Might be. According to Wikipedia Team17 was found 1990 and has about 75 employees...it's not that small but counts as an indie studio i guess. That will definitely give them credit - it's a shame that so many developers wouldn't do the same in that situation...
Are there no companies between indie and AAA? What about just A companies, or B companies. Would indies be B? And if there are only the two, why use the term AAA? (Don't worry if you don't know, I was just asking generally, I don't necessarily expect you to know the answer.)
Post edited July 09, 2015 by ddickinson
Hurm. My favourite threads have disappeared from the forums main page.

Anyone else having similar problems?
Argh... I don't know what gog staff is doing but somehow I could not post or access my library in the last minutes...

ddickinson: Am I the only one not really following how chairs can be masculine and feminine? It's a chair, last I looked they did not have a gender. And people tell me English is a funny language. :-)
Never said that there was any logic or that it makes sense ;-)

j0ekerr: Hurm. My favourite threads have disappeared from the forums main page.

Probably related to whatever is happening, I also had some problems, see above.
Post edited July 09, 2015 by moonshineshadow
ddickinson: Am I the only one not really following how chairs can be masculine and feminine? It's a chair, last I looked they did not have a gender. And people tell me English is a funny language. :-)
I've held a grudge against the English language ever since it allowed Terry Pratchett to get away with a lame pun as a major plot point in his last Tiffany Aching book.

If you listen closely, you can still the echoes from the anguished cries of the translators.
moonshineshadow: Argh... I don't know what gog staff is doing but somehow I could not post or access my library in the last minutes...

I have been having trouble with the chat, getting a new error message that I have not seen before. I guess it is just a server error, or more work behind the scenes.
Attachments:

Are there no companies between indie and AAA? What about just A companies, or B companies. Would indies be B? And if there are only the two, why use the term AAA? (Don't worry if you don't know, I was just asking generally, I don't necessarily expect you to know the answer.)
I actually don't know. Indie doesn't really fit into that scale. But then the whole scale is borrowed from the movie industry.
moonshineshadow: Argh... I don't know what gog staff is doing but somehow I could not post or access my library in the last minutes...

ddickinson: I have been having trouble with the chat, getting a new error message that I have not seen before. I guess it is just a server error, or more work behind the scenes.
I would not mind them working on the chat.. it is still missing essential functions... and more important conversations from the old pm system that are still not back...
ddickinson: I have been having trouble with the chat, getting a new error message that I have not seen before. I guess it is just a server error, or more work behind the scenes.
Odd...everything still works for me (as of yet)...
ElTerprise:
ElTerprise: Odd...everything still works for me (as of yet)...
Oh it is working for me again fine, it was just 5-10mins were the website was behaving like I was not logged in.
j0ekerr: I've held a grudge against the English language ever since it allowed Terry Pratchett to get away with a lame pun as a major plot point in his last Tiffany Aching book.

If you listen closely, you can still the echoes from the anguished cries of the translators.
I wonder if he had a big smile on his face as he wrote that, knowing of the anguished cries it would cause. :-)

ElTerprise: I actually don't know. Indie doesn't really fit into that scale. But then the whole scale is borrowed from the movie industry.
Maybe Team17 would be an A company. They have many well known games under them, and they are a publisher as well. So maybe it would be AAA, A (companies like Team17), B (maybe indie companies that are big enough not to not really call themselves indie anymore), then C would be indie.

moonshineshadow: I would not mind them working on the chat.. it is still missing essential functions... and more important conversations from the old pm system that are still not back...
Don't say that. Every time they work on something they break more than they fix, and things always seem to change for the worst. :-)
I hate GOGs message system... -.-
CarrionCrow: Very true, but it serves a purpose. Not exactly sociable to begin with, so I see more of them than anyone else by far.
If I lived alone, my human contact would be virtually zero.
moonshineshadow: Yeah good argument. Without my work my human contact would probably be zero aside from the visits to my family ;-)
That surprises me. Your personality is good and you seem fairly outgoing, I would've guessed that you have at least a small group of social acquaintances or friends.