It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a deep action-RPG that will test your sanity and resilience in a shattered world. Mortal Shell is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! Remember, your adversaries will spare no mercy, with survival demanding superior awareness, precision, and instincts from you. Possess lost warriors, track down hidden sanctums, and face swarms of formidable foes.
review

https://saveorquit.com/2020/09/03/review-mortal-shell/
ChrisGamer300: Honestly i'm kinda sick of seeing RPG at the end of everything nowadays, this is simply an action game and no putting in a few elements of a genre does not make it an RPG.

Just call it for what it is and let this be the last time you devs and stores use rpg for everything.
While I adore Mortal Shell and RPGs I will be the first to confess it IS pretty light on RPG elements when compared to other Maso/core souls likes. It is the very fringe of what I would call an RPG and could just about be considered a pure action title. Reminds me of Lords Of The Fallen and how little RPG there was there.

While it does have a lacking character statistical development to it, you are playing a "role" by adopting shells that are specific builds. So I still see role play very much present in this. It is like if you streamlined darksouls, removed the personalization and swapped out preformatted builds. This allowed them to maintain focus and not have to spend countless hours of dev time tuning gameplay to account for near infinite player custom builds. It was a smart design choice for a game of such small scope. Yet you still get a role to play in this game. Not unlike how in say Final Fantasy or D&D you have archetype jobs/classes. So again, the role playing is there, even if it is perched on the fringe.

As long as this stands as the line it is acceptable.
https://tenor.com/view/captain-picard-the-line-must-be-drawn-here-this-far-no-further-stubborn-gif-15272835
Mortal Shell: The Virtuous Cycle | Release Date Trailer
The rip-off is strong in this one [in the demo at least, the interface looked nearly the same as DS, lawsuit-y levels], and the hardening mechanic was annoying and gimmicky, but I might give it another shot on the account of the DRM-freeness.