It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redfern: Oh well, i looked at Homeworld yesterday but was reluctant to purchase (never played it). I guess no is no then.
Still on sale for 70%:

https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_remastered_collection

Not sure what the flash price was.

They removed the One Game On Developer listing as well.
zeffyr: Dang, I missed Settlers again :(
ciemnogrodzianin: Flash sales are over, but all games (including Settlers series) are discounted at the moment.
Yeah, but with lower discount :-(
zeffyr: Yeah, but with lower discount :-(
Are you sure? I think it's exactly the same price as before, in flash offers.

Edit: You're right. The discount is lower this time.
Post edited February 17, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin
It's 10:30am 2/17/18 where I live.. They say the sale lasts until the 20th. 3 more days.. Yet flash sales are already over? And the remaining sale is just the same games with a worse discount? Oh well, maybe next time!
Oh snap! Dragon's Dogma! I already own that game on Steam.
Yep, flash sales were rolling during the week, when a lot of people could not regularly check the offers. Now, when it's weekend and most of people are able to check the site more often, we've switched to static model with flat discounts (worse then before). Oh, well.
ciemnogrodzianin: Yep, flash sales were rolling during the week, when a lot of people could not regularly check the offers. Now, when it's weekend and most of people are able to check the site more often, we've switched to static model with flat discounts (worse then before). Oh, well.
This particular sale is the first major one I experienced after registering on GOG that I am not feeling excited about.
The flash sale fiasco has hit the high point, for me at least, as they have removed it altogether.
What was their objective with this sale?
How do they want to present game deals to us gamers?
I don't have a clue.
I don't understand why people don't understand how flash sales work. Of course the regular discounts won't be as good as the flash ones. Flash sales means "if you want the best possible price, buy now" or you risk not getting that price again for a long time.
Post edited February 17, 2018 by greeklover
bhrigu: ...
Last time I was excited was about 2y ago, when they have sales based on bundles (nice discounts and checking every day for new ones) and experience points (freebies for certain level of activity/purchases).

The current sale is really a disaster from marketing point of view. I love GOG and love classics, so I've purchased something and I'm quite happy, but I must agree, bhrigu.
If I had extra 5,09 euros, I would get that Shadowrun Hong Kong extended edition deluxe in a second. And if I wanted icewind dale, I would be more than excited to grab it at 3,39.
Surprised to see the flash sales are over. Was it announced somewhere for how long they'd run? Funny that they are gone in the weekend.
greeklover: [...]
Flash sales means "if you want the best possible price, buy now" or you risk not getting that price again for a long time.
But they were not the case here.
I am not that fond of the concept of flash sales, but I guess many more might like them. But having so many deals repeat throughout, and then disabling the flash deals during weekend when people should have more time to check the deals seems a bad decision to me.

bhrigu: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Last time I was excited was about 2y ago, when they have sales based on bundles (nice discounts and checking every day for new ones) and experience points (freebies for certain level of activity/purchases).
[...]
The 2016 Summer sale? If I remember correctly that was my first sale here on GOG.
And yes, that format was a good one. Hope they bring that back.
Post edited February 17, 2018 by bhrigu
TenebraeCorvus: Surprised to see the flash sales are over. Was it announced somewhere for how long they'd run? Funny that they are gone in the weekend.
Last paragraph of the updated news post said they entered the last 24h.
TenebraeCorvus: Surprised to see the flash sales are over. Was it announced somewhere for how long they'd run? Funny that they are gone in the weekend.
Cavalary: Last paragraph of the updated news post said they entered the last 24h.
Thanks, didn't see that. Although that tease at the end is a bit misleading and it doesn't stop being disappointing that the weekend has no flash sales. Well, that's how things are.
Redfern: Oh well, i looked at Homeworld yesterday but was reluctant to purchase (never played it). I guess no is no then.
drmike: Still on sale for 70%:

https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_remastered_collection

Not sure what the flash price was.

They removed the One Game On Developer listing as well.
The Homeworld games are the only ones that I can describe as "awe-inspiring" with a "sense of wonder". ciemnogrodzianin, if you have any interest at all in the Homeworld series, you need to get them at any price you feel comfortable with. The flash sale prices were only a little lower than the normal sale prices, and if you love GOG as much as I do, then you should feel like GOG has earned it if you pay them slightly more than the lowest possible price.
Post edited February 18, 2018 by badon