It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Yay for my internet dying for frigging hours. That was...not fun at all, and more than a little frustrating.
Had that issue just a week ago. It always makes me sad to realize how sad I get when the internet is not working.
Empress_Owl: Good morning, dear Crow !! :)
**happily dive in the fressh coffee wading pool** ... thanks !! this is more than needed on a monday morning... :) I'm on holidays, but i have a few things to do for work anyway... i hope i'll find some courage.
How are you ?
Yeah, whether it's a work day or not, a few gallons of coffee are always useful.

You'll get it. Just pace yourself, don't kick yourself thinking you need to clear more, more, more when you're already doing your best.

Doing all right here aside from the whole internet dying with no explanation whatsoever thing. Going back and forth on whether to get pills to help me stop smoking, that's about it for anything new or different.
AgentBirdnest: Had that issue just a week ago. It always makes me sad to realize how sad I get when the internet is not working.
Sucks ass, doesn't it?

Don't be sad. Like I've explained to the roommates, once you're used to being linked into pretty much everything on the planet all the time, it doesn't feel right when you get disconnected from it.

Also, you're going to have to tell me about Mustard Bucket at some point. Didn't know they were putting out another game so soon. ;)
Post edited February 08, 2016 by CarrionCrow
Hi people of the thread. I hope you're all doing well? :) *big hugs*
CarrionCrow: Sucks ass, doesn't it?

Don't be sad. Like I've explained to the roommates, once you're used to being linked into pretty much everything on the planet all the time, it doesn't feel right when you get disconnected from it.
I figure the same thing happens to hardcore readers when their books suddenly die for a few hours. ... that's a terrible analogy. Anyway, you're right. I imagine I'd adjust to the internet being down after a couple of weeks, but that first 14-day shock would probably kill me first :-p
AgentBirdnest: I really loved the first game, Shadowrun Returns, so I'm sure I'll like this one as well. I usually don't care much for turn-based combat RPGs, but for some reason, this one hit just the right part of my brain to make me like it.
I just finished replaying Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Now I'm heading into the new mini-campaign ... :)
FearfulSymmetry: Hi people of the thread. I hope you're all doing well? :) *big hugs*
Good evenoon, Ms Metry! :-) *extra-big hug*
Well enough to talk here, and even enough to jump rope. How about yourself? Has the recovery been going nicely?
FearfulSymmetry: I just finished replaying Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Now I'm heading into the new mini-campaign ... :)
That's another motivation of mine to hurry and finish Dragonfall. I saw that Hong Kong was updated, and I wanna play it really badly :-)
Post edited February 08, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Good evenoon, Ms Metry! :-) *extra-big hug*
Well enough to talk here, and even enough to jump rope. How about yourself? Has the recovery been going nicely?
That's another motivation of mine to hurry and finish Dragonfall. I saw that Hong Kong was updated, and I wanna play it really badly :-)
*mega hug* Hello Agent, are you okay?

It's as expected, except that I managed to catch the flu on top of it. Which wouldn't be so bad if I had time to be ill, but I don't really. :P Tomorrow I'm heading to the school where I'll be working for my internship, so I kind of have no choice but to go ... Oh well, painkillers all the way!

Definitely fewer bugs this time around. Note to self: do not play a game just after it's been released. :P Haha, I quite enjoy the Shadowrun games, though. They have a certain kind of charm.
FearfulSymmetry: Hi people of the thread. I hope you're all doing well? :) *big hugs*
Good evening. =)

Can't complain too much here. How've you been doing post-surgery?

Crap...planning to do the same thing since they put out the new campaign, but haven't gotten to it yet. You're fast. ;P
AgentBirdnest: I figure the same thing happens to hardcore readers when their books suddenly die for a few hours. ... that's a terrible analogy. Anyway, you're right. I imagine I'd adjust to the internet being down after a couple of weeks, but that first 14-day shock would probably kill me first :-p
That works if the person reads everything on an e-reader and it died.

-laughs- Yeah, I know what you mean. A few hours in, it was a tricky thing to not start shaking the modem, demanding that it start working again.
Post edited February 08, 2016 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

Can't complain too much here. How've you been doing post-surgery?

Crap...planning to do the same thing since they put out the new campaign, but haven't gotten to it yet. You're fast. ;P
Hey Crow, good to hear you're doing okay. I'm all right too, except for that stupid flu. That complicates things a little. :P And I'm kind of wishing my stitches would hurry up and dissolve already.

More like bored. :P I still have trouble concentrating so working/reading useful stuff/keeping up prolonged conversations has been a bit hard. Gaming has been something of a distraction, somehow it's easier to focus on the light entertainment. I also played through Bioshock Infinite last week and quite enjoyed it (for being a first-person shooter, which is a genre I don't always like).
FearfulSymmetry: *mega hug* Hello Agent, are you okay?

