It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

custardcream: for the 30-40 hours ive been playing the game i have been running pretty much everywhere except like 3km journeys
it levels up quite quickly doing that

yes its slower but to get around but im able to react more quickly to events or things im passing by on my way to my destination.

i do that in all my open world games. even in tw3

i like it. skilling up through use reminds me of games like oblivion
I like it too, but I believe it's bugged and as you can see I'm not the only one.

For comparison, I'm always max level (I have to level up related attribute to keep progressing) in things like hacking, stealth, rifles, pistols... How come athletics NEVER level up, dude.

That's the thing, I can asure you I jump, I run, I use melee weapons (as I said). it's literally impossible my character isn't in shape lol

Also, I decided to level up annihilation (shotguns and machine guns) and it leveled up quite fast, matching my level with rifles. As I said, I decided to give it a go with fists, beat a bunch of tygers and I only got 20 exp.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by JAD2012
Can also verify my athletics is level 1 and hasn't leveled at all in my 6 hours of gameplay. And I've run exclusively other than one or two missions.
I just did about 10 power attacks with mantis blades and got 20 XP in Athletics. People on another forum suggested it may be stamina expenditure that counts, and if you've taken perks to reduce stamina cost it'll slow down the skill progression, and may even stop it all together if you're not pushing the stamina bar down low enough.
olithejunglist: I just did about 10 power attacks with mantis blades and got 20 XP in Athletics. People on another forum suggested it may be stamina expenditure that counts, and if you've taken perks to reduce stamina cost it'll slow down the skill progression, and may even stop it all together if you're not pushing the stamina bar down low enough.
Lol that really needs some balancing then if true. I'm unsure if got any perk that reduces stamina cost, will verify and report back.

Edit: nope, I don't have anything on my skill tree that reduces stamina cost or even anything that gives me more stamina. But it's really interesting to note that I'm able to sprint non-stop for quite a while. Also, don't own any cyberware or equipment that reduces stamina cost.
Post edited December 21, 2020 by JAD2012
I have a question:
how can I level up Body?
I am stuck on Level 5 and all possible perks are maxed out but I can`t reach Level 6, which I need for a Mission.

Can someone help...?

FOUND IT OUT MYSELF :)
Post edited December 21, 2020 by Tokaji_909
rebb: Forcing doors open also gives an instant athletics bonus. But they are rare and require certain skill points.
this is correct, seems one of the VERY few things that give you exp. Fighting unarmed is just ridiculously boring and the reward (20 exp) not worth it.
Seems breaking windows with a katana gives you 20 exp, but only after turning it into pieces.... Unrelated but, sound effect of glass breaking is missing lol
olithejunglist: Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

Also sliding, carrying bodies, and I think it levels quicker the more perks you invest in the category.
Wrong game, But Patches would be proud of you! ;)
If you have at least 6 body you can "level" athletics like this:

1. Get Moor Tech Berserk Mk1 from Ripperdoc in Santo Domingo/Arroyo
2. Activate Berserk
3. Do a spint-slide while berserk is active
4. Open Inventory while sliding
5. Wait a minute
6. Max athletics

Still works in 1.06
For around every 500 points of stamina (yellow/orange bar) you invest you get around 25 athletics exp.

And for every skill check you pass on constitution you get 100 exp.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by kami-kaTze
I have seen it go up a couple levels while continuing to play.

I still say it's going up WAAAAAAY too slow!
I'm at 50 hours or so, and I just have reached Athletics level 2, and the only thing I was doing at that moment was to sprint.
And sprinting is almost the only thing I am doing Athletic-wise.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by Jentuncegs