It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It is interesting to see many of us have the crash at the same exact place: when the nomad guy remove his badge!
And after that crash it became really difficult to just launch the game. Weird indeed....

Anyway I know my old PC would be very weak to run it. It's time to buy something else I suppose...
kingram666: I can't upgrade to 10 yet.
Baldur's Gate III won't run on my machine so maybe I can't buy another $60 game I can't play.
Just adding a link here to the Steam Win 7 thread - it's active. Might be worth it for people looking for more info and updates - there's some speculation over why it's not working for some.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/2988665684325672204/?ctp=3

(I'll post this thread there so that the whole PC community can piggyback off each other for faster results)
I was able to run the game, on my win 7 x64 machine, but can only play in windowed mode for some reason.
lol...
Tried running the game under windows 7 and it won't even load into the game (black screen for a few seconds then crash report box pops up). I have windows 10 on another partition and it worked perfectly fine using the same nvidia drivers 457.30

Update: just updated graphics drivers on windows 7 from 457.30 to the latest 460.79 and the game is loading just fine now. Will update if I run into any issues while playing.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by ohson
Damn, rejoiced to soon, game crashed after character creation. ^^
I am able to play on Win7 64, but I am getting frequent crashes, I think exclusively while transitioning to another area like going from indoors to outdoors and even loking at the mirror in the apartment.

Several people have suggested trying older versions of the AMD drivers, both the new one and the november version seem to be unstable, I am trying the october one next.
I'm on win7x64 with a 2070s.

I initially had the crashing problem.
I updated the graphics drivers to the ones released on the 9'th specifically for this game and that stopped the initial crash.

However the game still crashes the ENTIRE GRAPHICS DRIVER after about an hour of gameplay.
I'm guessing memory leak.

But man, most games just crash themselves, not the entire bleeping system!
Running Win 7x64 here, I was getting frequent random crashes so I wiped my drivers using DDU and reinstalled, - still no luck so I started looking for other possible causes. I shut down all unnecessary background programs and tweaked a couple of graphics options - I set the game to run in windowed mode and disabled motion blur but the game was still unstable.

Eventually I noticed there were a couple of windows updates for the .NET framework that I hadn't installed, so I installed those and the game has been running fine since I did that, so hopefully it's fixed, I've been playing for an hour or so now with no issues.
Was experiencing the same crashes at nomad start, when using underclocked settings for my gpu with MSI Afterburner. After choosing a higher OC profile it seems to work now.

And as mentioned, the newest nvidia drivers are mandatory.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by russellskanne
How did you guys even get it to run. I Opened Location to app in folder, and tried that instead of short cut, Crash report loads into the folder then deletes it self automatically, No pop ups, no errors, no nothing, and game never starts or anything either.
Can anyone try this if it helps win7 users too. It's a fix for old CPUs, but who knows maybe works for win7 too. Copied from Steam forums:

Confirmed FIX for PROLOGUE 3 Way CRASH a.k.a. AVX Issue
Game crashing on old CPUs: possible fix

If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:

Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

The game is trying to use a feature you don’t have: AVX.

At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove this part of code:

Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

554881ECA00000000F2970E8

Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.

FAQ: Why are they using AVX?

They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.

Your welcome and can we please keep these at the top jesus keep having to post this.
> Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for
> 554881ECA00000000F2970E8
> Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):
> C34881ECA00000000F2970E8"

Sadly that did not work for me though I have exactly this issue.
No changes when I did that one.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by Sierra
If you are using galaxy, turn off overlay. Duno if it will help but it did in my case, it also crashed my drivers before.
Firstly, I couldn't start the game. Crash on startup. Downloaded latest NVIDIA drivers (I thought mine were current, but they weren't) and then I could boot the game. Game now boots fine, character creation itself is fine...but as soon as the game actually begins, my character (I chose Corpo path) vomits on a table then the game crashes with a "Woah, Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined!" error. Nothing I can do or change in the settings will get me past this point. It crashes my entire driver and I have to wait for 30 sec for it to recover.

Steps I've taken include :-

-Updated to latest NVIDIA drivers (460.79)
-Verified game files
-Disabled GOG overlay
-Set "Max Frames" to 60
-Tried VSync on/off (basically, messed about with all the settings, doesn't make a difference)

None of these fix the problem.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on a i5 3570K, Geforce 1080 and 16gb of RAM.

Haven't had any issue with literally any other game I've ever played. And I've played a lot. I understand from what I've read that it's probably just the game itself (or it's interaction with the drivers) and that there's nothing I can do until either the game gets patched or new drivers are released but I figured maybe there might be some thing I haven't tried that someone could point me to.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by CallMeHoot