It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Damn, trying to sleep for a few hours but am kept awake by a flood of great ideas how to solve certain problems of my current prototype building. Had to get up and take notes after not having been able to sleep for hours anyway.
I'm working a bloody lot atm due to developing my own products while working my main job and am making a lot of progress but desperately need sleep to recharge. Now when I should be sleeping all the ideas are coming.

Does anybody know this?
Post edited January 30, 2016 by Klumpen0815
ElTerprise: Thanks :)
Well that doesn't sound too bad :)

XD
*big return hug*
Yep not gonna happen....not my field :D
But if you become the mad scientist you get a pet mouse? :-)
ddickinson: But if you become the mad scientist you get a pet mouse? :-)
Well i'm not sure if my cat would like that ;)
ElTerprise: Guten Abend, Herr Agent ^^
I'm fine - what about you?
In short - I'm good. Full of pizza and getting ready to sleep hopefully soon.
A bit stressed over these random unpleasant physical issues I've been having lately, but I'm mostly able to keep a smile on my face. So this evening is a win :-)
Klumpen0815: Damn, trying to sleep for a few hours but am kept awake by a flood of great ideas how to solve certain problems of my current prototype building. Had to get up and take notes after not having been able to sleep for hours anyway.
I'm working a bloody lot atm due to developing my own products while working my main job and am making a lot of progress but desperately need sleep to recharge. Now when I should be sleeping all the ideas are coming.

Does anybody know this?
I get that a lot, my brain working overtime just as I want to sleep. Sadly I can't really offer any solutions or help on it. I am not really sure why we get so clever just before we sleep, maybe as we are winding down from the day we get more clear minded.

I hoep you will be able to find a good balance with your work and sleep, and good luck with developing your own products.
ddickinson: I would probably agree withy our dates. There are of course still some good FPS games now and then, but most are just lacklustre multiplayer focused games, and any single player aspect is often more cinematic than game. Or they are just COD clones. Shame they can't clone the WW2 era games when COD was good. :-)
*sigh* ... I'd love some WW2 shooters. Of course, I had a totally different opinion 11 years ago, when there were already a ton of them coming out every year :-p
Like you said, there is a good one every now and then. 2009 had my favourite WW2 shooter, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. A lovely game that focused on tactics and had a great story and characters. I wish they'd make another one in that series :-(
ElTerprise: Well i'm not sure if my cat would like that ;)
Maybe it was your cat until some mad scientist experiment went wrong and changed your cat into a mouse? :-)
AgentBirdnest: *sigh* ... I'd love some WW2 shooters. Of course, I had a totally different opinion 11 years ago, when there were already a ton of them coming out every year :-p
Like you said, there is a good one every now and then. 2009 had my favourite WW2 shooter, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. A lovely game that focused on tactics and had a great story and characters. I wish they'd make another one in that series :-(
As we have discussed before, it would have been nice to have some WW2 games from different perspectives, like as the Axis. Many of them were just too American for me, no offence. It's kind of like we talked about with MOH having a random US soldier with the Russians and things like that instead of like COD where you played as the Russians. The COD WW2 games had a better global feel to it. It was a World War after all. :-)
Post edited January 30, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: [...]
A few levels in Hell's Highway had you play as a British tank commander :-)
I remember an RTS game where you would play as every side - American, British, Russian, and German. I think it was Codename: Panzers? But there have probably been other RTS games do that too. After all, RTS games almost always have two campaigns; one for each side.
Post edited January 30, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: In short - I'm good. Full of pizza and getting ready to sleep hopefully soon.
A bit stressed over these random unpleasant physical issues I've been having lately, but I'm mostly able to keep a smile on my face. So this evening is a win :-)
Now i'm envious ...also love pizza but glad to hear you're doing good :)
As long as you're still smiling it's definitely a win i guess :)
AgentBirdnest: A few levels in Hell's Highway had you play as a British tank commander :-)
I remember an RTS game where you would play as every side - American, British, Russian, and German. I think it was Codename: Panzers? But there have probably been other RTS games do that too. After all, RTS games almost always have two campaigns; one for each side.
Sorry, I edited my post in case it came off wrong. I did not mean any offence and I think I might have worded it wrong. That is true about RTS games often having both sides, where as FPS games are usually very much one sided as a genre.
ddickinson: Maybe it was your cat until some mad scientist experiment went wrong and changed your cat into a mouse? :-)
Unlikely....my cat is way too stubborn for that :P
AgentBirdnest: *sigh* ... I'd love some WW2 shooters. Of course, I had a totally different opinion 11 years ago, when there were already a ton of them coming out every year :-p
Would love to play that one at some point or any of the Brothers in Arms series....
Post edited January 30, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Unlikely....my cat is way too stubborn for that :P
Maybe he did not have a choice, it could have been an accident with some experiment. But okay, you get a cat sidekick. :-)
ddickinson: Sorry, I edited my post in case it came off wrong. I did not mean any offence and I think I might have worded it wrong. That is true about RTS games often having both sides, where as FPS games are usually very much one sided as a genre.
Null sweat.
I guess it makes sense. It's probably more difficult to develop multiple campaigns for an FPS than for an RTS. Then again, in case nobody has noticed, I'm no game developer... so I have no idea what I'm talking about :-)

This has got me wondering... Are there any WW2 RPGs?
AgentBirdnest: Null sweat.
I guess it makes sense. It's probably more difficult to develop multiple campaigns for an FPS than for an RTS. Then again, in case nobody has noticed, I'm no game developer... so I have no idea what I'm talking about :-)

But who says it has to be multiple campaigns. It could just be a FPS game as the Axis. Then the expansion could be the Allies, or even a resistance group or some lesser know third party.

I don't know about that, even actual game developers don't always seem to know what they are doing or talking about. :-)

Probably, but none that I can think of.
ddickinson: Maybe he did not have a choice, it could have been an accident with some experiment. But okay, you get a cat sidekick. :-)
Fair enough :)

AgentBirdnest: Null sweat.

Haven't heard of one but there aren't that many RPGs with modern history or contemporary setting anyway...