It's as expected, except that I managed to catch the flu on top of it. Which wouldn't be so bad if I had time to be ill, but I don't really. :P Tomorrow I'm heading to the school where I'll be working for my internship, so I kind of have no choice but to go ... Oh well, painkillers all the way!

Definitely fewer bugs this time around. Note to self: do not play a game just after it's been released. :P Haha, I quite enjoy the Shadowrun games, though. They have a certain kind of charm.
Yeah, I'm okay. Been dealing with some medication-related problems for a few weeks, and the last couple of days have been particularly nasty. But it hasn't been affecting my mood too much, which I'm definitely happy about :-)

Of course you have the flu 9__9 ... Good Gog, you poor lady... *extra-big comforting hug with blankets and soup*

Yeah, "charm" is the best word I can think of for Shadowrun. Something I can't quite explain that I really like.
AgentBirdnest: Yeah, I'm okay. Been dealing with some medication-related problems for a few weeks, and the last couple of days have been particularly nasty. But it hasn't been affecting my mood too much, which I'm definitely happy about :-)

Of course you have the flu 9__9 ... Good Gog, you poor lady... *extra-big comforting hug with blankets and soup*

Yeah, "charm" is the best word I can think of for Shadowrun. Something I can't quite explain that I really like.
Auch, that's not good. :( Sorry to hear that, hopefully the meds will begin cooperating soon. *big hug*

I'm a pretty good example of Murphy's Law. The last time I got that (minor) surgery I also got the flu afterwards. :P *thank you hug*

Me too. I mean, all of the games are kind of same-y, but in a way I don't mind. Somehow I really like the setting and the art style. And the combat (although I'm a wimp so I play on low difficulties).
FearfulSymmetry: Hey Crow, good to hear you're doing okay. I'm all right too, except for that stupid flu. That complicates things a little. :P And I'm kind of wishing my stitches would hurry up and dissolve already.

More like bored. :P I still have trouble concentrating so working/reading useful stuff/keeping up prolonged conversations has been a bit hard. Gaming has been something of a distraction, somehow it's easier to focus on the light entertainment. I also played through Bioshock Infinite last week and quite enjoyed it (for being a first-person shooter, which is a genre I don't always like).
Flu plus nose surgery...that sounds like a really bad mix.

I'm glad the distraction's been there, at least. Hopefully you'll be able to recover quickly so you're back to normal, no impairment to deal with.
CarrionCrow: Flu plus nose surgery...that sounds like a really bad mix.

I'm glad the distraction's been there, at least. Hopefully you'll be able to recover quickly so you're back to normal, no impairment to deal with.
Yeah, I've had better times. But things could be a lot worse. :P Hopefully it'll clear up sooner rather than later, because I've run out of time to loiter about.

Yep, it's been nice getting lost in games for a bit. And thanks! I hope so too, especially as I'll be starting my internship in the coming weeks. I'm definitely looking forward to that, but I'd prefer to have some of my energy back before I teach a rowdy class full of school kids. :P

How about you? Have you been playing anything fun?
FearfulSymmetry: Auch, that's not good. :( Sorry to hear that, hopefully the meds will begin cooperating soon. *big hug*

I'm a pretty good example of Murphy's Law. The last time I got that (minor) surgery I also got the flu afterwards. :P *thank you hug*

Me too. I mean, all of the games are kind of same-y, but in a way I don't mind. Somehow I really like the setting and the art style. And the combat (although I'm a wimp so I play on low difficulties).
Bah, I'm surviving. I'm starting to feel bad talking about it all the time, but people keep asking me, so... :-p

Yeah, I could have sworn I was giving you a blanket and soup just a couple of months ago. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend. I don't want to have to give you any more blankets!! >:-p (Hihihi, that sounds so mean...)

Yes... the atmosphere just works for me. From the art style, to the music, to the street slang. Even little things like the character's names. And the way that the dialog narration is written is quite good. It really gets me immersed in the world.
FearfulSymmetry: Yeah, I've had better times. But things could be a lot worse. :P Hopefully it'll clear up sooner rather than later, because I've run out of time to loiter about.

Yep, it's been nice getting lost in games for a bit. And thanks! I hope so too, especially as I'll be starting my internship in the coming weeks. I'm definitely looking forward to that, but I'd prefer to have some of my energy back before I teach a rowdy class full of school kids. :P

How about you? Have you been playing anything fun?
Very true. Good outlook to have on things. =)

You're very welcome. Trying to get work done while you're feeling badly on more than one level can't be much fun.

Are tasers legal for personal use in the Netherlands? Not saying you should zap students outright, but it might be useful just in case...;)

I have been "playing" Duke Nukem Forever. I put playing in air quotes since "playing" it certainly doesn't feel playful, it damn sure isn't fun and I just want it to end. Think I have about two and a half levels and that reeking example of why some things shouldn't be resurrected will be done. (Aside from the DLC, because I am an idiot and actually purchased it.)

Beyond that, I've got over 15 percent of my library loaded up, figure I'll pick out something that's actually good.