It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOGer: ...
StingingVelvet: Thanks for being super annoying and ranting about your personal crap, it was very helpful.

Tons of comments on Steam about the newly shortened LOD distance, so no I'm not crazy.
wtf is wrong with you, cowboy? super annoying? go kiss a boy! personal crap? go fish!

you sound demented, and after this reply, i AM done with you. loser!

i ask for evidence for a serious claim that YOU made. new patch lowers lod and something else. i am shocked to hear that but will not just accept your word. so i ask for evidence and to actually SEE what this might actually look like. i don't give a frig about steam forums. we are on gog forums, as bad as they are. i don't need/have to check sources, i ask that you, the claimant, prove your claims! that freaks you out.

(and yes, "your" claim may be factual, even now i'm not saying that it's not. though so far in this patch thread only you claimed this. so, i want to see what changed via pictorial or video examples before i start going off on cdpr myself and not install any patches if this can not be undone manually in later patches.)

go pound sand babalu!!
Post edited December 20, 2020 by GOGer
StingingVelvet: Thanks for being super annoying and ranting about your personal crap, it was very helpful.

Tons of comments on Steam about the newly shortened LOD distance, so no I'm not crazy.
You've been here for 12 years? Is that right?
Was this community always like this?
I never imagined a community of "DRM free enthusiasts" to be so anti-consumer.
TencentInvestor: You've been here for 12 years? Is that right?
not sure if your reply is genuine or baiting/trolling. (yes, yes, i'm partially paranoid - and i like it.)
will assume genuine and reply thusly;

yes sir, mister, been here since year zero. some call me patient zero; grabbed name 1st (so many want/ed GOGer) and joined sep '08 as new born. so yeah, here since the start. not on forums, as i don't like them and have a life, such as it is. don't let my "rep" (a pure garbage and infantile feature) or lack thereof confuse you. i am the existential goger (again, ergo my name).

and yes, it was like this from the start on the forums. almost mainly (though not fully) due to above mentioned putrid reddit-like like/dislike (rep) system that the hoi poloi love to abuse/exploit. means absolutely NOTHING to me.

as for last part, it's how it is with pre 1980's people. they love and embrace galaxy and steam and all things "automated". patching manually to them is a sin. i inform a user that he can patch how he likes using offline files, because he was saying current newest patch (105) makes things worse, and he uses galaxy, and that makes me the bad guy.

so yes, perfect example right here how it's actually bad to post here. like i say, i truly don't have the time nor patience to "hang" on forums (like i used to a decade or longer ago on some better forums) anymore. i just pop my head-in once every few months to check things and see any changes, but that's it. now, i posted a bit in cyberpunk threads only because i am "reviewing" the game for myself, so i like to see what the new patches do etc.. so i'm "allowing" myself some gog forum time due to cyberpunk. otherwise i just BUY games and play them, not talk about them. i don't have/use facebook or ANY other "social" b/s thing.. like that.

ps: now gimme a rep+, and i will join you at a rep of 7.. ;-) /s
TencentInvestor: You've been here for 12 years? Is that right?
GOGer: not sure if your reply is genuine or baiting/trolling. (yes, yes, i'm partially paranoid - and i like it.)
will assume genuine and reply thusly;

yes sir, mister, been here since year zero. some call me patient zero; grabbed name 1st and joined sep '08 as new born. so yeah, here since the start. not on forums, as i don't like them and have a life, such as it is. don't let my "rep" (a pure garbage and infantile feature) or lack thereof confuse you. i am the existential goger (again, ergo my name).

and yes, it was. almost mainly (though not fully) due to above mentioned putrid reddit-like like/dislike (rep) system that the hoi poloi love to abuse/exploit. means absolutely NOTHING to me.

as for last part, it's how it is with pre 1980's people. they love and embrace galaxy and steam and all things "automated". patching manually to them is a sin. i inform a user that he can patch how he likes using offline files, because he was saying current newest patch (105) makes things worse, and he uses galaxy, but i'm the bad guy.

so yes, perfect example right here how it's actually bad to post here. like i say, i truly don't have the time nor patience to "hang" on forums (like i used to a decade or longer ago on some better forums) anymore. i just pop my head-in once every few months to check things and changes, but that's it. now, i posted a bit in cyberpunk threads only because i am "reviewing" the game for myself, so i like to see what the new patches do etc.. so i'm "allowing" myself some gog forum time due to cyberpunk. otherwise i just BUY games and play them, not talk about them. i don't have/use facebook or ANY other "social" b/s thing.. like that.
Yeah, I get that. Haven't posted on any forum these past 10 years, either. I guess I came here after seeing Cyberpunk through to the end to process what I now consider the greatest scam in my 20+ years of playing videogames.
I still have a hard time getting over how bad things really are. Never missed the days of manual patching, though.
I'm generally having fun with my automated, RGB enabled games these days.

