It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Explosions, romance, and sports - now on Linux!

While everyone’s enjoying their holiday preparations and gift shopping outings, our Product team was busy getting a bunch of Linux installers for Codemasters games up and running to deliver to your loving gamer arms. The titles we’ve got for Linux are 100% functional on Ubuntu 14.04, as well as Mint 17.

The games you can now enjoy on your penguin-tastic platform of choice are:

Cannon Fodder

A title you may remember from the times of Amiga or Sega Genesis gaming, this game will have you guide your squad through various scenarios and encounters, completing objectives and eliminating foes. Be warned, though - it does get quite challenging at later levels!

Cannon Fodder 2

Played the original? Survived? The Codemasters crew wants to finish you off in the sequel. The soldiers of Cannon Fodder have been kidnapped by a squad of aliens. Can you save a foreign world from invasion? Probably not, but give it a go anyway!

Leisure Suit Larry

With a suit that’s been out of style since before it was made and determination to get all the bodacious babes on the block, this classic is a risque point-and-click adventure that fans of dirty humor will enjoy.

Sensible World of Soccer 96/97

Or football, as we call it on this side of the pond. Take a shot at training or playing for your very own team of world-class sportsmen or local underdogs from almost a decade ago. Pixellated stats, exciting stick-figure plays, and one button that covers all your in-game needs. Need we say more?

Still not enough Linux for you? Check out almost 400 other Linux games available in our DRM-free catalog!
As a Mac user I am here to give my support. Nice one, linux folks. Thanks GOG.
Great news!
Thanks GOG!
Cool. But I'd like it even more if more games came with the source code.
JLH: Give us dirt 3 please! Or at least bring back Colin Mcrea 2005. :)
Wishbone: You can forget about any driving game that's been pulled ever returning. It's usually (certainly in the case of Colin McRae) because the publisher's licensing deal with the car manufacturers has expired, and they are not going to renew it.
Yes, this kind of licensing arrangement is too restrictive. Not only does it put an end to future sales it also limits access to these brands.

Some developers have worked around it, for example sim developers Reiza Studios made their own version of F1 cars, which ironically are even more convincing to drive than those in games that actually have the proper F1 license.
Here's to getting the whole catalogue running on Linux, especially titles that have Linux versions elsewhere... like...
*cough* Age of Wonders 3 *cough*
Post edited December 17, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
Nice for Linux users. :) An "Overlord 2" or racing sim release (or GOG bringing back "Clive Barker's Jericho") would have been more interesting to me, but it is what it is.
Post edited December 17, 2015 by tfishell
Already got the Linux installers for a while and they're working well, but good to see some notification about it (even if late).

GoGlinux lacks "Leisure Suit Larry - Reloaded" which is a Unity game that has a Linux port that is already some years old and available anywhere else though. Still waiting for this port on GoG.
Post edited December 17, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Good that it's officially on linux but bad because the games are drastically overpriced and easy to acquire and run without official support.
Wishbone: You can forget about any driving game that's been pulled ever returning. It's usually (certainly in the case of Colin McRae) because the publisher's licensing deal with the car manufacturers has expired, and they are not going to renew it.
Codemasters already has deals in place with all of the car manufacturers, so it would be totally doable to get the rights to their older models again if they so desired. They released an HD remaster of Colin McRae Rally 2.0 on Steam and mobile featuring cars from the original game.

store.steampowered.com/app/287340/

Me: "Would you ever consider re-releasing Colin McRae Rally 2005 & TOCA Race Driver 3 on @GOGcom?"

Codemasters: "We can't go into specifics I'm afraid but we will continue to explore potential re-releases where possible :)"

https://twitter.com/CMRaceNet/status/248730497117741056

Vote:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/colin_mcrae_rally_2005
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/toca_race_driver_3
Post edited December 17, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Great news!
I immediately bought CF2.
2015 turned out to be the year when more interesting games were released for Linux than I have time to play... so I'm basically buying only Linux games right now.

Thanks GOG
Thank you for the linux versions. I had already bought them and was just waiting for linux versions to be released :)
Great news indeed, thanks a lot!
Now Codemasters, I know you're listening.. Bring back Severance: Blade of Darkness! : )
Matruchus: Always nice to see more games on Linux although I don't own any Codemasters games besides Overlord.
As far as I know, Overlord is being ported to Linux. It's a good sign that they already allow GOG to sell these Linux versions; some companies don't even do that.
Woolytoes: Most games (+80%) on GOG runs fine on Linux already.
te_lanus: Out of me 143 GOG games only about 3-7% haz linux installers,even the poor Freebies is linux-less
Most of your games probably run in Wine just fine.
Post edited December 17, 2015 by 0Grapher
Thanks alot GOG! Moar Linux support is great! :D
thanks, GOG, I appreciate all the hard work you guys and girls put in.