It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a deep action-RPG that will test your sanity and resilience in a shattered world. Mortal Shell is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! Remember, your adversaries will spare no mercy, with survival demanding superior awareness, precision, and instincts from you. Possess lost warriors, track down hidden sanctums, and face swarms of formidable foes.
high rated
GOG.com: Mortal Shell is coming NOT SO soon DRM-free on GOG.COM!
Fixed.

I’m still happy about the early announcement. This means you can wait, rather than wondering if the game will appear here.
It would be nice to have more preliminary announcements about game releases here. Including announcements of the appearance of old games here (for the same reason).
ChrisGamer300: Honestly i'm kinda sick of seeing RPG at the end of everything nowadays, this is simply an action game and no putting in a few elements of a genre does not make it an RPG.

Just call it for what it is and let this be the last time you devs and stores use rpg for everything.
This, almost every game nowadays has mechanics like leveling up or gear with stats which doesn't make it an RPG. :/

Is this a souls-like btw? That genre is infecting way too many games nowadays.
Edit: It's yet another crappy souls-like, meh.
Post edited July 14, 2020 by NuffCatnip
Breja: I was never a fan of this kind of grimdark fantasy, and as I get older I find myself even less fond of super-dark settings. If I'm to sink hours and hours of my time into something, I'd much rather it be something colorful and nice to look at, like Ghost of a Tale or Divinity. I'm not saying I'm only playing cartoonish kids games, but even something like the Witcher, dark as it can get, is still also predominantly a beautiful world to explore. This... i feel tired and morose just looking at it.
Hi!
It's the opposite of what happens to me, Breja... I love these dark, gloomy and even disturbing worlds... they are dystopian and disconcerting in some cases. I'm not saying that a video game with a colorful world is less interesting or less funny or can't tell a dark story (for example: Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Tales Of Phantasia, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Ori and the Blind Forest, etc). IIt's just a matter of consumer taste and preference. A hug, greetings!
Post edited July 14, 2020 by UCrest
Wishlisted for now, doesn't look bad but I always like to wait for the game to be released first.
UCrest: IIt's just a matter of consumer taste and preference.
Of course it is. I never meant to imply there's something inherently wrong with going grimdark. And I like I said, I was never a big fan of going too dark, gory and disturbing to begin with. For example when running Warhammer tabletop RPG I always ended up with a decidedly more light-hearted tone than the books would suggest, the players losing a limb here and there notwithstanding.
low rated
Breja: I was never a fan of this kind of grimdark fantasy, and as I get older I find myself even less fond of super-dark settings. If I'm to sink hours and hours of my time into something, I'd much rather it be something colorful and nice to look at, like Ghost of a Tale or Divinity. I'm not saying I'm only playing cartoonish kids games, but even something like the Witcher, dark as it can get, is still also predominantly a beautiful world to explore. This... i feel tired and morose just looking at it.
UCrest: Hi!
It's the opposite of what happens to me, Breja... I love these dark, gloomy and even disturbing worlds... they are dystopian and disconcerting in some cases. I'm not saying that a video game with a colorful world is less interesting or less funny or can't tell a dark story (for example: Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Tales Of Phantasia, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Ori and the Blind Forest, etc). IIt's just a matter of consumer taste and preference. A hug, greetings!
UCrest: IIt's just a matter of consumer taste and preference.
Breja: Of course it is. I never meant to imply there's something inherently wrong with going grimdark. And I like I said, I was never a big fan of going too dark, gory and disturbing to begin with. For example when running Warhammer tabletop RPG I always ended up with a decidedly more light-hearted tone than the books would suggest, the players losing a limb here and there notwithstanding.
"Woohee everything is the same and nothing matters ooga boogah"

No. One is immoral, evil and the other at least less so.
Post edited July 14, 2020 by swires86
Yes! Bring me more!
Che, GOG!
I want to play a DRMFREE beta...

If EPIC store has a beta version, why not GOG?
Digital_CHE: Che, GOG!
I want to play a DRMFREE beta...

If EPIC store has a beta version, why not GOG?
Epic store HAD beta version, for a few days. They already replaced it with single-screen "thank you for participating in beta" application.
Soulslike with dark and heavy atmosphere. Count me in! :) Wishlisted. Too bad that the release date is in the next year...
Looks like an interesting game. Reminds me of Severance:Blade of Darkness and Rune.
Not really in to this. Then again, I don't really do Souls-like games, so that's proibably why.
Looks nice. Hopefully it actually comes to gog. Not like Sinking City that got removed from gog and Steam after being on release list for a longtime.
Matruchus: Looks nice. Hopefully it actually comes to gog. Not like Sinking City that got removed from gog and Steam after being on release list for a longtime.
Frogwares is working on the issue, and the game can be bought DRM-free directly from their site now.

Wishlisting this. Looked interesting, but all the feedback said there was a ton of jank. Hopefully they can polish it up by the time it's out of the EGS limbo.
Bash. Dies. Never.