PS: Done. My goal is -2077 Rep like CDP, though.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by TencentInvestor
Wow servers a really fast in the morning :-)

Hopefully the have managed to fix the most annoying bugs.
Attachments:
cbdl.jpg (12 Kb)

yes LOD has be reduced greatly. before 1.05 objectes were rendered far away for me, as im playing on ultra settings. but now its liek few meters before camera
Post edited December 20, 2020 by omatkoicorko
omatkoicorko: yes LOD has be reduced greatly. before 1.05 objectes were rendered far away for me, as im playing on ultra settings. but now its liek few meters before camera
like i said, maybe it is, but this needs to be SHOWN via picture or video comparisons, so people can debate and rage and have valid proof and so on.

tell me what to test as a new gamer -meaning at beginning of game, not much in, as i have nor really played the game, so i have to be able to visit such place with very early character. i have patch 105 ready but have not updated 104. so instruct me where to go after starting a new game and what to look at and take pictures. i will (with game maxed, etc.. and only using official in game settings not mods or such) and then, after i update with 105 i will remember, obviously, where to go, and i will retake pics at same location. it's better i get told about a few good example locations that one of you who claim this, has seen and is able to recognize easily as a good example of how easily it can be seen after the update is applied. (and i'll make sure settings are maxed the same, at least in game settings, so there is no change there, even if same settings are now internally nerfed.) that way, i myself will see "live" this claim. after that, i will spending my dying days dissing cdpr and gog anywhere i can. forums all over, tv if/when i go on, chats, irc, anywhere i can as often as i can. i'll also join any action class lawsuit if one suits me and has serious law firm behind it. (eula b/s about no class action is invalid and illegal in many places. let's not discuss that crap.)

so tell me, go to this location on map and look there and take pic of big shed, or tall skyscraper, or whatever. in fact show me on map by taking pic of map, than edit it in a program to add an arrow pointing to where i should look and that way i'll know. or show comparison pictures of before and after yourself. there can be 10000 users stating it changed, but i want to SEE!!!

Playing since release and the LOD is very very apparent. I rock a 100% everything turned on monster machine with FPS dips only to 39 maxed out so yeah I noticed it... very first thing I noticed was car textures load to close when before they never popped in at all, Billboards blinks and goes form static to animated while walking driving... models textures and AI animation are crap in the distance, boxy little animations look bad... this was an absolute MASSIVE downgrade in visual quality and texture load balancing.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by Starkrun
GandalfTheWhite: Wow servers a really fast in the morning :-)

Hopefully the have managed to fix the most annoying bugs.
Not for me.
Still crashes and eventually crashes the entire video driver.

I even gave my computer the DDU treatment and reinstalled all the drivers.
Still crashes after a bit; was able to start up the game again but then it crashed again a bit later with the entire graphics driver still goin down. :-(
Starkrun: Playing since release and the LOD is very very apparent. I rock a 100% everything turned on monster machine with FPS dips only to 39 maxed out so yeah I noticed it... very first thing I noticed was car textures load to close when before they never popped in at all, Billboards blinks and goes form static to animated while walking driving... models textures and AI animation are crap in the distance, boxy little animations look bad... this was an absolute MASSIVE downgrade in visual quality and texture load balancing.
Yeah it's a real bummer. I downloaded 1.03 last night from GOG along with the 1.04 patch, so I guess I can revert if I want. Still, with bug fixes and eventually DLC coming that seems like a limited solution. There are LOD extender mods, but they sound buggy and also I don't know what setting would match the previous game version or if it's even that simple of a change.
StingingVelvet: snip
I found this LOD option im going to mess with it and see what happens... settings of 10 and 100 and see what i see will edit results: https://imgur.com/VBd7uZr

edit: no change at all setting to 1 or 120 or 300 or 700
Post edited December 20, 2020 by Starkrun
StingingVelvet: snip
Starkrun: I found this LOD option im going to mess with it and see what happens... settings of 10 and 100 and see what i see will edit results: https://imgur.com/VBd7uZr

edit: no change at all setting to 1 or 120 or 300 or 700
Yes. i just tried it and no changes, i dont even notice a change with the ingame option, so im not sure if it is working as intended
I have noticed one other thing that helped... aside from updating graphics drivers.....
Rebooting in clean mode made it so that while normal crashes happen, I can always just start up the game again and keep playing.

For those who don't know...
clean boot for win7:

msconfig

goto services tab, check hide microsoft products and then click disable all.

Goto startup tab and disable all.

click ok and let it reboot

Note that if you use steam, it will insist on re-enabling it's service.
This appears to have NO effect on the crashing of cyberpunk 2077, so it's ok to let it do that.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by ast486